Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fuck off, shill.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Another day, another fascist advocating special laws for special people and causes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

For those keeping track at home, you do have to bake a cake for gays even if it violates your religious beliefs, but you do NOT have to sell a .22 rifle to a 20 year old even if State and Federal law says they can legally purchase it. Sounds about right. Christ.

Need one of our fake lawyers to weigh in here.

My head just exploded

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

For those keeping track at home, you do have to bake a cake for gays even if it violates your religious beliefs, but you do NOT have to sell a .22 rifle to a 20 year old even if State and Federal law says they can legally purchase it. Sounds about right. Christ.

My head just exploded

Some rights are more equal than others.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

My head just exploded

Mine too. Log this into the "you can't have it both ways" file. If you violate the law (civil rights) by being a business refusing to serve someone a legally attainable item (cake), then how have you not violated the same law if that item happens to be a gun? I am sure one of our more liberal members will give us a tortured explanation of how this all makes sense.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    creep gets up in about an hour from now. He’ll have input I’d imagine
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    Nobody in my family is under 18, is a faggot, or bakes cakes so I dont give a fuck about any of this.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2018
    Swaye said:

Weighing in. Get back to the rez, hookers, blow and booze. Stick to the things you know. A man needs to know his limitations: trading land for beads and firewater are what got your people into the mess they've been in for 200 years; don't follow that path shape-shifter.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The kid has a case. Unless the State changes the law, he's going to win.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Swaye said:

I'm having a hard time squaring this. It would be analogous to a bar or restaurant saying they won't serve someone a beer until they are 24. It's up to the state legislatures and Feds to pass laws regulating firearms, not private business making up their own "law".
    Is it kinda like the NBA saying you can't be drafted until you are 19?

I don't know. I think it's fucktarded for a cake baker to deny a gay couple and I think it's equally fucktarded for the gay couple to give a shit when there's 50 other people who can bake them a cake.

In that same vein, this kid can buy a gun from 50 other places, shut the fuck up and stop wasting government time and money over bullshit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I'm having a hard time squaring this. It would be analogous to a bar or restaurant saying they won't serve someone a beer until they are 24. It's up to the state legislatures and Feds to pass laws regulating firearms, not private business making up their own "law".

I don't know. I think it's fucktarded for a cake baker to deny a gay couple and I think it's equally fucktarded for the gay couple to give a shit when there's 50 other people who can bake them a cake.

In that same vein, this kid can buy a gun from 50 other places, shut the fuck up and stop wasting government time and money over bullshit.
    That was working until you said that. Safeway, all 20 billion of them, will make and sell anyone any cake they want. That's not the point. The point is that, when you are in public commerce, you rely, wittingly or not, on massive amounts of infrastructure common to us all, including the very road to your store. When you hang out a shingle, you serve the public and you don't pick and choose.

Cakes or guns, there's no difference on that score. If one is regulated and the other not, then the same answer, with regulated limitations that are rationally related to some public concern.

But no. Picking and choosing your retail customers isn't going to work. That could get really complicated for everyone real quickly.
    I think this means you agree with me, but I'm not sure because white man's devil tongue as a second language and all.
    Think it's more this

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

That was working until you said that. Safeway, all 20 billion of them, will make and sell anyone any cake they want. That's not the point. The point is that, when you are in public commerce, you rely, wittingly or not, on massive amounts of infrastructure common to us all, including the very road to your store. When you hang out a shingle, you serve the public and you don't pick and choose.

Cakes or guns, there's no difference on that score. If one is regulated and the other not, then the same answer, with regulated limitations that are rationally related to some public concern.

But no. Picking and choosing your retail customers isn't going to work. That could get really complicated for everyone real quickly.
    I think this means you agree with me, but I'm not sure because white man's devil tongue as a second language and all.
    Think it's more this

If @dnc and I ever end our magical love affair, you are the next man up.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2018
    Straights must bake cakes and arrange flowers for fags.
    Fags get to say "no coffee for you" to Christians.
    https://youtu.be/FRUJmGzV9Ko
    Some rights are clearly more equal than others.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Straights must bake cakes and arrange flowers for fags.
    Fags get to say "no coffee for you" to Christians.
    https://youtu.be/FRUJmGzV9Ko
    Some rights are clearly more equal than others.

@TurdBuffer isn’t gay. Not gay at all. All of you saying that @TurdBuffer is gay are WRONG!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

We always homies, homey. You know that.