Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Furious Five FUpdate or Bruce Wayne's Sloppy Seconds

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Back in December DDY Wrote

"So, right now we are in an odd state as a program. We are doing 'pretty well' this recruiting class, but we are clearly a tier down from teams that get consistently good players like Bama, etc."

Our state moving forward according to DDY was significantly tied to signing the "Furious Five". That turned out like this so far.

1. Togiai (DDY3) tOSU Bagman & a Fat Fuckface Coach
2. Gordon (DDY3) STAYING HOME!!!
3. Kaho (DDY3) [As it stands, the only guy I think we have a DECENT chance with is Kaho.]~DDY called it
4. Irvin (DDY3) 81% chance he comes to UW
5. Tremblay (DDY2) The continued plungering by Marlon, USC's classic Ivan pitch, "So many of our players get injured you'll definitely get early playing time."

So far we've got 2/5 with a high probability of going 3/5 by Feb. This would mean that we have crossed the threshold that DDY established of "If we, somehow, manage to pull 3 of these guys... you will know shit is REALLY changing."

DDY also wrote "If, we somehow manage to land all these guys, we will be in rarified air. This will be a class that we put a spike in the ground on and say 'that's when our program changed'. But to do that, we are going to have to turn into a team that fucks. " This obviously can't happen. What I'm curious about though is if and how our remaining targets could affect the outlook on the class.

Here's a list of the most likely candidates still on the radar:

Most Likely
Jeremiah Martin
D.J. Johnson
Skinny Eason
Jackson Cravens

Poly Bowl Bruddah's
Tuli Letuligasenoa
Solomon Tuliaupupu
Merlin Robertson

Underwear Mission Kids
Tennessee Pututau
Tanner McKee

If Irvin signs and we land another two of these guys are we putting a spike in the ground? Which two would be the most impactful? Would it take all four of our most likely? How many would we take max?

TLDR Even though the chick we were talking to went home with Bruce Wayne for the night the girl he was banging in the bathroom just stumbled back to the bar at 1:45. Are we going to try and close on some sloppy seconds?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Strong first poast, but LEAVE!

Where are you getting a high probability of Irvin?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    81% that Irvin is coming to UW is just what I am hearing...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Back in December DDY Wrote

"So, right now we are in an odd state as a program. We are doing 'pretty well' this recruiting class, but we are clearly a tier down from teams that get consistently good players like Bama, etc."

Our state moving forward according to DDY was significantly tied to signing the "Furious Five". That turned out like this so far.

1. Togiai (DDY3) tOSU Bagman & a Fat Fuckface Coach
    2. Gordon (DDY3) STAYING HOME!!!
    3. Kaho (DDY3) [As it stands, the only guy I think we have a DECENT chance with is Kaho.]~DDY called it
    4. Irvin (DDY3) 81% chance he comes to UW
    5. Tremblay (DDY2) The continued plungering by Marlon, USC's classic Ivan pitch, "So many of our players get injured you'll definitely get early playing time."

So far we've got 2/5 with a high probability of going 3/5 by Feb. This would mean that we have crossed the threshold that DDY established of "If we, somehow, manage to pull 3 of these guys... you will know shit is REALLY changing."

DDY also wrote "If, we somehow manage to land all these guys, we will be in rarified air. This will be a class that we put a spike in the ground on and say 'that's when our program changed'. But to do that, we are going to have to turn into a team that fucks. " This obviously can't happen. What I'm curious about though is if and how our remaining targets could affect the outlook on the class.

Here's a list of the most likely candidates still on the radar:

Most Likely
    Jeremiah Martin
    D.J. Johnson
    Skinny Eason
    Jackson Cravens

Poly Bowl Bruddah's
    Tuli Letuligasenoa
    Solomon Tuliaupupu
    Merlin Robertson

Underwear Mission Kids
    Tennessee Pututau
    Tanner McKee

If Irvin signs and we land another two of these guys are we putting a spike in the ground? Which two would be the most impactful? Would it take all four of our most likely? How many would we take max?

TLDR Even though the chick we were talking to went home with Bruce Wayne for the night the girl he was banging in the bathroom just stumbled back to the bar at 1:45. Are we going to try and close on some sloppy seconds?

DIE
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I say we go 0-5
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don’t understand why the staff does not offer Merlin, he a step down from Solomon but still great prospect

Not exactly a staff full of homeyz
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I don’t understand why the staff does not offer Merlin, he a step down from Solomon but still great prospect

Not exactly a staff full of homeyz
    Fast Strategy Hispanics don't exist at UW.
    Great first poast.

I think Robertson just looks hispanic, but is actually Poly. Ultimately, it's basically the same thing, so yeah.

Second, I'm still in assessment mode about who and what we are doing for this cycle.

I think our priorities are...

1. DJ - we are up against Oregon. Oregon is the Miami of the West Coast.
    2. Martin - He's visiting Oregon before he 'visits' us. If we can get him on the visit that will be the key.
    3. Irvin - I don't think USC has room and I think we can beat ND for him. Harris should help.
    4. Tuliaupupu - No fucking shot in the world.
    5. Tuli and everyone else - no fucking shot in the world.

I think Skinny is coming, but the fact that UGA won may throw it back into play. I don't really know... I just think when you finish second for a recruit, a lot of times you're friend-zoned for life.
    If Fromm plays well against Bama and UGA wins a natty, then there's no way in hell Eason ever wins that starting job back.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have never seen so many "insiders" on a board before. Interesting.