Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Glad one former UW QB isn't Racist

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    edited November 2013

The Eagles schedule is relatively easy though down the stretch.

Vs Redskins, Bye, vs Detroit, at Vikings, vs Chicago, at Dallas(Romo in a win or go home game is always good).

The one team to keep an eye on far as playoff seeding is Detroit they could be favored in every game they play rest of the way.

Definately agree about the Lions, although I still expect Detroit will find a way to be Detroit once again. Luckily the Bears are overrated and the Packers will dig themselves way to big of a hole without Rodgers because they fucking suck without him.

As long as Seattle takes care of business at home against New Orleans HFA will be theirs. If the dice rolls their way they could clinch HFA if they beat the 49ers again with 3 games to go giving them even more time to get every starter healthy before the playoffs. Hard not to see them going to the Super Bowl under those circumstances.
    They'd clinch the division for sure if they were to beat both New Orleans and SF but I don't know about HFA. I do have a feeling though that T-Jack and Christine Michael will be starting week 17 vs the Rams.

If the Hawks just win their home games they will have HFA. Again it's worth repeating Russell Wilson is 12-0 all-time at home.
    If Seattle beats NO and @SF we will be 12-1 at the very worst going 12-4. San Fran would have to beat NO which isn't too likely at this point but wouldn't be completely farfetched. Then NO and SF would be a 4 loss team. Carolina could be a 4 loss team with games against NE and @MIA and the Lions could start playing like Detroit and be a 4 loss team.

You are right though just take care of business at home like they have with Russell being 12-0 and they are there, Seahawks need to implode at this point to lose HFA.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I've heard people talk about Tate getting 7 or 8 in fa, if it's that high do you sign him, btw that has gotta be one of the best drafts of all time. Thomas okung Tate and chancellor
    dhdawg said:

I've heard people talk about Tate getting 7 or 8 in fa, if it's that high do you sign him, btw that has gotta be one of the best drafts of all time. Thomas okung Tate and chancellor

If he is asking for 7 or 8 then no, keeping this defensive core is the most important thing. Tate has been a critical player for us this year but that is too expensive. In Pete's system and a QB like RW who spreads the ball around I think you can still win Super Bowls without an expensive WR corps.

I really do want to hang onto Tate though, but I see other teams seeing at his overall utility as a reciever, punt returns, and plays in the open field.
  • I disagree you can keep Tate at 7-8 mill a year.

You just cut Rice who has a cap number at 9.7 mill, by cutting him you take a 2.4 mill hit so you save 7.3 million.

Red Bryant makes 8.5 million, if you cut him you save 5.5 million.

Zach Miller makes 7 million, if you cut him you save 5 million.

Chris Clemons makes 9.6 million, if you cut him you save 7.5 million

Brandon Mebane makes 5.7 million and if you cut him you save 5.3 million(only guaranteed 400K)

Heath Farwell makes 1.6 million, if you cut him you save 1.5 million.

I'm not saying cut all these guys but you have room to pay Tate and still keep Sherman, Thomas and Wilson around. Also remember probably after 2014 you'll be cutting Lynch which will save you 7.5 million as he is only owed 1.5 million guaranteed.

Remember guys this is the NFL and to keep good players that means you have to get rid of older more popular players.
  • dhdawg said:

You also had Thurmond in that draft too. It's why the Seahawks were able to turn this franchise around so quickly. Following year got Wright and Sherman in later rounds.

Then 2012 you draft Irvin, Wagner, Wilson and Sweezy.

I disagree you can keep Tate at 7-8 mill a year.

You just cut Rice who has a cap number at 9.7 mill, by cutting him you take a 2.4 mill hit so you save 7.3 million.

Brandon Mebane makes 5.7 million and if you cut him you save 5.3 million(only guaranteed 400K)

I'm not saying cut all these guys but you have room to pay Tate and still keep Sherman, Thomas and Wilson around. Also remember probably after 2014 you'll be cutting Lynch which will save you 7.5 million as he is only owed 1.5 million guaranteed.

Remember guys this is the NFL and to keep good players that means you have to get rid of older more popular players.

I think you need to try to hold onto Mebane, he has been rock solid for us for years. Red has been struggling so if he goes I am sure someone could step up. Clemons is probably too expensive but I don't see him getting cut if continues to get some sacks.

Miller is the big wild card, he doesn't show up in the stat sheet but he is the best blocking TE in the NFL which is really undervalued.

Regarding that draft it will go down as probably one of the best drafts for any team ever. So far this year's draft has been a pretty big bust but part of that has to do with Seahawk fans being spoiled with a few great drafts in a row.
  • I disagree you can keep Tate at 7-8 mill a year.

I think you need to try to hold onto Mebane, he has been rock solid for us for years. Red has been struggling so if he goes I am sure someone could step up. Clemons is probably too expensive but I don't see him getting cut if continues to get some sacks.

Miller is the big wild card, he doesn't show up in the stat sheet but he is the best blocking TE in the NFL which is really undervalued.

Regarding that draft it will go down as probably one of the best drafts for any team ever. So far this year's draft has been a pretty big bust but part of that has to do with Seahawk fans being spoiled with a few great drafts in a row.
    I'm not saying to cut Mebane just pointed out some guys who could go.

I think Clemons given his cap number and age will be cut for sure. You have Avril, Irvin and Bennett already. I'm sure Seattle will sign someone who is cheaper if not Clemons to a cheaper number.

