Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Snowflakes

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

Straights must bake cakes and arrange flowers for fags.
    Fags get to say "no coffee for you" to Christians.
    https://youtu.be/FRUJmGzV9Ko
    Some rights are clearly more equal than others.

What's your point? That there are retarded morons who can't see that as a problem? Yes, there are. There are as many or more retards who support the Christian bakers, and I suspect you know that full well.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

For those keeping track at home, you do have to bake a cake for gays even if it violates your religious beliefs, but you do NOT have to sell a .22 rifle to a 20 year old even if State and Federal law says they can legally purchase it. Sounds about right. Christ.

Need one of our fake lawyers to weigh in here.

I'm having a hard time squaring this. It would be analogous to a bar or restaurant saying they won't serve someone a beer until they are 24. It's up to the state legislatures and Feds to pass laws regulating firearms, not private business making up their own "law".
    Is it kinda like the NBA saying you can't be drafted until you are 19?

I don't know. I think it's fucktarded for a cake baker to deny a gay couple and I think it's equally fucktarded for the gay couple to give a shit when there's 50 other people who can bake them a cake.

In that same vein, this kid can buy a gun from 50 other places, shut the fuck up and stop wasting government time and money over bullshit.
    That was working until you said that. Safeway, all 20 billion of them, will make and sell anyone any cake they want. That's not the point. The point is that, when you are in public commerce, you rely, wittingly or not, on massive amounts of infrastructure common to us all, including the very road to your store. When you hang out a shingle, you serve the public and you don't pick and choose.

Cakes or guns, there's no difference on that score. If one is regulated and the other not, then the same answer, with regulated limitations that are rationally related to some public concern.

But no. Picking and choosing your retail customers isn't going to work. That could get really complicated for everyone real quickly.
    I think this means you agree with me, but I'm not sure because white man's devil tongue as a second language and all.
    Think it's more this

You are smarter than that.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

For those keeping track at home, you do have to bake a cake for gays even if it violates your religious beliefs, but you do NOT have to sell a .22 rifle to a 20 year old even if State and Federal law says they can legally purchase it. Sounds about right. Christ.

I'm having a hard time squaring this. It would be analogous to a bar or restaurant saying they won't serve someone a beer until they are 24. It's up to the state legislatures and Feds to pass laws regulating firearms, not private business making up their own "law".

I don't know. I think it's fucktarded for a cake baker to deny a gay couple and I think it's equally fucktarded for the gay couple to give a shit when there's 50 other people who can bake them a cake.

In that same vein, this kid can buy a gun from 50 other places, shut the fuck up and stop wasting government time and money over bullshit.
    That was working until you said that. Safeway, all 20 billion of them, will make and sell anyone any cake they want. That's not the point. The point is that, when you are in public commerce, you rely, wittingly or not, on massive amounts of infrastructure common to us all, including the very road to your store. When you hang out a shingle, you serve the public and you don't pick and choose.

Cakes or guns, there's no difference on that score. If one is regulated and the other not, then the same answer, with regulated limitations that are rationally related to some public concern.

But no. Picking and choosing your retail customers isn't going to work. That could get really complicated for everyone real quickly.
    I think this means you agree with me, but I'm not sure because white man's devil tongue as a second language and all.
    Think it's more this

You are smarter than that.
    Disagree

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Free market is free market. A business owner has a right to refuse service. I think it's stupid for business owners to deny service based on someone's sexual preference. But I think that's their choice and as long as they are respectful about it, they can be idiots if they choose.

So I agree that picking and choosing your customers is idiotic. But it's also idiotic for people to sue for that shit.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Free market is free market. A business owner has a right to refuse service. I think it's stupid for business owners to deny service based on someone's sexual preference. But I think that's their choice and as long as they are respectful about it, they can be idiots if they choose.

So I agree that picking and choosing your customers is idiotic. But it's also idiotic for people to sue for that shit.
    YBE
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

That's not what "free market" means.

If I have legal tender and meat basic standards of public decency relative to where I am (I'm appropriately attired for the business setting and not otherwise being disruptive), then that's it. I don't need to qualify according to your biases. I would think this is one thing everyone here could agree upon.

