Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Furious Five FUpdate or Bruce Wayne's Sloppy Seconds

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

BlastDoor said:

I have never seen so many "insiders" on a board before. Interesting.

About four people actually know something around here, and one of them is an imaginary horse I only see when stoned. Everyone else is full of shit.
    So only 81% if the time
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BlastDoor said:

Swaye said:

BlastDoor said:

About four people actually know something around here, and one of them is an imaginary horse I only see when stoned. Everyone else is full of shit.
    and somehow the horse is the one who knows most. wow. this speaks volumes about the content of this board.
    Gotta pay your $10.95 if you want high quality recruiting info.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

I don’t understand why the staff does not offer Merlin, he a step down from Solomon but still great prospect

Not exactly a staff full of homeyz
    Fast Strategy Hispanics don't exist at UW.
    Great first poast.

I think Robertson just looks hispanic, but is actually Poly. Ultimately, it's basically the same thing, so yeah.

Second, I'm still in assessment mode about who and what we are doing for this cycle.

I think our priorities are...

1. DJ - we are up against Oregon. Oregon is the Miami of the West Coast.
    2. Martin - He's visiting Oregon before he 'visits' us. If we can get him on the visit that will be the key.
    3. Irvin - I don't think USC has room and I think we can beat ND for him. Harris should help.
    4. Tuliaupupu - No fucking shot in the world.
    5. Tuli and everyone else - no fucking shot in the world.

I think Skinny is coming, but the fact that UGA won may throw it back into play. I don't really know... I just think when you finish second for a recruit, a lot of times you're friend-zoned for life.
    If Fromm plays well against Bama and UGA wins a natty, then there's no way in hell Eason ever wins that starting job back.
    He’s never winning the job back regardless. The sell for UGA is, stay here and you’re one snap away from quarterbacking a national champion, while you’re not even guaranteed number two on the depth at Washington.

I still think he’s coming here, but some of that may depend on how badly UGA wants to fight for him.
    I think Georgia brought in another 5* QB in the next class.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'd bet money he's part Mexican or some other Latin nation.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

I don’t understand why the staff does not offer Merlin, he a step down from Solomon but still great prospect

I think Robertson just looks Hispanic, but is actually Poly. Ultimately, it's basically the same thing, so yeah.
    What makes you think he is Poly? He's maybe mixed but from Gardena and goes to Serra? Homie is definitely Hispanic and probably identifies as such even if mixed. Also, his name is super hispanic. If he was from Norwalk/Hawaiian Gardens it might be different.

~~Southern California Hispanic Superiority guy

Also, there are no good taquerias in Seattle. The only draw I can think of for this kid is playing for a championship caliber team and since all his first options seem to have cooled on him we are his best shot at that.

He goes to Serra, but that doesn't mean he is from Gardena. Think he is from Carson.

Not to judge a book by its cover, but a Samoan from Carson who looks gang affiliated might very well be. There are Polynesian sets of Bloods and Crips throughout the South Bay Cities of LA.
    *Gardeña
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    If he's from Carson there's lots of poly's and hispanics(and mixes thereof see Norwalk/Hawaiian Gardens). Gang affiliations would lean more towards Locos etc. than any bloods or crips(More LB centric than Carson/Wilma) but who knows!

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

On Merlin - he's Samoan. He has a Samoan flag next to his name on twitter and constantly references Samoan stuff.

Also, 'Asians' 'Polynesians' and 'Native Americans' are likely to share a lot of phenotypic characteristics (that was kind of my point)... so with normal gene mixing over long periods of time it might be hard to tell one lineage from another from just looking.

But fuck if he doesn't look straight out Kid Frost's La Raza video.

https://twitter.com/_merlin_2?lang=en

All I took from this is that @RoadDawg55 and I can have sex and our kids won't be crossbreeds.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

If he's from Carson there's lots of poly's and hispanics(and mixes thereof see Norwalk/Hawaiian Gardens). Gang affiliations would lean more towards Locos etc. than any bloods or crips(More LB centric than Carson/Wilma) but who knows!

I'll take your word based on your apparent local knowledge. I am just a guy in the basement with an internet connection.
    Both my dad's are from the LA area and work in Wilma/Carson.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Great first poast.

I think Robertson just looks hispanic, but is actually Poly. Ultimately, it's basically the same thing, so yeah.

Second, I'm still in assessment mode about who and what we are doing for this cycle.

I think our priorities are...

1. DJ - we are up against Oregon. Oregon is the Miami of the West Coast.
    2. Martin - He's visiting Oregon before he 'visits' us. If we can get him on the visit that will be the key.
    3. Irvin - I don't think USC has room and I think we can beat ND for him. Harris should help.
    4. Tuliaupupu - No fucking shot in the world.
    5. Tuli and everyone else - no fucking shot in the world.

I think Skinny is coming, but the fact that UGA won may throw it back into play. I don't really know... I just think when you finish second for a recruit, a lot of times you're friend-zoned for life.
    If Fromm plays well against Bama and UGA wins a natty, then there's no way in hell Eason ever wins that starting job back.
    He’s never winning the job back regardless. The sell for UGA is, stay here and you’re one snap away from quarterbacking a national champion, while you’re not even guaranteed number two on the depth at Washington.

I still think he’s coming here, but some of that may depend on how badly UGA wants to fight for him.
    Sorry - my point was not about Skinny not transferring, it was this... if he'd lost last week, he'd probably end up enrolling at UW for winter quarter. Hence: done deal.

Now, with them ending too late for him to transfer in quickly, that's basically 2 months for him to get wooed by every BSD in college football that needs a QB.
    Like Chip Kelly who could definitely use a high level QB
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Swaye said:

I cannot stop looking at @Gladstone 's avatar. Eva Green is fucking nails.

One of the best Bond girls ever
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

I cannot stop looking at @Gladstone 's avatar. Eva Green is fucking nails.

One of the best Bond girls ever
    only reason i watched fucking penny dreadful.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also: we aren't recruiting him.

Sad, but true.

I love him as a prospect... but I don't think we're interested. Numbers too tight.

I wanna downvote this just to reflect the inherent feelings it brings up that we have sub talented LB's on the roster and aren't offering talent. Oh well.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    BlastDoor said:

Swaye said:

BlastDoor said:

and somehow the horse is the one who knows most. wow. this speaks volumes about the content of this board.
    hey you bitch, have some respect. it isn't just some horse. it is Da SpiritHorse