Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump foe ATT announces Employee Bonuses

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/12/20/handful-companies-promise-bonuses-pay-raises/971199001/

True courage would be paying the bonuses after year end. But just like Obamacare, businesses are politicizing their decisions to justify their lobbying dollars.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    2001400ex said:

ATT is smart. Pay the bonuses this year so they get to deduct from their tax return. While employees pay more taxes on it this year. And they were going to invest in 2018 anyway for 5G. So why not announce it as part of the tax package?

You really aren't very bright are you.

There are reasons to be skeptical of it but if you're a trickle down truther this is a victory. Long way to go though. Stop acting like you've won.

No win until it's signed, but then, this win is YUUUUUUGE!
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

ATT is smart. Pay the bonuses this year so they get to deduct from their tax return. While employees pay more taxes on it this year. And they were going to invest in 2018 anyway for 5G. So why not announce it as part of the tax package?

Right. Explain how I'm wrong.
    ATT will write off all payroll expenses this year and next year, regardless of this new tax law, right?

And, if they don't give the bonuses at all, they earn more profit, right?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Why is nobody talking about the fact that the the individual changes (but not the corporate ones) expire in 2025? After that taxes go back up for most Americans.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter

Why is nobody talking about the fact that the the individual changes (but not the corporate ones) expire in 2025? After that taxes go back up for most Americans.

No love for the 7 year ARM with a balloon payment?

They're looking at the end game, while you're celebrating a 1st down like a fucking Coog.

most here dont expect to live until 2025
    HA! Fair enough.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Because that's how it's always done. It will have your dems voting against it again in 7 years so there's that

Your concern is noted along wit Hondo's

Nice that you guys care. Thanks
    doogie said:

ATT will write off all payroll expenses this year and next year, regardless of this new tax law, right?

And, if they don't give the bonuses at all, they earn more profit, right?

How many times does it have to be said? They want to pay the bonus this year because they can deduct 35% of it. