Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This just in: Romar still sucks

Seattle U taking it to the Huskies early. Still can't run an offense against a Zone plus no shooters at all.

Comments

• C.J. Wilcox game is very limited. He never took that step and is basically just a better version of Suggs.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    he rebounds better than suggs did, but that's it. Once again we can't shoot
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't we have a basketball bored for this?

I made my initial mark on Softy's page by my critique of Romar. As much as I'd like to think this might finally be the year he gets canned, he has so much equity. Woodward has no reason to be obligated to him as he is to Sarkisian.
    NWG is overhyped
    he can really pass but he doesn't have much of an offensive game
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    I'll give them this, my keys were Kemp and Andrews taking steps. They both look good so far
  • Wilcox is very streaky which was nice a few years back as a guy off the bench. Problem this year and last year is you are counting on him.

Losing three big guys who are rotation guys hurt. I don't think you can play NWG and Andrews at the same time. Just like I.T. and the Pimp at the same time was a bad idea.

Team still lacks shooters IMO.
    Darin Johnson is the revelation to me. Wings who can finish strong with the off hand make my pp tingle. Knocked down the freebie too.
    jarreau is hurt, MRI tommorrow. Things are getting thin up front
    dhdawg said:

tsio
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

tsio
    it was over when mike moser signed with oregon. HTH
  • MelloDawg said:

I made my initial mark on Softy's page by my critique of Romar. As much as I'd like to think this might finally be the year he gets canned, he has so much equity. Woodward has no reason to be obligated to him as he is to Sarkisian.

I'd rather they keep Romar than Sark. At least Romar has proven he can have a team finish the season ranked in the top 25, win the conference title and make the NCAA's while Sark has proven he can barely finish above .500 in conference.

After this two game losing streak Sark will be sitting at 22-22 going into the Apple Cup in conference play.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

tsio
    it was over when romar was not fired. HTH
    dhdawg said:

NWG is overhyped

Only by the likes of doogwhosails and OregonDoog and other idiots who think high school and all star statistics mean something.

He's a solid top 50 recruit, he's not a 5 star guy. Gershon was right, doogs were wrong.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It's a little early for the doom and gloom. I don't think this team is all that good, and we already know what kind of coach Romar is, but I have seen very good teams play like shit early in the year. Syracuse from a few years ago comes to mind. Blackwell is out as well. Give them a few weeks before we say they suck.
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

tsio
    But Grinolds swore to us he was coming to UW, no need to worry about the Oregon rumors. He talked to his 18 year old cousin multiple times, didn't even need to talk to Moser himself.

It's a little early for the doom and gloom. I don't think this team is all that good, and we already know what kind of coach Romar is, but I have seen very good teams play like shit early in the year. Syracuse from a few years ago comes to mind. Blackwell is out as well. Give them a few weeks before we say they suck.

No doubt. I just didn't think the team was very good coming into the year. Andrews will have to take a massive step forward and they'll need health from Kemp, Wilcox and Blackwell to have a chance.

• dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

tsio
    But Grinolds swore to us he was coming to UW, no need to worry about the Oregon rumors. He talked to his 18 year old cousin multiple times, didn't even need to talk to Moser himself.
    When he transferred didn't Kim trash on his character saying him choosing Oregon says a lot about his lack of character? I know he said that about one recruit we lost to Oregon.

Kim calls us "Shitty" people yet has no problem bashing on 18-20 year old kids. Guy is such a hypocritical cuntbag.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,599 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

I'd rather they keep Romar than Sark. At least Romar has proven he can have a team finish the season ranked in the top 25, win the conference title and make the NCAA's while Sark has proven he can barely finish above .500 in conference.

After this two game losing streak Sark will be sitting at 22-22 going into the Apple Cup in conference play.
    There is less grey area in football in terms of what makes a successful season. Romar can finish the season in a number of ways and be declared a success by the fanbase. Him finishing the way you say he does can only be acceptable for so long, unless he's consistently winning the conference (which he won't ever do).