Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

RIP to the DNC

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    RedRocket said:

Seems like this whole thing could be cleared up pretty quickly just by releasing the full FISA applications. Even just releasing when surveillance started on Page would clear up quite a bit. If FEDs were watching Page before dossier and Trump campaign then hard to make the case that dossier was basis for FISA.

There's a reason why Nunes and Trump aren't releasing all of the information here.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

RedRocket said:

Seems like this whole thing could be cleared up pretty quickly just by releasing the full FISA applications. Even just releasing when surveillance started on Page would clear up quite a bit. If FEDs were watching Page before dossier and Trump campaign then hard to make the case that dossier was basis for FISA.

There's a reason why Nunes and Trump aren't releasing all of the information here.
    So you are telling me releasing the memo was not an act of full transparency?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

RedRocket said:

McCabe testified they had to have the memo to get the warrant. So it's really not hard. At all

The same ass clowns that tried to block the memo want to release source material?

Pretty sure I'm going to like it more than you do.

Release it all now that we know the national security objections werror bullshit
    I think we'll all hate it.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

McCabe testified they had to have the memo to get the warrant. So it's really not hard. At all

The same ass clowns that tried to block the memo want to release source material?

Release it all now that we know the national security objections werror bullshit
    There are dems saying that the McCabe quote is inaccurate and that dossier was not the basis for the FISA. FBI and Justice department also called the memo inaccurate and misleading so it's a little more murky than you're making it seem unless you're willing to take the entire memo at face value. If it turns out that the FISA warrant was issued based primarily on uncorroborated dossier info than I'll change my tune but this wasn't Page's first run in with the FBI and I have no clue what other info FBI might have had on him to supplement the dossier.

RedRocket said:

I think we'll all hate it.
    Nothing gets me harder than pages of legalese.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Just to inform you. The issue with Watergate was the cover up.

Mmm...kay.

The Watergate scandal was a major political scandal that occurred in the United States during the early 1970s, following a break-in by five men at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972, and President Richard Nixon's administration's subsequent attempt to cover up its involvement. After the five burglars were caught and the conspiracy was discovered, Watergate was investigated by the United States Congress. Meanwhile, Nixon's administration resisted its probes, which led to a constitutional crisis.
    Well, no shit, Sherlock. Nixon covered up Watergate. I watched that shit on TV all during the summer of 74.

You're telling me Hilary, the FBI, the DNC and all those other fucks weren't/aren't covering shit up?!?!

Mmmm....kay.

They still haven't responded to requests/subpoenas to provide documents
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The party that brought us the Patriot Act crying about civil liberties.

Yes, I fondly remember the Democrats having congress and the White House and immediately moving to strike down the Patriot Act the GOP forced down their throats.

Neither party gives a shit about personal liberty.

hth
    Sounds like everybody does it. Looks like my work is done here.
    If your poont is that both parties are dishonest, power hungry, assholes who pretend to care about the American people, then yes.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,054 Founders Club

“As the DOJ emphasized to Chairman Nunes, the decision to employ an obscure and never before used House rule to release classified information without DOJ and FBI vetting was ‘extraordinarily reckless.’ The selective release and politicization of classified information sets a terrible precedent and will do long-term damage to the Intelligence Community and our law enforcement agencies. If potential intelligence sources know that their identities might be compromised when political winds arise, those sources of vital information will simply dry up, at great cost to our national security.

My buddy, both a former navy pilot and right-leaning libertarian, was pretty bent out of shape about this untimely release.

I wish it wasn't the case, but it casts a significant pall over credibility of the memo. No matter how true (I think) it is in principle.

It also isn't stretch think the DOJ/FBI castigation of the memo is incentivized by the need to cover their own asses.

All that said, Jeff SessionsFS is a steaming pile of shit.
    dnc said:

Yes, I fondly remember the Democrats having congress and the White House and immediately moving to strike down the Patriot Act the GOP forced down their throats.

hth
    Fucking this.

*full-disclosure, I was naively in favor of the passage of the PA when it went through Congress post 9/11
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    pawz said:

“As the DOJ emphasized to Chairman Nunes, the decision to employ an obscure and never before used House rule to release classified information without DOJ and FBI vetting was ‘extraordinarily reckless.’ The selective release and politicization of classified information sets a terrible precedent and will do long-term damage to the Intelligence Community and our law enforcement agencies. If potential intelligence sources know that their identities might be compromised when political winds arise, those sources of vital information will simply dry up, at great cost to our national security.

My buddy, both a former navy pilot and right-leaning libertarian, was pretty bent out of shape about this untimely release.

I wish it wasn't the case, but it casts a significant pall over credibility of the memo. No matter how true (I think) it is in principle.

It also isn't stretch think the DOJ/FBI castigation of the memo is incentivized by the need to cover their own asses.

Disagree. The memo is more credible WITHOUT DOJ/FBI "vetting." What exactly do they need to 'vet.' They have shown they can't be trusted, it wasn't acceptable to give them a chance to doctor the memo.

Agree. Jeff Session is a piece of shit. Declaring war on stoners is FS.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pawz said:

dnc said:

hth
    Fucking this.

*full-disclosure, I was naively in favor of the passage of the PA when it went through Congress post 9/11
    #MeToo

It wasn't until about 06 or 07 when I discovered Ron Paul that I began to really understand the value of privacy and personal liberty.

Shoutout to @ReggieIsHereToBeatMySexMoney for that protip.

pawz said:

Disagree. The memo is more credible WITHOUT DOJ/FBI "vetting." What exactly do they need to 'vet.' They have shown they can't be trusted, it wasn't acceptable to give them a chance to doctor the memo.

Fair poont, however for my buddy it is more about order of operation and chain of command.

He very much thinks HRC should be sitting in a federal gulag, for decades, for how she handled classified material.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Without Donald Trump winning the election, all of this corruption, the weaponizing America’s law enforcement toward a political candidate, would have been swept under the rug.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Fair poont, however for my buddy it is more about order of operation and chain of command.

He very much thinks HRC should be sitting in a federal gulag, for decades, for how she handled classified material.
    The problem with your buddy's logic is it assumes the top of the chain is moral and upstanding and absolutely without question truthful.

And, frankly, with Comey at the top, I can't say that with absolute certainty. If it was Mad Dog Mattis' integrity being questioned, your buddy might have a case. Comey, not so much.

Therefore, there are are checks and balances established within the system - including executive oversight and congressional review.

Whether you are right or left is irrelevant in a system that was established agnostic of both.

pawz said:

pawz said:

The problem with your buddy's logic is it assumes the top of the chain is moral and upstanding and absolutely without question truthful.

And, frankly, with Comey at the top, I can't say that with absolute certainty. If it was Mad Dog Mattis' integrity being questioned, your buddy might have a case. Comey, not so much.

Therefore, there are are checks and balances established within the system - including executive oversight and congressional review.

Whether you are right or left is irrelevant in a system that was established agnostic of both

But that is the point. Agnostically speaking, HRC should be rotting in jail.

pawz said:

You're putting a lot of faith in Nunes and the repubs on the house intelligence committee. Also Trump appointed the new head of FBI so what makes you think he's part of the deep state?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Whether you are right or left is irrelevant in a system that was established agnostic of both

But that is the point. Agnostically speaking, HRC should be rotting in jail.
    Well, see also the comment above about the chain of command having integrity.

When the heads are corrupt at all levels, you're pretty much fucked.

And I"m looking at Pelosi, HRC/Obama and Loretta Lynch specifically.

Fucking bitches.