Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stephon Wright, 2019 4* DE, Cathedral HS, Los Angeles, CA (offered)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Right now this is the best DL class in UDUB history. If we sign Stephon, it’s the best class in CFB history.

Bandes number 1 DT in Cali When have we done that? Tui is the best DT on the West Coast. When have we done that? And if we have done both of those I doubt they were in the same year.

The scary thing is, Stephon and Paama’s ceilings might be higher than both.

Last year

True. I kinda meant like we haven’t done it often or combined them. Emtman was the number 1 DT on the West Coast we’ve done it before but not often and not together.

It’d be like if we got Tuli AND Togiai last year. I would’ve liked that but it felt like we didn’t get on Tuli until after we knew Togiai was going to Ohio State.
    Emtman wasn't even the #1 DT in the state of Washington.

You must be new to recruiting memes.

You’re right I suck. Was there even recruiting rankings back then or did we just find a modern day Viking and say “he’ll figure it out”. If ektard, Biggins and all them suck this bad WITH modern technology. Then I could only imagine the 1980’s version of 247/scout/rivals.
    There were some primitive forms of recruiting ratings. I think the biggest was the Long Beach Telegram's "Best In The West" ratings. Empterman didn't make the list, Mike Lustyk was highly regarded.

But everytime some doog wants to argue for James Atoe or some other lowly rated recruit they yell "Emtman was a two star!". Which isn't really true since star ratings didn't exist, but as usual facts don't get in the way of a good doogism. Us negas have coopted the phrase (complete with improved spelling ala Stan Empterman) and now use it ironically and shit.

What’s crazy is if you ask The Don himself he probably popped on the film and saw a 5 Star because he basically saw Brock Lesnar in the middle of nowhere eating steroids for breakfast.

He’d be like Paama or Heimuli that are easy EASY 5 stars but they didn’t go to camps (or whatever they did to market back then) & hasn’t filled out physically. (Yes Paama is 350 and he hasn’t even come close to filling out. Good thing he’s Mossters back up plan for Keyon Ware Hudson hahaha) We May not have 5 stars but in my eval I see Tui, paama, and Heimuli all being five stars, bandes and Asa not too far behind but those three are no doubters unquestioned and I watched all the film before they committed so I’m only 81% dooging
    Bandes > Paama for me, but agree they're all studs.

It's a monster defensive class coming on the heels of a monster defensive class.

Get Smalls and dare I dream JTT and the 2021/22 defense will be chinsane. They'll be pretty chinsane even as it stands now.
    Bandes is better currently, but the ceiling for paama is out of this world.
    Agree but I rank based on a combination of present ability and likely ceiling. To me I like Bandes chances of reaching his ceiling better and it’s still plenty high. Paama is ideal in this class because with the others we have around hell have plenty of time to develop.

Get Wright and It’s a perfect DL class.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Right now this is the best DL class in UDUB history. If we sign Stephon, it’s the best class in CFB history.

Bandes number 1 DT in Cali When have we done that? Tui is the best DT on the West Coast. When have we done that? And if we have done both of those I doubt they were in the same year.

The scary thing is, Stephon and Paama’s ceilings might be higher than both.

Last year

True. I kinda meant like we haven’t done it often or combined them. Emtman was the number 1 DT on the West Coast we’ve done it before but not often and not together.

It’d be like if we got Tuli AND Togiai last year. I would’ve liked that but it felt like we didn’t get on Tuli until after we knew Togiai was going to Ohio State.
    Emtman wasn't even the #1 DT in the state of Washington.

You must be new to recruiting memes.

You’re right I suck. Was there even recruiting rankings back then or did we just find a modern day Viking and say “he’ll figure it out”. If ektard, Biggins and all them suck this bad WITH modern technology. Then I could only imagine the 1980’s version of 247/scout/rivals.
    There were some primitive forms of recruiting ratings. I think the biggest was the Long Beach Telegram's "Best In The West" ratings. Empterman didn't make the list, Mike Lustyk was highly regarded.

But everytime some doog wants to argue for James Atoe or some other lowly rated recruit they yell "Emtman was a two star!". Which isn't really true since star ratings didn't exist, but as usual facts don't get in the way of a good doogism. Us negas have coopted the phrase (complete with improved spelling ala Stan Empterman) and now use it ironically and shit.

What’s crazy is if you ask The Don himself he probably popped on the film and saw a 5 Star because he basically saw Brock Lesnar in the middle of nowhere eating steroids for breakfast.

He’d be like Paama or Heimuli that are easy EASY 5 stars but they didn’t go to camps (or whatever they did to market back then) & hasn’t filled out physically. (Yes Paama is 350 and he hasn’t even come close to filling out. Good thing he’s Mossters back up plan for Keyon Ware Hudson hahaha) We May not have 5 stars but in my eval I see Tui, paama, and Heimuli all being five stars, bandes and Asa not too far behind but those three are no doubters unquestioned and I watched all the film before they committed so I’m only 81% dooging
    Bandes > Paama for me, but agree they're all studs.

It's a monster defensive class coming on the heels of a monster defensive class.

Get Smalls and dare I dream JTT and the 2021/22 defense will be chinsane. They'll be pretty chinsane even as it stands now.
    Bandes is better currently, but the ceiling for paama is out of this world.
    Agree but I rank based on a combination of present ability and likely ceiling. To me I like Bandes chances of reaching his ceiling better and it’s still plenty high. Paama is ideal in this class because with the others we have around hell have plenty of time to develop.

Get Wright and It’s a perfect DL class.
    i would say it is perfect already, getting him would just be killer
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    He needs to step it up then with Kyle Ford.
  • Options
    DawgsRusDawgsRus Member Posts: 40
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He is playing with everyone now... last three posts. One for dawgs, one for SC, one for ducks.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DawgsRus said:

He is playing with everyone now... last three posts. One for dawgs, one for SC, one for ducks.

which means he is probably going with ASU
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,969
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DawgsRus said:

@DawgsRus leave OR drink a sixer of bleach.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

DawgsRus said:

Can you even get Natty Ice anymore?
  • Options

DawgsRus said:

or?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,969
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

DawgsRus said:

or?
    Either way he’s no longer here... but I see your point and I raise you an aurora bridge visit @DawgsRus
  • Options
    DawgsRusDawgsRus Member Posts: 40
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

DawgsRus said:

or?
    Either way he’s no longer here... but I see your point and I raise you an aurora bridge visit @DawgsRus
    A sixer is my normal night.
  • Options
    DawgsRus said:

DawgsRus said:

or?
    u can stay
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

DawgsRus said:

DawgsRus said:

or?
    u can stay
    Wonder if he's fetters size