Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

California to the rescue

13»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    There's only one thing from California that I give a fuck about:

Technically, I guess that's two things from California that I give a fuck about.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    BearsWiin said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

They should be taxed for every piece of toilet paper they use, and made to account for each seperate piece. Tax them every time they drink a glass of water. Tax them every time they eat a sandwich. Tax them for every breath they take.

When I retired from the Navy I was living in Maryland and became a resident. I owned a small townhouse at the time. I got a letter in the mail telling me that the local county government had just determined the square footage of my roof for a new rain tax that had been passed. I thought it was a joke. Turns out it wasn't. They wanted about 200 bucks a year for the only rainwater runoff tax in the United States. Maryland, being a land of leftists, already had some of the most absurd taxes ever, but taxing rain took the cake. I moved to Virginia 6 months later. No tax on rain here. Will these idiots never learn? People leave when you tax the absolute shit out of them for useless feel good crap.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2014/01/03/when-it-rains-it-pours-tax-dollars-in-maryland/#6d745cac7c69
    It's crazy to me how much extra people will pay to just exist somewhere. Most people don't take advantage of the local scenery or events. They get up, go to work, come home, eat, and watch Netflix until they pass out. On Saturday they lay around all day and might go do a little something that night then spend Sunday getting ready for the week.

You really need to spend $500k on an 800sq ft condo to do that? Not to mention the tax ass fucking they get on top of it.
    I don't need to go to the beach every day to get the benefits of living next to it. Never too hot, never too cold, laid-back ultra-bluestate surfer hippie culture with a bunch of tech mixed in, million-dollar price tags keep out the riffraff. I've lived elsewhere. Never again.
    You and Mosster share the same apartment. Hth.