Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

According to many on the left, even the NYT is racist now

1235»

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Beware of the next generation led by doublespeak aristocratic faggots like Joe Kennedy. "Build a wall and my generation will tear it down" is their mantra. They have been coddled by safe spaces and don't value free speech. They fully intend to follow the Merkel/Soros blueprint of flooding the country with foreigners to maintain their power. They will try to maintain their power at all costs.

If that party doesn't moderate itself and continues down the extremist path they are following, the good citizens of the USA will eventually will have no choice but to rise up and blood may need to be spilt if they want to keep their country and their freedom. This is still a way's down the road, and there's still a chance for moderation in order to avoid a future civil war, but I don't see it happening on the current trajectory these so called 'leaders' are on.

" The people — the people — are the rightful masters of both Congresses, and courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it —" Abraham Lincoln

While I get the flow of your point, you forget that this nation has seen darker times than what you portend will occur, which is itself a little exaggerated in its dystopian tone.

The civil war. The Great Depression. Jim Crow. Joe McCarthy. Vietnam. Disco. Jimmy Carter and double-digit interest rates. the 1986 and 2002 Fiesta Bowls, the 2008 Great Recession .... the list goes on, and yet here we are, still.

Do you know why? I do. It's the one great unifying principle that continues to push and bind us together to overcome such horrible shit: self-interest. We are all better off getting through shit than letting it blow us up for selfish, not altruistic, reasons. That's it.

Said another way, as long as we pay fealty to our economic Lord, the invisible hand, Capitalism, we will be just fine. Don't be afraid unless they start funking with the big C. Then be afraid. Because standard of living is all that really separates us from the animals populating 87% of the rest of the globe. Desperate people - all of them - do desperate things.
    Where did this creepycuog come from?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    doogie said:

Beware of the next generation led by doublespeak aristocratic faggots like Joe Kennedy. "Build a wall and my generation will tear it down" is their mantra. They have been coddled by safe spaces and don't value free speech. They fully intend to follow the Merkel/Soros blueprint of flooding the country with foreigners to maintain their power. They will try to maintain their power at all costs.

If that party doesn't moderate itself and continues down the extremist path they are following, the good citizens of the USA will eventually will have no choice but to rise up and blood may need to be spilt if they want to keep their country and their freedom. This is still a way's down the road, and there's still a chance for moderation in order to avoid a future civil war, but I don't see it happening on the current trajectory these so called 'leaders' are on.

" The people — the people — are the rightful masters of both Congresses, and courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it —" Abraham Lincoln

While I get the flow of your point, you forget that this nation has seen darker times than what you portend will occur, which is itself a little exaggerated in its dystopian tone.

The civil war. The Great Depression. Jim Crow. Joe McCarthy. Vietnam. Disco. Jimmy Carter and double-digit interest rates. the 1986 and 2002 Fiesta Bowls, the 2008 Great Recession .... the list goes on, and yet here we are, still.

Do you know why? I do. It's the one great unifying principle that continues to push and bind us together to overcome such horrible shit: self-interest. We are all better off getting through shit than letting it blow us up for selfish, not altruistic, reasons. That's it.

Said another way, as long as we pay fealty to our economic Lord, the invisible hand, Capitalism, we will be just fine. Don't be afraid unless they start funking with the big C. Then be afraid. Because standard of living is all that really separates us from the animals populating 87% of the rest of the globe. Desperate people - all of them - do desperate things.
    Where did this creepycuog come from?
    Here. The whole time.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You should let this creepy Cuog come out and play more often
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    doogie said:

You should let this creepy Cuog come out and play more often

He's the same guy. I've been consistent in my bias toward free markets, with a few thoughtful and very limited exceptions.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,885 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2018

Again with the hungry worker argument. But he's so HUNGRY it would be wrong not to let him in and take 3 jobs from US citizens, or from immigrants already living here. If he wants to work his ass off, he can do it in his own country and make that country better. If his own country doesn't let him, I'm sure he can find an open border alternative to the US. Germany maybe?

Yes, again. It is a free market. If he can take it, then they're overpaid or don't want it to begin with.

There should be no economic safety in the accident of where youtr dad humped your mom and where she was 9 mos. later. I'm with Gates on that point. If he's better at, or will do it as well and cheaper, then the job is his.

No good Republican would ever disagree with that. The labor people got in bed with the religious fundies and overtook my party. The party of Reagan.
    I laffed, but this line of reasoning is just silly. There is absolutely no moral or ethical imperative for any nation to confer the benefit of its citizenship - inc. standard of living - to an unlimited number of humans around the globe. Yes, we all hit the geographical jackpot by being born in the US n' A and I recognize this. The fact that the United States has done more to raising living standards around the globe from the period 1945 to the present than any nation in history makes me feel less guilty about it.
    You.........NAZI?

Fuck! That's a hard fact to condemn.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,885 Standard Supporter

dflea said:

Trump isn't Genghis Khan or some other badass leader. He shits on a golden toilet and wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills. He's a billionaire pussy that got where he is BECAUSE of the fucking system. He's not going to buck the system - he's just playing fuckheads like obk who are stupid enough to buy into his bullshit.

Rich people don't change the system. Poor people do. Rich people ARE they system. Nobody here is rich. I can tell because you're here.

Disagree.

The guy who wore that uniform actually lost and ended up dying in exile.
    Oh, fuck your facts! Why'd you have to go and ruin a brilliant image?