Otherwise, it's "We don't serve Jews." Not gonna happen.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

If I have legal tender and meat basic standards of public decency relative to where I am (I'm appropriately attired for the business setting and not otherwise being disruptive), then that's it. I don't need to qualify according to your biases. I would think this is one thing everyone here could agree upon.

Like I said, that's how I am and that's how my burger shack is. If you have money I don't give a flying fuck who you are.

Our country is different than that tho. It wasn't long ago when businesses were FS and could deny someone based on color. That has been fixed fortunately, and we are still wading through the religious/sexual preference issue. That being said, I don't think Dick's and Walmart upping the age to 21 is an issue someone should sue over. It's a money grab that's going to waste a bunch of time and money.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Wait, you have a problem denying service to Jews?

I thought that was the one thing we could all agree on. Fuck.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

Straights must bake cakes and arrange flowers for fags.
    Fags get to say "no coffee for you" to Christians.
    https://youtu.be/FRUJmGzV9Ko
    Some rights are clearly more equal than others.

What's your point? That there are retarded morons who can't see that as a problem? Yes, there are. There are as many or more retards who support the Christian bakers, and I suspect you know that full well.
    If you have to ask what the point is, you don't get it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Think it's more this

If @dnc and I ever end our magical love affair, you are the next man up.
    Only if you get to him first!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Swaye said:

Cept the Bar has the right to ID everyone who walks in and refuse service for any reason. So while they may not be able to hang a sign that says "over 24 only", they certainly could refuse them service.

Young cooglet used to head out to the Idaho state line when the age was 19 (when I was 17 with a Fake ID mind you) and they had one bar out there that would only take 21 or older. It was the 21 club by name

And this was just before insurance companies started to take over the world. So I'm guessing it wasn't to lower their insurance but more because they didn't want the youngest of the punks in their bar. SO that would be my precedent from 30 plus years ago in this issue.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,671 Founders Club
    Dicks engages in interstate commerce

Sounds impressive, no?

Dicks engages in interstate commerce

Sounds impressive, no?

That's where I draw the line. That place has gotten me through some dark tims.

Dicks is off limits!!!!!!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Everybody knows free market is code for Universal Basic Income

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Everybody knows free market is code for Universal Basic Income

And then they'll come for your Bibles.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Like I said, that's how I am and that's how my burger shack is. If you have money I don't give a flying fuck who you are.

Our country is different than that tho. It wasn't long ago when businesses were FS and could deny someone based on color. That has been fixed fortunately, and we are still wading through the religious/sexual preference issue. That being said, I don't think Dick's and Walmart upping the age to 21 is an issue someone should sue over. It's a money grab that's going to waste a bunch of time and money.
    Not really...

This law suit will hopefully get the state government off their ass and decide.

Just like the gay couple, this kid isn't wasting his time. He's going to win, because by law the store is unlawfully discriminating against him. If the law says 18, a store can't just say "we're going to be 21". It doesn't work that way. This is just another example of how some stores misjudge the political atmosphere. Instead of LIPO they jump on board to what they think is a popular social agenda, to which there will be a consequence. In this case, they are going to make the young dude rich.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    I gave up on all this shit when they started passing laws saying you can't attempt to alter sexual preference but its OK to provide medical assistance to change your physical gender.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I'm thinking the fake lawyers that work for these companies probably took a look at the legal implications of their decision and gave it the green light to go forward.

The young dude isn't getting rich, either. Where are his damages? Emotional distress? lol Quit being a faggot.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    LebamDawg said:

I gave up on all this shit when they started passing laws saying you can't attempt to alter sexual preference but its OK to provide medical assistance to change your physical gender.

It's a spectrum!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dflea said:

I'm thinking the fake lawyers that work for these companies probably took a look at the legal implications of their decision and gave it the green light to go forward.

The young dude isn't getting rich, either. Where are his damages? Emotional distress? lol Quit being a faggot.

Civil rights. The only damage needed.