Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This just in: Romar still sucks

Comments

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

jarreau is hurt, MRI tommorrow. Things are getting thin up front

tsio
    it was over when mike moser signed with oregon. HTH
    But Grinolds swore to us he was coming to UW, no need to worry about the Oregon rumors. He talked to his 18 year old cousin multiple times, didn't even need to talk to Moser himself.
    Was there any truth about Romar being hamstrung by upper campus when it came to accepting the transcripts for Moser to be admitted? Apparently he was all set to commit until this generation's version of Gerberding or whomever the hell is in charge put the kibosh on it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    loadsock said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

jarreau is hurt, MRI tommorrow. Things are getting thin up front

tsio
    it was over when mike moser signed with oregon. HTH
    But Grinolds swore to us he was coming to UW, no need to worry about the Oregon rumors. He talked to his 18 year old cousin multiple times, didn't even need to talk to Moser himself.
    Was there any truth about Romar being hamstrung by upper campus when it came to accepting the transcripts for Moser to be admitted? Apparently he was all set to commit until this generation's version of Gerberding or whomever the hell is in charge put the kibosh on it.
    No idea but it wouldn't shock me. UW denying Garcia admittance still pisses me off.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    will ernie kent shut up about academics already? I mean NOC
    dhdawg said:

Ole!
  • MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Don't we have a basketball bored for this?

I made my initial mark on Softy's page by my critique of Romar. As much as I'd like to think this might finally be the year he gets canned, he has so much equity. Woodward has no reason to be obligated to him as he is to Sarkisian.

I'd rather they keep Romar than Sark. At least Romar has proven he can have a team finish the season ranked in the top 25, win the conference title and make the NCAA's while Sark has proven he can barely finish above .500 in conference.

After this two game losing streak Sark will be sitting at 22-22 going into the Apple Cup in conference play.
    There is less grey area in football in terms of what makes a successful season. Romar can finish the season in a number of ways and be declared a success by the fanbase. Him finishing the way you say he does can only be acceptable for so long, unless he's consistently winning the conference (which he won't ever do).
    I think Football has a much greater ceiling than Basketball. I think as a program this basketball team has peaked.

We could get better than Romar but firing him is also risky. I think he's a Tedford/Riley and Cal is terrible without Tedford and I feel the Beavers would be the same.

While Football I think just about anyone would be an improvement over Sark.
    mike anderson, Justin Holliday anyone?
    edited November 2013
    I think I'm going to like Mike Anderson. We haven't had a wing who could create his own shot consistently since Pondexter's senior year, and I suppose Ross in fits and starts. Gonna need to see him against some better competition, but he looks comfortable putting it on the floor. Liked his JUCO videos too.
    why don't they feed kemp more?
    edited November 2013
    dhdawg said:

mike anderson, Justin Holliday anyone?

Better handle and passer, probably not the defender

Darin Johnson has an old face. Looks like a fifth year senior.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dhdawg said:

Academis are important.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    Not watching the game, but is there a reason Blackwell hasn't played? Thought he was supposed to be a key this year?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

It's a little early for the doom and gloom. I don't think this team is all that good, and we already know what kind of coach Romar is, but I have seen very good teams play like shit early in the year. Syracuse from a few years ago comes to mind. Blackwell is out as well. Give them a few weeks before we say they suck.

No doubt. I just didn't think the team was very good coming into the year. Andrews will have to take a massive step forward and they'll need health from Kemp, Wilcox and Blackwell to have a chance.

I don't see it. He's having a good game today, but I think he's another guy that made Beach insert his foot into his mouth after watching a couple pick up games. He was really inefficient last year, and I don't think he is a good enough shooter to be more than an average player.

• dnc said:

It's a little early for the doom and gloom. I don't think this team is all that good, and we already know what kind of coach Romar is, but I have seen very good teams play like shit early in the year. Syracuse from a few years ago comes to mind. Blackwell is out as well. Give them a few weeks before we say they suck.

No doubt. I just didn't think the team was very good coming into the year. Andrews will have to take a massive step forward and they'll need health from Kemp, Wilcox and Blackwell to have a chance.

I don't see it. He's having a good game today, but I think he's another guy that made Beach insert his foot into his mouth after watching a couple pick up games. He was really inefficient last year, and I don't think he is a good enough shooter to be more than an average player.

Ideally Andrews is a spark plug off the bench. He's not a starter on a good team, like you said he isn't a good enough shooter to be a 2 guard and not a good enough passer to be a point guard.
    uw2010 said:

Not watching the game, but is there a reason Blackwell hasn't played? Thought he was supposed to be a key this year?

concussed

Anderson reminds Romar of Scott Suggs. SHIT
    dhdawg said:

Anderson reminds Romar of Scott Suggs. SHIT

Yeah not sure what he's talking about, he's already a better ballhandler, passer and defender than Suggs ever was. Probably won't ever be the shooter that Suggs was.

I'm not sure Anderson is going to be good, but I'm sure he's better than Kim's Pickup All Star.

• Remember guys if Romar says you are like Suggs while to you and I that is an insult to Romar that is a huge compliment.

Romar was in love with Suggs, known him since he was like 12.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    dnc said:

uw2010 said:

concussed

ah, ok. thanks