Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

According to many on the left, even the NYT is racist now

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,971 Founders Club
Apparently many on the left are up in arms with the NY Times and starting an #unsubscribe movement, for allowing one of their token center-right, Never Trumpers, Ross Douthat to publish the following op-ed. I swear to god these whackos are drive my cuck ass into the arms of the Troomps.

Because #fakeconservative @oregonblitzkrieg has used up his monthly allotment of 10 free articles from the New York Times, I decided to cut and past in TL, DR format. You're welcome!

"After 12 years of failed attempts at immigration reform, the current round of negotiations are turning on a strangely personalized question: When a deal is being made, should Stephen Miller be at the table?

Miller is the White House’s point man for immigration policy (and for strange and strident encounters with the press). He is also an immigration restrictionist: He wants a policy that favors skills-based recruitment over extended families, and he wants a lower immigration rate overall. He says he’s concerned about assimilation and crime and native wages; his critics say he just wants to keep America as white as possible, and that by even bringing him to meetings Trump is making a deal impossible to reach.

The critics are right about this much: Having someone like Miller involved is a change from the way prior immigration negotiations have proceeded. As Jim Antle points out in a column for The Week, those negotiations have been consistently bipartisan, bringing together John McCain and Ted Kennedy, Marco Rubio and Chuck Schumer, now Lindsey Graham and Dick Durbin — but “they have mostly taken place between people who are fundamentally in agreement on immigration,” who favor both amnesty for illegal immigrants and reforms that would probably increase immigration rates.

The problem with this approach is that it doesn’t represent the actual divisions in the country. Americans have become more pro-immigration since the 1990s, but there is still a consistent pattern when you ask about immigration rates: About a third of Americans favor the current trend, slightly fewer want higher rates, and about a third, like Miller, want immigration reduced.

And there are various reasonable grounds on which one might favor a reduction. The foreign-born share of the U.S. population is near a record high, and increased diversity and the distrust it sows have clearly put stresses on our politics. There are questions about how fast the recent wave of low-skilled immigrants is assimilating, evidence that constant new immigration makes it harder for earlier arrivals to advance, and reasons to think that a native working class gripped by social crisis might benefit from a little less wage competition for a while. California, the model for a high-immigration future, is prosperous and dynamic — but also increasingly stratified by race, with the same inequality-measuring Gini coefficient as Honduras. Hi @CirrhosisDawg

With that said, JAKE BROWNING SUCKS illegal immigration has slowed over the last decade, and immigration’s potential economic and humanitarian benefits are still considerable. And it’s also clear that many immigration restrictionists are influenced by simple bigotry — with the president’s recent excrement-related remarks a noteworthy illustration.

This bigotry, from the point of view of many immigration advocates, justifies excluding real restrictionists from the negotiating table. You can give them a little more money for border security, some promises about reducing illegal entry. But you can’t let them play a large role in shaping policy. The limits of this strategy, though, are evident in the repeated failure of “comprehensive” immigration reform over the last decade and more, doomed each time by the gulf between the plans of Republican negotiators and the actual preferences of their voters.

The present view of many liberals seems to be that restrictionists can eventually be steamrolled — that the same ethnic transformations that have made white anxiety acute will eventually bury white-identity politics with sheer multiethnic numbers.

But liberals have been waiting 12 years for that “eventually” to arrive, and instead Trump is president and the illegal immigrants they want to protect are still in limbo. So maybe it would be worth trying to actually negotiate with Stephen Miller, rather than telling Trump that he needs to lock his adviser in a filing cabinet, slap on a “beware of leopard” sign, and hustle out to the Rose Garden to sign whatever Durbin and Graham have hashed out.

Especially since last week, Trump and Miller actually made an interesting offer: an amnesty and even a path to citizenship for DACA recipients and other Dreamers, more generous than what many restrictionists favor and with no promise of the new E-Verify enforcements conservatives often seek, in return for a shift (over many years) to a skills-based policy and a somewhat lower immigration rate.

If you’re committed to the view that restrictionists can and must be steamrolled, you’ll respond to this offer the way many Democrats have — call it a “white supremacist ransom note,” punt on policy, and use the issue to rally your base in 2018.

But if you think that lasting deals are forged when all sides are represented, you might consider making a counteroffer: for instance, the same rough blueprint but with more green cards for skilled immigrants, so that Miller gets his cuts to low-skilled immigration but the overall rate stays closer to the status quo.

I don’t know if there’s a deal to be had along those lines; restrictionists might rebel and Democrats might simply not want a grand bargain with this president."

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,131 Standard Supporter

I still can't figure out what benefits mass illegal low skilled and non educated people are bringing.

Also didn't realize the Dems push back on everify.
    Not that it matters since every illegal has a fake social.

