Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's Presidency Rests on the Immigration Issue

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Yes i have heard the latest talking point about the airport. It came out yesterday and is all over the web. Thanks for sharing

People that come here via a visa are checked and about to be checked harder. With new tracking we can kick them back out when the time is up.

That is different from sneaking in illegally. If you can't see the difference I can't help you.

The wall was never an issue with most democrats until Trump won in part on it. Now its a trigger. Deal with it. DACA is a chip to get most or all of what Trump ran on.

Democrats are well aware that fucking Trump on immigration will hurt with the base. Trump knows that too. OBK is right in this thread and he is shredding the rest of you

Democrats are good with border security. Not a wall over the entire border that's useless.

HTH
    Democrats on border security:

Funny. I recall deportations going up from 2009 on.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited January 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Why does his base want billions of dollars wasted on a wall?

Do airplanes, drones, tunnels, and boats not exist in your world?

There is no substitute for a good old fashioned wall. Why do people have fences? Fences won't keep out the most determined trespassers, but fences and walls are a warning: KEEP OUT, you aren't wanted here. Most will be deterred.
    Do you think the border doesn't have walls already? Or there is no border security? I don't think anyone is saying to have no security. There's cheaper, more effective ways to control the border then a wall.
    A wall is part of the overall defense. Build it in areas where it needs to be built. Fortify it in areas where it needs to be fortified. And make use of the other strategies you mentioned as well.
    But Trump just wants to throw $18 billion at a wall. Because..... The isn't issue border security. It's doing something that's dumb just because he wants to. There's a reason no other president or Congress has just built a wall. It's only purpose is symbolic to rile up the base.
    Agreed.

Unlike free school for everybody. His jingle worked.

Bernie and Hilarys didn't.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

When Hamas terrorists started bombing buses in Israel back in the early 2000's, Israel built a wall to keep them out. Did some of them still get through? Sure. Some bored tunnels like insects underground. Most of those tunnels have been located and destroyed. Bus bombings are no longer a daily occurrence there. Walls work. They aren't foolproof, but they certainly help.

hotisraelisoldiertits.gif

#Jewbs
    Build that motherfucking wall.

Oh god oh god....
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Betray his base on this one and he's door ass out in 2020.

These 4 items are non negotiable:

--End chain migration.
    --End the visa lottery program.
    --Install a very strict merit based system: Only 5 star recruits need apply
    --Build a wall

As long as these 4 concessions are won, his base will be perfectly happy to allow some, most or even all 800K of the 'dreamers' (illegals) to remain in the US.

You do realize most illegal immigrants entered the country legally and over stayed their visa. Right?
    KOMO 4 buttfucker
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    The premise of the OP is FS.

It's the economy, stupid.

2001400ex said:

--End chain migration.
    --Build a wall

As long as these 4 concessions are won, his base will be perfectly happy to allow some, most or even all 800K of the 'dreamers' (illegals) to remain in the US.

You do realize most illegal immigrants entered the country legally and over stayed their visa. Right?
    KOMO 4 buttfucker
    If you want to bitch about the source, the article links to the center for migration studies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/visa-overstays-outnumber-illegal-border-crossings-trend-expected-continue-n730216
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yes i have heard the latest talking point about the airport. It came out yesterday and is all over the web. Thanks for sharing

People that come here via a visa are checked and about to be checked harder. With new tracking we can kick them back out when the time is up.

That is different from sneaking in illegally. If you can't see the difference I can't help you.

The wall was never an issue with most democrats until Trump won in part on it. Now its a trigger. Deal with it. DACA is a chip to get most or all of what Trump ran on.

Democrats are well aware that fucking Trump on immigration will hurt with the base. Trump knows that too. OBK is right in this thread and he is shredding the rest of you

Democrats are good with border security. Not a wall over the entire border that's useless.

HTH

Obama had one of the highest deportation rates of any president. Unfortunately most were repeat offenders. After deportation they would simply enter through our porous border again and again.

#inflated numbers
    Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HTH

Obama had one of the highest deportation rates of any president. Unfortunately most were repeat offenders. After deportation they would simply enter through our porous border again and again.

