Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck, Ikaika closes this kid out. Holy fuck, I would be open to him getting a shoot at dc job. He can’t be worse than jimmy

I know saying dumb shit in hope of cheap Chins is kinda your thing....

But Lake currently has UW as the 10th best scoring defense and 16th best total defense. And it’s his first season calling plays. And he has walk-ons rotating in the front 6 routinely because of constant injuries to Bowman, Wellington, and Beavers.

So yeah, Ikaika could be much worse than Jimmy.

Recruiting prowess is another story though.
    Bump for Jimmy Lake Tha God.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Unfortuntly he is also liking some Oregon, ASU, and TCU stuff. The twitter tea leaves show us probably as being the favorite right now but I think he is waiting to have all of his in homes before he makes a final decision.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I like that purple chrome helmet and black uni combo way more than I should
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Unfortuntly he is also liking some Oregon, ASU, and TCU stuff. The twitter tea leaves show us probably as being the favorite right now but I think he is waiting to have all of his in homes before he makes a financial decision.

fixed
  • Options

kh83 said:

The issue with that uniform is simple - keep purple chrome for a game a year. It's cool.

It just needs to be an old school version of our number font and jersey and just sub purple where white is and black for purple. It's honestly not that hard but our fucking morons can't do anything right at all.
    Dennis do you think he is a lock to UW?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2018
  • Options

kh83 said:

The issue with that uniform is simple - keep purple chrome for a game a year. It's cool.

It just needs to be an old school version of our number font and jersey and just sub purple where white is and black for purple. It's honestly not that hard but our fucking morons can't do anything right at all.
    basically.
    Fair enough. I feel like he might just be gassing up UW a bit before he commits to ASU to look like more of a hometown hero but I’m probably reading into things a bit much. It’s probably the more obvious answer that UW is the choice.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

From Stephon Wright ASU OV visit report:

"It was great," Wright said of his ASU visit. "I got to see more about the campus this time and learn more about the staff. My favorite part about the visit, I would say the presentation they did called Champions for Life. It was about how they prepare you for after football, setting you up so you have a 'Plan B' for what you do when football ends. Another part of the visit I really liked was just getting spending time with the coaches. They're all good people."

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

I still think this kid is all UW and keeping it close to the vest. He retweeted Calvert's commitment tweet btw.

Literally every single school has a program like this. It's modern D1 football. Even Rich Rod uses "OKG" do describe his recruits. Not be too much of a DOOG, but the difference is that Petersen actually takes the Built for Life stuff seriously after a kid commits.
    What's Oregon's? Champions of the porking lot? Built for pumping gas? We fill you up?
    fill the...

kh83 said:

I like the "purple out" home gayme in concept. Just remove black from the combo. Make the W chrome gold with white border. Return of block numbers is a must. On road wear the chrome gold lids once a season with the all whites. That way the kids get to have a couple fashion shows and we don't have to see black on the uni's. You want to wear something black, wear black cleats and socks. Done.
  • Options

kh83 said:

basically.
    Fair enough. I feel like he might just be gassing up UW a bit before he commits to ASU to look like more of a hometown hero but I’m probably reading into things a bit much. It’s probably the more obvious answer that UW is the choice.
    Is he from Arizona?
    Very good point. My bad.