Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The character of oregon's team, or lack thereof.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
After thinking about the images from last night's game, my opinion or oregon is pretty firm.

1) They're so arrogant that they won't take 3 points in the red zone. They just assume they're going to convert on 4th down so they go for it. I've criticized Sark for this cavalier and un-James like approach to football, and oregon deserves the same criticism. When you're playing a great defense like stanford, you don't take scoring position for granted, especially considering that stanford doesn't have a high-powered offense. 3 points matters, dipshits.

2) huff crying tells me that they're soft. I've seen a lot of teams lose this year and over the past several years. Sure, huff's emotion shows that he cares. Fine. But there's an old boxer's adage that the character of a fighter is not shown when he is kicking the shit out of somebody else (as oregon often does). Rather, it's when somebody is kicking the shit out of him. huff is a big grandstander and likes to showboat after touchdowns. So how does he compose himself when he is on the other end of the beating? He sits on the bench with his head in his hands, and then he cries.

3) deanthony thomas laughing on the sidelines tells me they're devoid of character and unity. Even the ESPN crew talked about this. While huff is sobbing, dat is acting like he's hanging out with friends at a high school dance. Not a care in the world. Pretty shitty.

They're arrogant, soft, and devoid of character and unity. Sure they're all full of shits and giggles when they're beating people, but this is their behavior when things don't go their way.

Whatever, it's oregon. I'm not surprised.

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    When you go 12-1 the criticism is pretty weak.

I promise once the Larry Coker gimmes are over you'll have plenty to make fun on.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Passion said:

After thinking about the images from last night's game, my opinion or oregon is pretty firm.

1) They're so arrogant that they won't take 3 points in the red zone. They just assume they're going to convert on 4th down so they go for it. I've criticized Sark for this cavalier and un-James like approach to football, and oregon deserves the same criticism. When you're playing a great defense like stanford, you don't take scoring position for granted, especially considering that stanford doesn't have a high-powered offense. 3 points matters, dipshits.

2) huff crying tells me that they're soft. I've seen a lot of teams lose this year and over the past several years. Sure, huff's emotion shows that he cares. Fine. But there's an old boxer's adage that the character of a fighter is not shown when he is kicking the shit out of somebody else (as oregon often does). Rather, it's when somebody is kicking the shit out of him. huff is a big grandstander and likes to showboat after touchdowns. So how does he compose himself when he is on the other end of the beating? He sits on the bench with his head in his hands, and then he cries.

3) deanthony thomas laughing on the sidelines tells me they're devoid of character and unity. Even the ESPN crew talked about this. While huff is sobbing, dat is acting like he's hanging out with friends at a high school dance. Not a care in the world. Pretty shitty.

They're arrogant, soft, and devoid of character and unity. Sure they're all full of shits and giggles when they're beating people, but this is their behavior when things don't go their way.

Your analysis is pedestrian, but that's to be expected, because it's you. Is it really because they're so 'arrogant' or is it because it's just a strategy of their game? You also forgot that Oregon has a shitty field goal kicker. There is little doubt this plays into it.

Huff crying only tells me he's passionate about the game and doesn't like to lose. You're probably one of those assholes that tells your kids (if you've got any) that it's not ok to cry or to 'be soft,' and by doing so perpetuate the fallacy that it's not ok to cry or show any emotion if you're a man. Your male children will end up emotionally stunted and unable to deal with the shit life throws at them.

I agree that Thomas is arrogant and he should shut his fucking hole before the game. Don't talk big if you show up playing like a pansy.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't agree about going for it on 4th. They should have kicked a FG, but it's part of their mindset. We are going to be the aggressors, we are going to control the game, we play to win the game, we don't play to not lose the game. It's part of their whole philosophy.

DAT is electric, but the past two games have made me question how valuable he has actually been. Oregon got by just fine without him, and I couldn't help but think he was soft the past two games. Maybe he is still hurt, but my opinion of him has gone down.

I don't know how they are soft, devoid of character, etc. They lost a game to a pretty good Stanford team. They didn't play well. They have gone to four BCS bowl games in a row, and will probably go to another this year.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2013

Passion said:

Your analysis is pedestrian, but that's to be expected, because it's you. Is it really because they're so 'arrogant' or is it because it's just a strategy of their game? You also forgot that Oregon has a shitty field goal kicker. There is little doubt this plays into it.

Huff crying only tells me he's passionate about the game and doesn't like to lose. You're probably one of those assholes that tells your kids (if you've got any) that it's not ok to cry or to 'be soft,' and by doing so perpetuate the fallacy that it's not ok to cry or show any emotion if you're a man. Your male children will end up emotionally stunted and unable to deal with the shit life throws at them.

I agree that Thomas is arrogant and he should shut his fucking hole before the game. Don't talk big if you show up playing like a pansy.