Since the democrats are the party of racism what they bring is simple, democratic votes! As the recently leaked DNC memo touts dreamers as the democrats key to winning future elections. Dem's have purchased votes since '64 and this is nothing new except that they wish to import those votes. Dem's in Kali are registering illegals to vote. That they want to bring i the poor is the key piece of information. They arrive poor and immediately go on government assistance and the dems always promise more free money and benefits and adds them to the democratic machines indentured voting block who's subsistence relies on those benefits. Why else would we have 7 generations of the same families on welfare etc. HTH
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,885 Standard Supporter
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2018

I still can't figure out what benefits mass illegal low skilled and non educated people are bringing.

The benefit is their vote. HTH
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited January 2018
    salemcoog said:

I don't see how it WOULD benefit our Country to give folks the boot who have been working, paying taxes and not breaking the law. If they stole someone's job when they got here, it's their's now and many of those employees wouldn't be replaced quickly. Meanwhile farmers, restaurants and hotels and creeps lawn are working shorthanded.

Trump actually has the balls to get something like this done. Give an amnesty plan to not just the DACA's but also the folks who have been here 10 or more years and fit the above stated criteria. But on the back end of this, there would be no more sanctuary cities and local and state law enforcement would need to cooperate and collaborate with ICE, Feds and Border Patrol to make illegals that don't fit the criteria to GTFO. I don't really care about the wall as that's just a rallying point for low info voter.

If he were to step up and do that, it would absolutely neuter the Democratic party for years.

Illegals are breaking the law by definition. Kreist, if even the resident, allegedly conservative coog is pushing amnesty, this country is fucked. It would be door ass out for every illegal if it were up to me, but it's not, so we're forced to negotiate with the likes of shitstains like Pelosi who think it's racist to even think about reducing immigration, in order to gain long term concessions to reduce all future immigration to a trickle. The far left will have to moderate themselves because the danger they want to expose the country to from mass immigration open borders won't be tolerated by most of America.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited January 2018

salemcoog said:

I don't see how it WOULD benefit our Country to give folks the boot who have been working, paying taxes and not breaking the law. If they stole someone's job when they got here, it's their's now and many of those employees wouldn't be replaced quickly. Meanwhile farmers, restaurants and hotels and creeps lawn are working shorthanded.

Trump actually has the balls to get something like this done. Give an amnesty plan to not just the DACA's but also the folks who have been here 10 or more years and fit the above stated criteria. But on the back end of this, there would be no more sanctuary cities and local and state law enforcement would need to cooperate and collaborate with ICE, Feds and Border Patrol to make illegals that don't fit the criteria to GTFO. I don't really care about the wall as that's just a rallying point for low info voter.

If he were to step up and do that, it would absolutely neuter the Democratic party for years.

Illegals are breaking the law by definition. Kreist, if even the resident, allegedly conservative coog is pushing amnesty, this country is fucked. It would be door ass out for every illegal if it were up to me, but it's not, so we're forced to negotiate with the likes of shitstains like Pelosi who think it's racist to even think about reducing immigration, in order to gain long term concessions to reduce all future immigration to a trickle. The far left will have to moderate themselves because the danger they want to expose the country to from mass immigration open borders won't be tolerated by most of America.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    salemcoog said:

That's a logical plan that would get 80% support.

Which means we can't have it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

salemcoog said:

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    salemcoog said:

Salem broh, meat OBK. OBK, meat Salem, my main CUOG!!!!!!!!

Salem thinks you're a low info voter and doesn't think the wall is a real thing.

Just wanted to make sure you two met.
    edited January 2018

salemcoog said:

Of course it sounds like a logical plan to you. Gives you everything you want: total amnesty, no wall, but with the inconvenience that states and cities agree to comply with federal immigration law they should have been complying with in the first place. It's a shitty plan worthy of Lindsay Graham, that wouldn't wouldn't neuter the democratic party at all. It would neuter Trump's base and ensure he doesn't get re-elected.

Most are too PC to say it, but I'm not. Trump's base is fed up with immigration and wants the immigration rate to be ZERO. Only the best and brightest 5 star recruits should be admitted. There will be a wall to keep out unwanted vermin. Nothing short of the total destruction of the visa lottery program will be acceptable. No more religious fascists from shithole countries. No more chain migration.

In exchange for everything just listed, the dreamers that particular group of illegal aliens can stay.

Pretty simple.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    edited January 2018
    Sledog said:

Since the democrats are the party of racism what they bring is simple, democratic votes! As the recently leaked DNC memo touts dreamers as the democrats key to winning future elections. Dem's have purchased votes since '64 and this is nothing new except that they wish to import those votes. Dem's in Kali are registering illegals to vote. That they want to bring i the poor is the key piece of information. They arrive poor and immediately go on government assistance and the dems always promise more free money and benefits and adds them to the democratic machines indentured voting block who's subsistence relies on those benefits. Why else would we have 7 generations of the same families on welfare etc. HTH
    On some weird level, I've learned to like you a little bit, and I've accepted your xenophobia and thinly-veiled racism in the way I accept a lot of things in life.

