Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Gladstone said:

@TierbsHsotBoobs even a low rent sperg like you can admit Eason >>>> Browning.

Eason is more talented, but I haven't seen him do anything on the field to prove he is better.

I see no reason to waste a scholarship on him for three years when he won't be playing.
    I suggest as DDY stated he’s pretty fucking Elite. And you don’t start at Georgia in the SEC being average as a true Frosh. Maybe you should actually watch the football games and make an educated comment for once
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited December 2017

Gladstone said:

Eason is more talented, but I haven't seen him do anything on the field to prove he is better.

I see no reason to waste a scholarship on him for three years when he won't be playing.
    I suggest as DDY stated he’s pretty fucking Elite. And you don’t start at Georgia in the SEC being average as a true Frosh. Maybe you should actually watch the football games and make an educated comment for once
    I watched Eason get passed by a better true freshman.

HTH
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Gladstone said:

I watched Eason get passed by a better true freshman.

HTH
    Who gives a fuck? We are going to have two redshirt freshmen - the idea of handing the job to either of those guys is FS. If your boy can beat him out, so fucking be it.

We are not losing anything by taking him. HTH

Gladstone said:

lol 'waste a scholarship' - Baabs is now the keeper of the numbers!

Good point. Who would want to pass up a great opportunity to put Jared Pulu on scholarship and take a chance on a guy who could be the best QB at UW since Tui?
    Fair poont about wasting scholarships in guys like Pulu.

Eason only has two years left though. He's not a superstar and UW has two guys with superstar potential and four years available.

The REAL question is why would Eason LEAVE Georgia to face competition at UW. He should go to UCLA instead.

Gladstone said:

Good point. Who would want to pass up a great opportunity to put Jared Pulu on scholarship and take a chance on a guy who could be the best QB at UW since Tui?

Eason only has two years left though. He's not a superstar and UW has two guys with superstar potential and four years available.

The REAL question is why would Eason LEAVE Georgia to face competition at UW. He should go to UCLA instead.
    Let's walk through this for everyone involved:

1. We are not 'wasting a scholarship' on him. We are wasting a scholarship on DBG who got beat out by Haener.
    2. He will come here and sit for 18 months. He will have to do that anywhere.
    3. When he comes off his redshirt season, he will be going against 2 'GOOD' RS-FR for a job. That's about an optimal level of competition.
    4. If he can't beat out 2 RS-FR for a job, then he isn't going to do shit anyway.
    5. He has connections on the UW staff and a good relationship with us.

Gladstone said:

1. We are not 'wasting a scholarship' on him. We are wasting a scholarship on DBG who got beat out by Haener.
    3. When he comes off his redshirt season, he will be going against 2 'GOOD' RS-FR for a job. That's about an optimal level of competition.
    4. If he can't beat out 2 RS-FR for a job, then he isn't going to do shit anyway.
    If neither of the freshmen gets a look next year, Peterman is doing a shitty job of using his roster.

Regarding point 4: he just got beat by one true freshman.

If he wants to hold a clipboard, fuck Asians, and get a good education, UW makes sense.

If he wants to prove himself as a QB, UW makes no sense whatsoever.
    edited December 2017

Gladstone said:

If neither of the freshmen gets a look next year, Peterman is doing a shitty job of using his roster.

If he wants to hold a clipboard, fuck Asians, and get a good education, UW makes sense.

So - you're just on a losing side here. What you're saying makes no sense in the real world.

In the Boobs fantasy world, sure, Yankoff has a chance to beat out Jake. In the real world, that will literally never happen.

Regarding point 4 -

He didn't get 'BEAT OUT'. He beat out Fromm in pre-season, then got injured and never got his job back because it was close and he wasn't a 'Kirby Smart' kid.

In terms of proving himself you our off your fucking nut, man. I know you love the 'I don't want Skinny' narrative because it makes you a fun troll, but you are literally saying the OPPOSITE of the truth now.

If he wants to prove himself, UW is a perfect situation...

He's going to get great coaching, he'll get a chance at a job for a really good team in '19 that he can elevate to a new level. If he comes in and takes that starting job once Brownshorts is gone and leads us to a P12 championship and plays really well, he could end up as the first pick in the draft... and that's without disrupting the careers of Sirm or Yank.

