Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The character of oregon's team, or lack thereof.

Comments

• Passion's act is getting old.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

Passion said:

After thinking about the images from last night's game, my opinion or oregon is pretty firm.

1) They're so arrogant that they won't take 3 points in the red zone. They just assume they're going to convert on 4th down so they go for it. I've criticized Sark for this cavalier and un-James like approach to football, and oregon deserves the same criticism. When you're playing a great defense like stanford, you don't take scoring position for granted, especially considering that stanford doesn't have a high-powered offense. 3 points matters, dipshits.

2) huff crying tells me that they're soft. I've seen a lot of teams lose this year and over the past several years. Sure, huff's emotion shows that he cares. Fine. But there's an old boxer's adage that the character of a fighter is not shown when he is kicking the shit out of somebody else (as oregon often does). Rather, it's when somebody is kicking the shit out of him. huff is a big grandstander and likes to showboat after touchdowns. So how does he compose himself when he is on the other end of the beating? He sits on the bench with his head in his hands, and then he cries.

3) deanthony thomas laughing on the sidelines tells me they're devoid of character and unity. Even the ESPN crew talked about this. While huff is sobbing, dat is acting like he's hanging out with friends at a high school dance. Not a care in the world. Pretty shitty.

They're arrogant, soft, and devoid of character and unity. Sure they're all full of shits and giggles when they're beating people, but this is their behavior when things don't go their way.

Whatever, it's oregon. I'm not surprised.

Your analysis is pedestrian, but that's to be expected, because it's you. Is it really because they're so 'arrogant' or is it because it's just a strategy of their game? You also forgot that Oregon has a shitty field goal kicker. There is little doubt this plays into it.

Huff crying only tells me he's passionate about the game and doesn't like to lose. You're probably one of those assholes that tells your kids (if you've got any) that it's not ok to cry or to 'be soft,' and by doing so perpetuate the fallacy that it's not ok to cry or show any emotion if you're a man. Your male children will end up emotionally stunted and unable to deal with the shit life throws at them.

I agree that Thomas is arrogant and he should shut his fucking hole before the game. Don't talk big if you show up playing like a pansy.

Huff is at least 20 I'm guessing. He's no child.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,097 Founders Club
    Oregon is a bully. Everyone knows you punch a bully in the mouth.

KobeStopper??! True!!?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2013
    Mosster47 said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

After thinking about the images from last night's game, my opinion or oregon is pretty firm.

1) They're so arrogant that they won't take 3 points in the red zone. They just assume they're going to convert on 4th down so they go for it. I've criticized Sark for this cavalier and un-James like approach to football, and oregon deserves the same criticism. When you're playing a great defense like stanford, you don't take scoring position for granted, especially considering that stanford doesn't have a high-powered offense. 3 points matters, dipshits.

2) huff crying tells me that they're soft. I've seen a lot of teams lose this year and over the past several years. Sure, huff's emotion shows that he cares. Fine. But there's an old boxer's adage that the character of a fighter is not shown when he is kicking the shit out of somebody else (as oregon often does). Rather, it's when somebody is kicking the shit out of him. huff is a big grandstander and likes to showboat after touchdowns. So how does he compose himself when he is on the other end of the beating? He sits on the bench with his head in his hands, and then he cries.

3) deanthony thomas laughing on the sidelines tells me they're devoid of character and unity. Even the ESPN crew talked about this. While huff is sobbing, dat is acting like he's hanging out with friends at a high school dance. Not a care in the world. Pretty shitty.

They're arrogant, soft, and devoid of character and unity. Sure they're all full of shits and giggles when they're beating people, but this is their behavior when things don't go their way.

Whatever, it's oregon. I'm not surprised.

Your analysis is pedestrian, but that's to be expected, because it's you. Is it really because they're so 'arrogant' or is it because it's just a strategy of their game? You also forgot that Oregon has a shitty field goal kicker. There is little doubt this plays into it.

Huff crying only tells me he's passionate about the game and doesn't like to lose. You're probably one of those assholes that tells your kids (if you've got any) that it's not ok to cry or to 'be soft,' and by doing so perpetuate the fallacy that it's not ok to cry or show any emotion if you're a man. Your male children will end up emotionally stunted and unable to deal with the shit life throws at them.

I agree that Thomas is arrogant and he should shut his fucking hole before the game. Don't talk big if you show up playing like a pansy.

My "male children" will be "emotionally stunted?" You sound like kim grinolds when somebody criticizes Sark. Go ahead and attack the person expressing the opinion, kimmy boy. Even the ESPN d-bags saw the same things I did. Will their children me "unable to deal with the shit life throws at them?"

Whatever. I'm right, and you know it. Your program has always lacked class. oregon has a ton of talent. Nobody can deny that. But it's built on glitz, cockiness, and smoke-and-mirrors. On top of it, your fans are complete trash (as a former oregon player basically said).

When stanford lost to Utah this year, they didn't act like your guys did last night. I'm no stanford fan, but it's the truth.

Oregon has beaten the fuck out of Washington ten years in a row. I don't mean close, hard fought games, they are physical fucking beat downs.