As for Red Bryant? He missed yesterdays game and nobody noticed he's gone.

As for Zach Miller? Do you really want to pay 7 million for a blocking TE? There is a reason why they drafted Luke Wilson. They'll just go find some other blocking TE who can catch some balls on the cheap.

As for this draft, it's a hard roster to crack. I think down the road we'll look back at this draft with some positives. I do think Michael will be a future pro bowl RB for this franchise.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

NFL Salary Cap Superiority Guy

Rice, expendable, Miller, would be great if he took a pay cut but if not I still say keep him unless you can find another TE at a cheaper price. You can cut clemons cause remember Seattle will be a destination for pass rushers. With the crowd and the team around them they can (like this year load up with passrushers on shert term deals plus Avril still has a year of control). Mebane we have no depth behind and we need to adress oline in the draft, must keep. Farwell can take a pay cut to minimum salary, nice ST player.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

I never want to root for sCam Newton again. I feel dirty.

I am a big Cam Newton fan, I think he is going to be the best QB in the NFL in a couple years and will probably win a Super Bowl or 2.

So funny how SF controlled their own destiny for HFA and are now the 6 seed in the playoffs hahaha.

Panthers are good, they remind me of our team from last year. Early season struggles finding the identity and are hitting their stride, they will be scary in the playoffs and even have a shot at getting the #2 seed if they can take care of business against the Saints.
    I don't think he will be the best QB in the league, but he is really good. I don't want to play Carolina in the playoffs. They have a very good defense, a decent running game with proven RB's, and Newton is very dangerous.

• Another key FA nobody is talking about is Michael Bennett who is 28 years old and signed a one year deal. Unlike Clemons he can play the run too.

I bet they cut Clemons and keep Bennett on like a 3 year deal that's back loaded so they can cut him down the stretch as well.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I would get rid of Rice, Bryant, and Miller. Bryant can be replaced, and I would rather re-sign Michael Bennett when his contract is up at the end of the year than keep Bryant. Miller is a good player, but I think we could get a blocking TE for much cheaper. 7 million for a guy who catches 30 passes a year is way too much. Willson looks like he will be a decent receiver, and McCoy is decent although he has had drops. 9.6 million is a lot of money for Clemens. Hopefully, they can restructure that one, but he might need to go as well.

• I think you can and will keep Tate. He's not your normal run of the mill WR. He has the ability to be an elite play maker which this team was lacking last year. With Tate stepping up and hopefully when Harvin returns their passing game can be explosive which it wasn't last year.

Tate is also a "football player" as he is a great blocker, does punt returns and has the abilty to turn a short play into a long one, beat his man for a long pass and can make the great catch.

Baldwin who is a FA and is a nice player you let go. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Guys like Tate you keep.
    Seahawks current receiving corps is really underrated and has to up there in terms of bang for your buck. Tate has emerged that he can be a reciever as well as a playmaker where before he was simply a playmaker. Baldwin seems to make 1 crazy sideline acrobatic catch a game in a clutch situation as well as being a decent overall reciever.

Then you have one of those Ty players filling in and making big plays every week for the Seahawks. Pete does a great job in putting him into position for those 1v1 jump balls where he shines in. Can't win with those type of players, especially after 0-12.
  • It's a shame that Sark inherited a dry cupboard with bums like Kearse on his roster.

Also Pete is using Kearse well. He's always been great at the deep ball with his speed and leaping ability. Just don't ever throw to him on a third down slant.

I hate saying this about a guy but Rice being hurt actually helped as it allowed Kearse to take those reps.

Also let's be honest Rice wasn't 100% either. At 100% I wouldn't be saying that but Rice was hurting the team more than he was helping it.
    flynn is signing in GB. Hugh is throwing a party tonight
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

I never want to root for sCam Newton again. I feel dirty.

I am a big Cam Newton fan, I think he is going to be the best QB in the NFL in a couple years and will probably win a Super Bowl or 2.

So funny how SF controlled their own destiny for HFA and are now the 6 seed in the playoffs hahaha.

Panthers are good, they remind me of our team from last year. Early season struggles finding the identity and are hitting their stride, they will be scary in the playoffs and even have a shot at getting the #2 seed if they can take care of business against the Saints.
    I don't think he will be the best QB in the league, but he is really good. I don't want to play Carolina in the playoffs. They have a very good defense, a decent running game with proven RB's, and Newton is very dangerous.

Could have to play Carolina or SF in the 2nd round. If Carolina beats NO then NO could be the 2nd round opponent.

Not sure but I'd prefer Carolina. Their D is very tough but they are a young team with an offense that would really struggle @ Seattle in a playoff game. I think it would be a 17-3 or 20-6 type of game.
  • I can't see Cam Newton winning in Seattle.

Gotta agree with chest that Hawks would win rather ugly say 17-6?
    I decided not to bump a post. No need to make them mad when they already are.
    Here's a gem I found
    THe funniest part is Carolina had ZERO All-Pro players last season.

Also, they had ZERO defensive pro-bowlers last year.

LOL @ SEA fans putting Pathers defense anywhere near our level. It makes them feel better about being a crappy road team to try and prop up the panthers I guess....

No matter how you spin it....GB >>>>>>> Carolina. Can't beleive we even have to explain this.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    That's golden dude. Bump that shit.