My "male children" will be "emotionally stunted?" You sound like kim grinolds when somebody criticizes Sark. Go ahead and attack the person expressing the opinion, kimmy boy. Even the ESPN d-bags saw the same things I did. Will their children me "unable to deal with the shit life throws at them?"

Whatever. I'm right, and you know it. Your program has always lacked class. oregon has a ton of talent. Nobody can deny that. But it's built on glitz, cockiness, and smoke-and-mirrors. On top of it, your fans are complete trash (as a former oregon player basically said).

When stanford lost to Utah this year, they didn't act like your guys did last night. I'm no stanford fan, but it's the truth.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Mosster47 said:

When you go 12-1 the criticism is pretty weak.

I promise once the Larry Coker gimmes are over you'll have plenty to make fun on.

I thought Shaw was Larry Coker. After all, it was Harbaugh who beat down Oregon 2 years in a row. I think Harbaugh is still recruiting for them as well
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Passion said:

agree. It was nice seeing a plain football team running ordinary plays with a regular uniform and beating up on Uncle Phil's money flash. Call me a doog. I hate oregon.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Passion said:

My "male children" will be "emotionally stunted?" You sound like kim grinolds when somebody criticizes Sark. Go ahead and attack the person expressing the opinion, kimmy boy. Even the ESPN d-bags saw the same things I did. Will their children me "unable to deal with the shit life throws at them?"

Whatever. I'm right, and you know it. Your program has always lacked class. oregon has a ton of talent. Nobody can deny that. But it's built on glitz, cockiness, and smoke-and-mirrors. On top of it, your fans are complete trash (as a former oregon player basically said).

When stanford lost to Utah this year, they didn't act like your guys did last night. I'm no stanford fan, but it's the truth.
    Absolutely true. Stanford made no excuses. But oregon? Last year, it was "oregon just didn't play their game". This year we're hearing, it was the refs, more what ifs, and more quack quack quack from dooks. Simple fact is Stanford physically pounded oregon last year and physically destroyed them this year. They deserve credit and recognition for being the better team.

Passion said:

Passion said:

This year we're hearing, it was the refs, more what ifs, and more quack quack quack from dooks.
    This kind of gay ass shit is why we have a problem with Pac 12 refs: imageOne year it's a fluke. 2 years its become a problem. It's understandable that you Arizona St. fuckbags don't have a problem with it because you were the beneficiary of their blatant fucking idiocy during the Wisconsin game, getting a win you didn't deserve.

Passion said:

Passion said:

This year we're hearing, it was the refs, more what ifs, and more quack quack quack from dooks.
    This kind of gay ass shit is why we have a problem with Pac 12 refs: imageOne year it's a fluke. 2 years its become a problem. It's understandable that you Arizona St. fuckbags don't have a problem with it because you were the beneficiary of their blatant fucking idiocy during the Wisconsin game, getting a win you didn't deserve.

Stanford physically handled Kelly's ducks last year in Autzen. This year was an outright physical ass kicking by the Tree at Stanford. Making excuses at this point is silly, but as they say, dooks gonna dook.

Passion said:

Passion said:

Stanford physically handled Kelly's ducks last year in Autzen.
    Fact remains, the no touchdown call on the field by Ertz was overturned without indisputable evidence. So no, they didn't fucking manhandle the ducks any more than the ducks manhandled them. It came down to shitty play by both teams and the fuckhead refs inserting their will into that game. An all around disgusting thing to watch. But a doog like you wouldn't understand, as long as Oregon loses, doesn't fucking matter.

Passion said:

Passion said:

Stanford physically handled Kelly's ducks last year in Autzen.
    Fact remains, the no touchdown call on the field by Ertz was overturned without indisputable evidence. So no, they didn't fucking manhandle the ducks any more than the ducks manhandled them. It came down to shitty play by both teams and the fuckhead refs inserting their will into that game. An all around disgusting thing to watch. But a doog like you wouldn't understand, as long as Oregon loses, doesn't fucking matter.
    You are really quooking with the Ertz shit. That play was on first down.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Blitzkrieg - did you not see my post last night?

Backside intel off twitter - fowl play in Tallahassee. Some mention of two well connected businessmen with ties to Pac-12 refs. I kid you not
  • Fuck we have a Quook vs Doog battle going on in here.

Like I said Quooks and Doogs are way more similar than either side wants to admit.
    They played better. This year they were the better team. Last year, no they weren't. That was anyone's game. I still think the refs were a bunch of phags that honestly did fuck us with the Ertz overturned call. Stanford hate will reach a new level next year. Ducks played like fucks, don't belong in the championship.

edited November 2013

Blitzkrieg - did you not see my post last night?

Backside intel off twitter - fowl play in Tallahassee. Some mention of two well connected businessmen with ties to Pac-12 refs. I kid you not

@PhilKnight confirmed this today. @PhilBleenor predicted it last week.