Stanford beat some kids with pride. Next year Sark and his Fucktard coaching staff will come to Autzen and get their asses pushed in for the eleventh time in a row.

Your players lack confidence, they don't work hard, and when they get down they give up. Worry about that while Oregon hits their fifth consecutive BCS game. Slingblade is no Chip, but he can't be much worse than Sark, brah.
    Do you really think that your criticisms of sark are going to impact me, or that I'm going to deny that our past decade against oregon has been an embarrassment?

No sane Husky fan can say otherwise (except doogman.com). You're right, but your program and fans are still trash.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'm only half reading this thread, but is there a Duck here actually complaining about refs calls costing them last year's game?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

My take away from Thursday: where's the beef? Oregon got beat on the lines plain and simple. This better be a lesson for helfrich. Recruit bigger and stronger beef. If you have to pay for it fine. Just don't be a dumbass like chip and send a thank you note.

Aweome'd because the self awareness is strong with greenblood.

Take notice Dude Brah.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

My take away from Thursday: where's the beef? Oregon got beat on the lines plain and simple. This better be a lesson for helfrich. Recruit bigger and stronger beef. If you have to pay for it fine. Just don't be a dumbass like chip and send a thank you note.

That was my takeaway as well. Maybe not put such an emphasis on length for your DL, and get some brutes. Every third and fourth and short, you guys got completely blown off the ball, even though we all knew what was coming. I don't see them in your depth though, so it will take awhile to get them up to speed unless you get some JC studs. You ran into a more physical team that you didn't match up with.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2013

This should be a takeaway for the entire PAC 12 conference (Stanford not included). The "high octane" (I'm starting to hate that term) teams with small fast guys on both sides of the ball really is a joke to the rest of the country (by the rest of the country I'm really only referring to the SEC, because they've proven they're the only conference that actually matters because they win the big games when it counts). Oregon looks great at the beginning of the season when we slice through all the other "high octane" peewee teams, then all the fucking hype starts and we fall flat on our faces when we come up against SEC style programs. Loath Stanford but they've got it right, they're basically an SEC team in the PAC 12 conference and they're proving that most of the teams in this conference are going about it all in the wrong way. It's getting more and more difficult to believe in this broken system built on tricks. That kind of system will never beat an Alabama, an LSU or Stanford without perfect games and tricky shit that you can't always get away with on a consistent basis.
  • Passion should have been run along time ago.

He still Doogs it up like he's on Doogman.

Blitzkrieg NOGAF about the Ducks. Go bitch on eDuck bout your programs inability to get it done against big physical teams.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2013

Passion should have been run along time ago.

Blitzkrieg NOGAF about the Ducks. Go bitch on eDuck bout your programs inability to get it done against big physical teams.

Conference issue, not just a Duck issue. Didn't LSU rape you guys last year?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Big, strong, semi athletic tough guys > small, athletic, fast guys

Water is so fucking wet
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    My nephews = UO students...threatened to rip my balls off when I laughed at the Standford beat down. I asked if they would like to attempted that feat in San Antonio when OU attends the Alamo Bowl. They Cried like Huff.

"Running" people who don't express an opinion you agree with. Classic doogman if ever there was.

Go gargle some oregon balls.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    "Go gargle some oregon balls."
    Never heard that before ....LMFAO
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    Fuck off Passion. Doogin' it up and jizzing all over our keyboards after an Oregon loss is not what we do here. We don't obsess over "trashy" Oregon fans like some karaoke singing retard from Vashon Island. By now its clear that you're either too stupid or too cunty, or both, to get it. Your act has indeed grown tired.

It's time for you and your heat from the edge to make up and go back to gargling Kim's balls (lol!) at Doogman where you belong.
  • Passion said:

"Running" people who don't express an opinion you agree with. Classic doogman if ever there was.

Your response validates my point. It's the fact that you don't get it and constantly doog it up in here.

This thread is proof of your Doog DNA.

Keep pressing there fucktard.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Passion said:

Passion is spot on here. If people on this board speak of running him because he puts an opinion out there that (while much is true or many quietly agree with) gets ridiculed on this board, then we are no different than doogman.

I have no disagreement whatsoever about their fan base as a whole. I think they're trash and that sentiment started long before their program started with the pick in 1994. I wish we had a team now that could dominate week in and week out and plunger rape the entire Pac 12 (save for the Trees) at will. For that I am envious of the machine that has been built up in Eugene and, let's face it, they're fun to watch.

It's perfectly ok to express your disdain for Oregon and their fans while still acknowledging that 7 win Steve isn't the answer, that mediocrity permeates our AD, and that with a fan base that seems to represent doogman as a majority, there isn't a whole lot to look forward to. In fact, the death of common sense that rules over at doogman is why I frequently say I hate our fan base as much as oregon's.

Passion said:

Your response validates my point. It's the fact that you don't get it and constantly doog it up in here.

This thread is proof of your Doog DNA.

Keep pressing there fucktard.
    Only a pussy wants to "run" people from a site, rather argue the point.

Again, go let some oregon guys dangle the bags on your adams apple. That's what pussies do.