But you calling the Democratic party the party of racists, in the spirit in which that term is normally used (as opposed to the twisted version of it that focuses on the focus on race as itself racist) is basically POTD, and not in a good way.

The paper hanging and the rhetoric have reached an all-time level now. Everyone wants votes. Of course the Ds use poor people for votes, just like right likes to re-draw voting districts for cartography fun and games. That means nothing to me either way.

But this drum beat of yours that the newly invented Republican party, which has absofuckinglutely sold its soul to (1) the religious fundies, (2) the poor white trash redneck belt, (3) the tin-foil hat crowd, is somehow keepin' in real for the Amurican Peeps is just too much fucking fun for one day.

The only thing left for me to determine is whether you & the other Breitbarts are (a) that fucking stupid and easily manipulated or (2) just absolutely fucking with me and the rest of the bored. I have my theory about OBK, and maybe Turd. You and and some of the other bananas are an open question.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

The benefit is their vote. HTH
    Crystal clear to everyone with a functioning brain. Why do they continue to lie about it?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Sledog said:

On some weird level, I've learned to like you a little bit, and I've accepted your xenophobia and thinly-veiled racism in the way I accept a lot of things in life.

But you calling the Democratic party the party of racists, in the spirit in which that term is normally used (as opposed to the twisted version of it that focuses on the focus on race as itself racist) is basically POTD, and not in a good way.

The paper hanging and the rhetoric have reached an all-time level now. Everyone wants votes. Of course the Ds use poor people for votes, just like right likes to re-draw voting districts for cartography fun and games. That means nothing to me either way.

But this drum beat of yours that the newly invented Republican party, which has absofuckinglutely sold its soul to (1) the religious fundies, (2) the poor white trash redneck belt, (3) the tin-foil hat crowd, is somehow keepin' in real for the Amurican Peeps is just too much fucking fun for one day.

The only thing left for me to determine is whether you & the other Breitbarts are (a) that fucking stupid and easily manipulated or (2) just absolutely fucking with me and the rest of the bored. I have my theory about OBK, and maybe Turd. You and and some of the other bananas are an open question.
    Does your wife know why your Billings are down?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Salem broh, meat OBK. OBK, meat Salem, my main CUOG!!!!!!!!

Salem thinks you're a low info voter and doesn't think the wall is a real thing.

Just wanted to make sure you two met.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
    @salemcoog is on the right track. The plan has to piss off the deport them all crowd and the open borders crowd.

People that are here doing the right thing should stay. Deadbeats and losers LEAVE. Border security now and forever including a tracking system for the visa over stay crowd that fly in.

Trump already offered to take the heat from the OBK crowd and Durbin panicked that it could happen
    edited January 2018
    I'm not in the zero negotiation crowd. The negotiating chips are the DACAs. I'm ok letting all of the DACAs stay in exchange for ALL of the reasonable border security/immigration demands that most Americans expect. Giving blanket amensty to the illegals already here who behave only inspires other motivated future illegals to attempt coming here. The government's job is NOT TO PROTECT ILLEGALS AND MAKE THEIR AGENDA A PRIORITY, IT IS TO PROTECT THE LIVES AND ECONOMIC SECURITY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS.

"My" crowd will stand their ground, because we're right. We see what went down in Germany and in Europe. We see how they're handling it over there, and won't permit that shit here.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

I'm not in the zero negotiation crowd. The negotiating chips are the DACAs. I'm ok letting all of the DACAs stay in exchange for ALL of the reasonable border security/immigration demands that most Americans expect. Giving blanket amensty to the illegals already here who behave only inspires other motivated future illegals to attempt coming here. The government's job is NOT TO PROTECT ILLEGALS AND MAKE THEIR AGENDA A PRIORITY, IT IS TO PROTECT THE LIVES AND ECONOMIC SECURITY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS.

"My" crowd will stand their ground, because we're right. We see what went down in Germany and in Europe. We see how they're handling it over there, and won't permit that shit here.

The non DACA "good" illegals are the crux of the matter. The open borders crowd has some leverage there because mass deportations don't play well on the news. You're right that a hefty majority are against a blanket amnesty. The trick is finding the middle there
    edited January 2018

The non DACA "good" illegals are the crux of the matter. The open borders crowd has some leverage there because mass deportations don't play well on the news. You're right that a hefty majority are against a blanket amnesty. The trick is finding the middle there
    The only way I would budge from my hardline position on the "good illegals" which number at least 11 million, is to somehow enshrine permanent immigration restrictions in the constitution as an amendment that requires nearly impossible bipartisan support to overturn. This in order to pre-empt the ability of future generations of retards that were raised by the current generation of retards, from destroying the USA and changing it beyond all recognition, like what is happening in Europe.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

salemcoog said:

Sanctuary cities take that title as a brand of honor, no way will they give that up.