Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    From Wiltfong:

Made a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Alabama on Thursday for the 247Sports Composite's No. 2 ranked outside linebacker Henry To'oto'o after talking to several people with knowledge of this recruitment.

To'oto'o included the Crimson Tide in his final five alongside Tennessee, Oregon, Washington and Cal.

Back in June, To'oto'o visited Tuscaloosa for the first time.

"Alabama is great," his father Jesse told 247Sports. "Not only the scenery, good place to raise a family, good place to live. Their program, they work extremely hard and that's the biggest thing we enjoyed about it. Saw the incoming freshmen and the habits that Alabama instilled in them."

The Crimson Tide have always been one of the programs recruiting To'oto'o the hardest led by Tosh Lupoi who played his high school ball at the same powerhouse Concord (Calif.) De La Salle.

To'oto'o is fresh off an official visit to Washington.

"It was great," the elder To'oto'o said. "Washington treated us very good."

Next up for To'oto'o will likely be a trip to Oregon, perhaps for the UCLA game on Nov. 3.

"After that we'll visit the remaining three," To'oto'o said.

Tennessee is in a good spot for To'oto'o as well.

"It's awesome over there, the feel is great, a bigger small town feel. The stadium is awesome too, you can pull up in your boat. Really like it at Tennessee."

The 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-2, 230-pound To'oto' as the nation's No. 37 prospect regardless of position.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Three of those schools are not like the others.
  • Options
    Tosh at Bama will continue to be a problem for west coast Poly recruits. They will probably get Ika as well.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982

Three of those schools are not like the others.

Yes Tennesse and Washington are the only ones where The stadium is awesome too, you can pull up in your boat. Clearly his top priority.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

How is his parents' marriage?

Guess we know the answer now
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I gots my money on Tosh
  • Options

According to Roof this is basically Kaho 2.0, dad wants Bama, he goin to Bama.

Dad wins again
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Coffee cups are undefeated
  • Options
    Took a look, Bama only has one LB commit right now...There’s no way they don’t end up with at least 3 based off their current LB roster and it’s always easier to just come poach a top guy out west than to continue the bidding wars with the SEC guys.
  • Options
    We need to hurry up and get Heimuli in the boat. Travion Brown committed to WSU earlier this week, we can pull a Sankey/Tryon on him if necessary. Any other ILB prospects that we're in on?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

From Wiltfong:

Made a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Alabama on Thursday for the 247Sports Composite's No. 2 ranked outside linebacker Henry To'oto'o after talking to several people with knowledge of this recruitment.

To'oto'o included the Crimson Tide in his final five alongside Tennessee, Oregon, Washington and Cal.

"Alabama is great," his father Jesse told 247Sports. "Not only the scenery, good place to raise a family, good place to live. Their program, they work extremely hard and that's the biggest thing we enjoyed about it. Saw the incoming freshmen and the habits that Alabama instilled in them."

The Crimson Tide have always been one of the programs recruiting To'oto'o the hardest led by Tosh Lupoi who played his high school ball at the same powerhouse Concord (Calif.) De La Salle.

Next up for To'oto'o will likely be a trip to Oregon, perhaps for the UCLA game on Nov. 3.

"It's awesome over there, the feel is great, a bigger small town feel. The stadium is awesome too, you can pull up in your boat. Really like it at Tennessee."

The 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-2, 230-pound To'oto' as the nation's No. 37 prospect regardless of position.

Sounds like a speculative Crystal Ball.

I'm not going to get comfortable as long as Bama is hanging around but this is much better than a CB from Biggins would be in this case. Doesn't sound like any sort of decision has been made, Tosh just likes his chances. If Tosh likes his chances that doesn't bode well, but it's not over.
  • Options

From Wiltfong:

Sounds like a speculative Crystal Ball.

I'm not going to get comfortable as long as Bama is hanging around but this is much better than a CB from Biggins would be in this case. Doesn't sound like any sort of decision has been made, Tosh just likes his chances. If Tosh likes his chances that doesn't bode well, but it's not over.
    Henry’s dad likes Tosh’s chances too
  • Options
    From Huff:

Just dropped in a new Crystal Ball for Henry To'oto'o to Alabama.

I had talked with Steve when he put his in, was actually on the road that week, visiting the Bay Area, just never put it in that day.

Anyhow, the buzz at DLS was that Henry is leaning towards the South, with Alabama and Tennessee the two destinations.

But the more I've dug, the more buzz I'm hearing for Alabama right now, with Tennessee No. 2. Its kind of a battle of former DLS players- Tosh Lupoi and Kevin Simon, but Brandon Kaho being at Alabama right now certainly helps, especially with Henry also being LDS, so the two have gotten to be close.

Obviously, still a long way to go, but much of the buzz of late is for Bama.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I love Tosh and his bagmen
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

From Huff:

I had talked with Steve when he put his in, was actually on the road that week, visiting the Bay Area, just never put it in that day.

Anyhow, the buzz at DLS was that Henry is leaning towards the South, with Alabama and Tennessee the two destinations.

But the more I've dug, the more buzz I'm hearing for Alabama right now, with Tennessee No. 2. Its kind of a battle of former DLS players- Tosh Lupoi and Kevin Simon, but Brandon Kaho being at Alabama right now certainly helps, especially with Henry also being LDS, so the two have gotten to be close.

Releasing Kaho is going to fuck us over again and again
    NOT releasing Kaho would have made it painfully more difficult to recruit to UW... every recruiter would have used it against us saying we force players to stay or sit out a year
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

From Huff:

Releasing Kaho is going to fuck us over again and again
    NOT releasing Kaho would have made it painfully more difficult to recruit to UW... every recruiter would have used it against us saying we force players to stay or sit out a year
    Yeah I just don't see how this is a significant negative recruiting chip. What school doesn't enforce their LOIs? It's basically SOP.

Perhaps a world could exist where this site doesn't have a weird obsession with negative recruiting material.
    If its an SOP why didn't Pete fight harder to keep him or straight up deny Kaho's release?

Forcing Kaho to stay here would have pissed him off and his family which would have been a significant recruiting point that negative recruiters would have a field day with any recruiting considering UW.

Why play for UW when they wouldn't respect your families wishes after a death, divorce, etc.

Im not saying its fair, but i don't see how keeping kaho and forcing him to play for us would have done us any favors on the recruiting trail