Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The reality that none of this matters

Comments

• DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 98
    edited November 2013
    I was hoping to learn more about Oregon tomorrow night, when they play Stanford. Unfortunately, the Baylor - Oklahoma game kicks off prior, so I'll probably miss it.
    Seriously, everyone has been talking about how Stanford has figured out the Ducks. Thursday's result will go a long way towards proving whether that's universally true or not.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    What about FSU? FSU has been crushing fools. The @ Clemson and Miami curb-stompings were very impressive, no?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Ducksrule said:

I was hoping to learn more about Oregon tomorrow night, when they play Stanford. Unfortunately, the Baylor - Oklahoma game kicks off prior, so I'll probably miss it.
    Seriously, everyone has been talking about how Stanford has figured out the Ducks. Thursday's result will go a long way towards proving whether that's universally true or not.

They don't have Oregon figured out. Before last year, Stanford was getting plungered by Oregon every year. Oregon hung 50 on Stanford in the two games prior to this year. I think Oregon is going to win by 17+ on Thursday.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    People have totally bought the meme that Oregon can't play defense. Its bullshit, but we're going to need to beat the fuck out of an SEC team before anyone realizes it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's an interesting debate but I'm kind of tired of it. It has all been said. We need to see it on the field.

My opinion...the last Duck teams to face the top dogs in the SEC did not have individual players as good as some of the guys they have now. The system was the same, the execution was always great, but the players weren't as good. If anything hurts Oregon in this game it's that they play against a bunch of second rate defenses all season and it hurts their preparation for the big boys.

I think Oregon will win it this year if they don't get screwed out of playing the game.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Its just the opposite. Bama had a bye before A&M and had played them last year. They still got worked again, even worse. The last 6 weeks have been against standard competition.

Marriot is as good as Johnny Football and just the kind of guy that gives Bama fits.

Its the Oregon defense that will tell the tale. A&M scored 42 but gave up 49. Oregon has a better defense than A&M. And as good of an offense.

Mariota is better than Manziel, he is the best QB in college football. Enough said on that.

Its just the opposite. Bama had a bye before A&M and had played them last year. They still got worked again, even worse. The last 6 weeks have been against standard competition.

Marriot is as good as Johnny Football and just the kind of guy that gives Bama fits.

Its the Oregon defense that will tell the tale. A&M scored 42 but gave up 49. Oregon has a better defense than A&M. And as good of an offense.

Mariota is better than Manziel, he is the best QB in college football. Enough said on that.
    Will he do everything he can to win the game?

It's kind of pick your poison, as both are great, but I think Manziel is a better college QB. I don't see Mariota doing what Manziel did against Alabama.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

People have totally bought the meme that Oregon can't play defense. Its bullshit, but we're going to need to beat the fuck out of an SEC team before anyone realizes it.

This. Oregon's defense is pretty fucking good but most idiots, i.e. Doogs, only see the offense.

Oregon vs. aTm is no match as aTm has no D and Oregon would get a couple stops.

Oregon vs. Bama would be a great game as Oregon has a D to put on the field unlike aTm.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Ducksrule said:

The fuck?

You only have one channel?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    topdawgnc said:

Ducksrule said:

The only "blueprint" to beating Oregon is to have a Top-5 team and play better than they do on a given day. They don't lose enough to anyone consistently enough to simply say "here's all it takes".

DR

Disagree. RoadDawg is right. The key is to control the line of scrimmage. Nothing earth shattering.
    Oregon has at least two game changers
    if only Oregon had 2-Win Ross.

GAME OVER
  • DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 98
    topdawgnc said:

Ducksrule said:

The fuck?

LOL. No, just goofing around. It does truly suck that 2 of the best games of the season are on at practically the same time on a Thursday night.

DR
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Ducksrule said:

topdawgnc said:

Ducksrule said:

The fuck?

LOL. No, just goofing around. It does truly suck that 2 of the best games of the season are on at practically the same time on a Thursday night.

DR
    It's not even a fucking contest for me.

The Big 12 is a joke.

Now if LSU and Alabama were slugging it out Thursday night ... yeah ... I would be confused on what to watch.

I don't see Baylor and OU being much of a game ... either Baylor gets exposed ... or they are going to light some shit up.
  • A couple of things RE: Bama vs Oregon. Remember Bama was up 35-14 and 42-21 on A & M going into the 4th quarter. Also you can't say "Do you think A & M is better than Oregon? " because Manziel is the only QB to do well against a Saban led defense in the last two years.

Another point, that game was the 2nd game of the year and on the road. Good coached teams become better as the season goes on. Not everyone is like Washington where they peak 2nd game into the season.

In championship games the little things matter. Oregon ranks 119th in penalties per game while Alabama ranks 33rd in penalties per game. Oregon can get away with that against the terrible teams they have been playing against but that will cost them against Bama.

Also with a month to prepare are you taking a first year head coach or a guy who has already won 4 BCS national title games? I don't think Oregon would even score in the 30's on Bama.

I would go Bama 34, Oregon 24 as my final score. Oregon is no push over but to ignore history is just silly.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

A couple of things RE: Bama vs Oregon. Remember Bama was up 35-14 and 42-21 on A & M going into the 4th quarter. Also you can't say "Do you think A & M is better than Oregon? " because Manziel is the only QB to do well against a Saban led defense in the last two years.

Another point, that game was the 2nd game of the year and on the road. Good coached teams become better as the season goes on. Not everyone is like Washington where they peak 2nd game into the season.

In championship games the little things matter. Oregon ranks 119th in penalties per game while Alabama ranks 33rd in penalties per game. Oregon can get away with that against the terrible teams they have been playing against but that will cost them against Bama.

Also with a month to prepare are you taking a first year head coach or a guy who has already won 4 BCS national title games? I don't think Oregon would even score in the 30's on Bama.

I would go Bama 34, Oregon 24 as my final score. Oregon is no push over but to ignore history is just silly.

Pretty much this. If they played during the regular season after no byes I'd take UO by 7. If both were coming off a bye I'd take Bama by 3. If both have a month to prepare, the Tide will role.

edited November 2013
    chuck said:

Ducksrule said:

topdawgnc said:

Ducksrule said:

The fuck?

DR
    Oregon-Stanford is not going to be a good game. #plungerrape

There's only one meaningful game left to play in the Pac 12, UCLA-ASU and that's just for the honor of receiving another ass raping by the Ducks.
    I think if anyone from the Pac 12 has a chance to beat Oregon, it's ASU. ASU looks to have gotten much better as the season has rolled along.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Who the fuck has Oregon played to prove your points?

chuck said:

Ducksrule said:

topdawgnc said:

Ducksrule said:

The fuck?

DR
    Oregon-Stanford is not going to be a good game. #plungerrape

There's only one meaningful game left to play in the Pac 12, UCLA-ASU and that's just for the honor of receiving another ass raping by the Ducks.
    I think if anyone from the Pac 12 has a chance to beat Oregon, it's ASU. ASU looks to have gotten much better as the season has rolled along.

Maybe they have. Need to see them against UCLA. Seeing how if ASU is for real is what makes that an interesting game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

Who the fuck has Oregon played to prove your points?
    Tenneeseeeee