Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

California to the rescue

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
State democrats want the crumbs from your table that the tax cut gave you. Always looking out for the little guy.

foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/22/california-democrats-want-some-businesses-to-fork-over-half-tax-cut-savings-to-state.html

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Those crumbs add up and if you get enough of them you can build a high-speed choo choo train to nowhere
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    They should be taxed for every piece of toilet paper they use, and made to account for each seperate piece. Tax them every time they drink a glass of water. Tax them every time they eat a sandwich. Tax them for every breath they take.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

They should be taxed for every piece of toilet paper they use, and made to account for each seperate piece. Tax them every time they drink a glass of water. Tax them every time they eat a sandwich. Tax them for every breath they take.

When I retired from the Navy I was living in Maryland and became a resident. I owned a small townhouse at the time. I got a letter in the mail telling me that the local county government had just determined the square footage of my roof for a new rain tax that had been passed. I thought it was a joke. Turns out it wasn't. They wanted about 200 bucks a year for the only rainwater runoff tax in the United States. Maryland, being a land of leftists, already had some of the most absurd taxes ever, but taxing rain took the cake. I moved to Virginia 6 months later. No tax on rain here. Will these idiots never learn? People leave when you tax the absolute shit out of them for useless feel good crap.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2014/01/03/when-it-rains-it-pours-tax-dollars-in-maryland/#6d745cac7c69
    Parts of Maryland are nice. Quaint countryside, some pretty cool waterways, and Annapolis is high water mark, very cool place, but it also has Baltimore, a total shithole outside of the inner harbor, and the state is a complete tax shithole.

California is coupling absurd taxes with sanctuary state status virtually guaranteeing an increase in the influx of illegals to go along with the outflow of businesses. That won't end badly now will it? Complete shithole in the making.
    California is stuck with Hollywood too. A total cesspool of shit. California is going to become America's sewer.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Swaye said:

When I retired from the Navy I was living in Maryland and became a resident. I owned a small townhouse at the time. I got a letter in the mail telling me that the local county government had just determined the square footage of my roof for a new rain tax that had been passed. I thought it was a joke. Turns out it wasn't. They wanted about 200 bucks a year for the only rainwater runoff tax in the United States. Maryland, being a land of leftists, already had some of the most absurd taxes ever, but taxing rain took the cake. I moved to Virginia 6 months later. No tax on rain here. Will these idiots never learn? People leave when you tax the absolute shit out of them for useless feel good crap.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2014/01/03/when-it-rains-it-pours-tax-dollars-in-maryland/#6d745cac7c69
    Tax on personal property. In addition to paying registration for your car, you get to pay taxes on its value.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Parts of Maryland are nice. Quaint countryside, some pretty cool waterways, and Annapolis is high water mark, very cool place, but it also has Baltimore, a total shithole outside of the inner harbor, and little italy and the state is a complete tax shithole.

California is coupling absurd taxes with sanctuary state status virtually guaranteeing an increase in the influx of illegals to go along with the outflow of businesses. That won't end badly now will it? Complete shithole in the making.
    fixed
    LebamDawg said:

Swaye said:

Parts of Maryland are nice. Quaint countryside, some pretty cool waterways, and Annapolis is high water mark, very cool place, but it also has Baltimore, a total shithole outside of the inner harbor, and little italy and the state is a complete tax shithole.

fixed
    agree
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Swaye said:

Parts of Maryland are nice. Quaint countryside, some pretty cool waterways, and Annapolis is high water mark, very cool place, but it also has Baltimore, a total shithole outside of the inner harbor, and the state is a complete tax shithole.

No doubt @Southerndawg is an expert about living in a shithole.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    LebamDawg said:

Swaye said:

Parts of Maryland are nice. Quaint countryside,slutty girls at Seacrets some pretty cool waterways, and Annapolis is high water mark, very cool place, but it also has Baltimore, a total shithole outside of the inner harbor, and the state is a complete tax shithole.

fixed
    Hth

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Swaye said:

It's crazy to me how much extra people will pay to just exist somewhere. Most people don't take advantage of the local scenery or events. They get up, go to work, come home, eat, and watch Netflix until they pass out. On Saturday they lay around all day and might go do a little something that night then spend Sunday getting ready for the week.

You really need to spend $500k on an 800sq ft condo to do that? Not to mention the tax ass fucking they get on top of it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    There's a reason it's cheap to live in Alabama

See if you can guess
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

See if you can guess

ISAFNRC
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

It's crazy to me how much extra people will pay to just exist somewhere. Most people don't take advantage of the local scenery or events. They get up, go to work, come home, eat, and watch Netflix until they pass out. On Saturday they lay around all day and might go do a little something that night then spend Sunday getting ready for the week.

You really need to spend $500k on an 800sq ft condo to do that? Not to mention the tax ass fucking they get on top of it.
    You sound like you have a really shitty, boring life.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    I will only exist in places with hot easy chicks
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

See if you can guess

ISAFNRC
    Judge others' lifestyle much?
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

500K on a shitty 800sq ft condo is chump change to someone who's crushing it in life. Hth.