#inflated numbers
    That's right. I remember that Obama executive order to destroy the existing wall.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    #porous border
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HTH

#inflated numbers
    That's right. I remember that Obama executive order to destroy the existing wall.
    Make up your mind.
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HTH

#inflated numbers
    Make up your mind.
    Wut?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    edited January 2018

--End chain migration.
    --Build a wall

disagree. at this point, his base will, at worst, consider him the much lesser of two evils. no way with where the cuntry is now that his base deserts him. He'd have to go full-fledged lib for that.

Nuh uh. Nope. The only way he's door-ass-out is if more non-Trumps turn out. It is quite literally going to be a "which party gets more of its huge number of lazy asses off the couch to vote" election. You can see it on social media: the country is sharply cut in half, everyone has lost their minds and has entrenched themselves to a point where I barely ever hear or see anyone have a rational, much less intellectually honest, debate anymore. People are voting identity politics for the foreseeable future.

Both parties and everyone is to blame for that, but there you have it.

Trump would have to TRY to lose his base at this point. He's need to go full Roy Moore for that to happen, and even then, he'd only lose one layer. The rest will stick by him because (1) nobody in this climate is admitting they were wrong, and (2) what else are they going to do?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

--End chain migration.
    --Build a wall

disagree. at this point, his base will, at worst, consider him the much lesser of two evils. no way with where the cuntry is now that his base deserts him. He'd have to go full-fledged lib for that.

Nuh uh. Nope. The only way he's door-ass-out is if more non-Trumps turn out. It is quite literally going to be a "which party gets more of its huge number of lazy asses off the couch to vote" election. You can see it on social media: the country is sharply cut in half, everyone has lost their minds and has entrenched themselves to a point where I barely ever hear or see anyone have a rational, much less intellectually honest, debate anymore. People are voting identity politics for the foreseeable future.

Trump would have to TRY to lose his base at this point. He's need to go full Roy Moore for that to happen, and even then, he'd only lose one layer. The rest will stick by him because (1) nobody in this climate is admitting they were wrong, and (2) what else are they going to do?
    True.

edited January 2018

You can see it on social media: the country is sharply cut in half, everyone has lost their minds and has entrenched themselves to a point where I barely ever hear or see anyone have a rational, much less intellectually honest, debate anymore.
    Yes. Agree.

If Jeff SessionsFS stays ...

... I'm fucking OUT.

Either way, I'm all-in on Mark Cuban.

I'm sure this will rattle cages, but IDGAF ... Even though I'm sure I don't like a lot of her political positions ... I would give real consideration to casting vote for Oprah, because a) you don't get to be a billionaire without knowing how to lead people; and b) she seems to be genuinely a good person.

Obligatory: Awful warm for February POTD
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited January 2018

--End chain migration.
    --Build a wall

As far as immigration is concerned, full fledge lib is being weak on it at best, being Angela Merkel at worst. In this climate, dems are far closer to the Merkel (clinically insane, culturally suicidal) end of spectrum. His voters expect nothing short of him sticking it to them and their Soros-inspired globalist agenda big time. His hardline stance on immigration was a central pillar of his victory.

You actually agree with my position in a roudabout way, when you say he's door ass out if more non-Trumps turn out. Guaranteed Trump supporters will not turn out in large numbers if he betrays the base and doesn't make the wholesale changes he promised to make on the campaign trail. He WILL lose his base and consequently the next election if he fails to be hardline on immigration and effect real change.
    pawz said:

You can see it on social media: the country is sharply cut in half, everyone has lost their minds and has entrenched themselves to a point where I barely ever hear or see anyone have a rational, much less intellectually honest, debate anymore.
    Yes. Agree.

I'm sure this will rattle cages, but IDGAF ... Even though I'm sure I don't like a lot of her political positions ... I would give real consideration to casting vote for Oprah, because a) you don't get to be a billionaire without knowing how to lead people; and b) she seems to be genuinely a good person.

So basically the exact opposite of Trump. Agreed.
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

Yes. Agree.

He leads you every day Trumpet. Right to the Tug Tavern.

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

Yes. Agree.

16 minutes.
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

Yes. Agree.

16 minutes.
    Thanks Trumpet!

The Bored is so lucky to have you. We count our blessings everyday!

#aclockworkshill