He will get a chance to sit and learn (which he hasn't had a chance to do) and then he's got a clear path to a job on one of the 10 best teams in the country.

Are you out of your fucking mind?
    He got beat out because Fromm played better as a freshman this year than Eason did last year. Smart made the safe choice after fall camp them got bailed out when Eason got himself injured by being a dumbass who doesn't know how to throw a ball away.

Thanks for the laugh about great QB coaching at UW though. That was some funny shit.

I've been right about Eason so far. Doogs hate it when that happens.

Gladstone said:

So - you're just on a losing side here. What you're saying makes no sense in the real world.

In the Boobs fantasy world, sure, Yankoff has a chance to beat out Jake. In the real world, that will literally never happen.

Regarding point 4 -

He didn't get 'BEAT OUT'. He beat out Fromm in pre-season, then got injured and never got his job back because it was close and he wasn't a 'Kirby Smart' kid.

In terms of proving himself you our off your fucking nut, man. I know you love the 'I don't want Skinny' narrative because it makes you a fun troll, but you are literally saying the OPPOSITE of the truth now.

If he wants to prove himself, UW is a perfect situation...

He's going to get great coaching, he'll get a chance at a job for a really good team in '19 that he can elevate to a new level. If he comes in and takes that starting job once Brownshorts is gone and leads us to a P12 championship and plays really well, he could end up as the first pick in the draft... and that's without disrupting the careers of Sirm or Yank.

He will get a chance to sit and learn (which he hasn't had a chance to do) and then he's got a clear path to a job on one of the 10 best teams in the country.

Are you out of your fucking mind?
    He got beat out because Fromm played better as a freshman this year than Eason did last year. Smart made the safe choice after fall camp them got bailed out when Eason got himself injured by being a dumbass who doesn't know how to throw a ball away.

Thanks for the laugh about great QB coaching at UW though. That was some funny shit.
    You are flailing away by yourself here. These are the same points the people on doogman are making.

You do a great job trolling, but you are FS about football.

He's coming here whether you want it or not and he will most likely win the job in '19 whether you want that or not.

Enjoy it.

How can you even argue that using one of our 85 scholarships on Eason for 1 year is wasting it?

If he's good and wins the starting job, he will go pro. If he doesn't win the starting job, his dad will find a new school for him as a senior, so it's really only 1 year.

It's a total waste in 2018. He can't play. You're using a scholarship for 2 years on a guy who might play 1 year.

Since 2018 is apparently an exhibition season anyway, maybe it's not a big deal.

How can you even argue that using one of our 85 scholarships on Eason for 1 year is wasting it?

If he's good and wins the starting job, he will go pro. If he doesn't win the starting job, his dad will find a new school for him as a senior, so it's really only 1 year.

It's a total waste in 2018. He can't play. You're using a scholarship for 2 years on a guy who might play 1 year.

Since 2018 is apparently an exhibition season anyway, maybe it's not a big deal.
    Guys who are wastes of scholarships:

DBG, Haener
    Dick Netwon
    (Pounds, Fuller, Baccelia; only 1 is needed), Chin
    Mike Neal
    Matt James, Jared Hilbers, Dev Burleson, Jesse Sosebee
    Shane Bowman, Jason Scrempos
    KYLER FUCKING MANU, Jusstis Warren

Guys who are not wastes of scholarships:

A dude who might be a starting QB for you.

Literally fuck off with this stupid shit. You don't understand college football.
    Using 2 years of scholarships on a guy who might start at QB for 1 year is wasteful. The waste is justifiable if you are mailing the 2018 season in though.

You've been wrong about Eason so far though. A smarter person would take the L and move on.

DBG, Haener
    Dick Netwon
    Mike Neal

Literally fuck off with this stupid shit. You don't understand college football.
    Using 2 years of scholarships on a guy who might start at QB for 1 year is wasteful. The waste is justifiable if you are mailing the 2018 season in though.

You've been wrong about Eason so far though. A smarter person would take the L and move on.
    Eason has 3 to play 2 you fucking moron.

DBG, Haener
    Dick Netwon
    Mike Neal

Eason has 3 to play 2 you fucking moron.
    Read the post by @bananasnblondes.