Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

10th Asst. Hired... Will Harris DB Coach from SJSU

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

DeepSeaZ said:

AIRWOLF said:

Harris played at USC and is from a public school in Los Angeles. Yeah, it was in the San Gabriel Valley (Covina) and not from the South Bay region of LA, but it is still an LA local who played for SC on our? staff.

He has only been out of college for 7-8 years, so he is about 30 years old. He got sniffs from the Seahawks and Edmondton Eskimos, but was never an NFL player.

In terms of coaching, he was involved in the NFL's coaching internship program and also coached for a year in Utah at Dixie College before he went to SJSU.

As a black guy who was a 4-star recruit from LA and played at USC, he should be an extremely useful guy to this coaching staff in recruiting.

In fact, it would be tough to think of a much better profile for what this staff needs on the recruiting side.

I trust that Petersen did his due diligence on his coaching ability and willingness to continue to learn as a coach.

So now you think it’s ok to profile black people?
    What in the actual fuck are you talking about?
    no one knows wtf ballzdeep is talking about. don't engage him - It does not end well for the board. see dick newton thread.
    him?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

DeepSeaZ said:

AIRWOLF said:

Harris played at USC and is from a public school in Los Angeles. Yeah, it was in the San Gabriel Valley (Covina) and not from the South Bay region of LA, but it is still an LA local who played for SC on our? staff.

He has only been out of college for 7-8 years, so he is about 30 years old. He got sniffs from the Seahawks and Edmondton Eskimos, but was never an NFL player.

In terms of coaching, he was involved in the NFL's coaching internship program and also coached for a year in Utah at Dixie College before he went to SJSU.

As a black guy who was a 4-star recruit from LA and played at USC, he should be an extremely useful guy to this coaching staff in recruiting.

In fact, it would be tough to think of a much better profile for what this staff needs on the recruiting side.

I trust that Petersen did his due diligence on his coaching ability and willingness to continue to learn as a coach.

no one knows wtf ballzdeep is talking about. don't engage him - It does not end well for the board. see dick newton thread.
    him?
    better now?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    guntlove said:

This dude certainly seems like he'll be able to croot... But why the fuck do we have to "groom" a new DB coach? Why can't we just hire one when Lake leaves?

Anyhoo, sounds like we aren't done making coaching moves... As long as something's done to unfuck our BUCK and DL recruiting, I'm happy.

You should think before you post ...
  • Options

guntlove said:

This dude certainly seems like he'll be able to croot... But why the fuck do we have to "groom" a new DB coach? Why can't we just hire one when Lake leaves?

Anyhoo, sounds like we aren't done making coaching moves... As long as something's done to unfuck our BUCK and DL recruiting, I'm happy.

I think that is just a lazy narrative, to be honest. I don’t think it has anything to do with grooming Lake’s replacement. I think with a 10th coach now added most teams will be adding to defensive staff and the most logical spot is secondary because you have so many players. If lake left tomorrow I’d bet they’d go after another DB coach.
    Your last point may be true ...

HOWEVER, I completely disagree that this hire isn’t about ensuring that we don’t get caught with our pants down in the secondary. We walked what may have been a needless tight rope this year.

Lake almost assuredly won’t be leaving before the first signing day next year ... to be able to go into a kid’s home with 2 strong position is he’s should dissipate much of the negative recruiting that we face with respect to Lake and our DBs
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

DeepSeaZ said:

AIRWOLF said:

no one knows wtf ballzdeep is talking about. don't engage it - It does not end well for the board. see dick newton thread.
    Is BallzDeep and DeepSeaZ the same guy?

• Options
    guntlove said:

Tequilla said:

guntlove said:

Should I THINK and CARE before I post??!?!!
    At least 1 of the 2 would keep you out of at least Boobs territory
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

guntlove said:

You don't get this place at all.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

guntlove said:

I think that is just a lazy narrative, to be honest. I don’t think it has anything to do with grooming Lake’s replacement. I think with a 10th coach now added most teams will be adding to defensive staff and the most logical spot is secondary because you have so many players. If lake left tomorrow I’d bet they’d go after another DB coach.
    Your last point may be true ...

HOWEVER, I completely disagree that this hire isn’t about ensuring that we don’t get caught with our pants down in the secondary. We walked what may have been a needless tight rope this year.

Lake almost assuredly won’t be leaving before the first signing day next year ... to be able to go into a kid’s home with 2 strong position is he’s should dissipate much of the negative recruiting that we face with respect to Lake and our DBs
    Why are you still trying to push this angle after Lake closed both Gordon and Hampton against elite competition? (And maybe Irvin.)
    SERIOUSLY.

SoFuckingIrritating.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Tequilla said:

Boobs territory sounds like a place most dudes would want to be.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Boobs territory sounds like a place most dudes would want to be.
    You don't get this place at all
    Hurtful
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

I wasn't thinking of it as grooming a replacement. I do think that, it you like the way coaching, development etc is happening with the secondary, you might try to take steps to set up for continuity down the road. One way is to have one or two young guys with some promise learning under the guy thats been doing it.

On the other hand, DB is a big position group and it makes sense to add a coach there regardless.
  • Options
    For those that think I’m full of shit ... why do you think we hired a DB coach when we have recruiting deficiencies at LB (particularly OLB) and from a high end standpoint on the DL?

If those of you look at Lake and say yeah he closed everybody so GTFO with my theory ... why is Pete doubling down on THAT position group?

Good luck rationalizing that one.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

For those that think I’m full of shit ... why do you think we hired a DB coach when we have recruiting deficiencies at LB (particularly OLB) and from a high end standpoint on the DL?

If those of you look at Lake and say yeah he closed everybody so GTFO with my theory ... why is Pete doubling down on THAT position group?

Good luck rationalizing that one.

Because Lake is gone after next season and Pete wants a contingency plan?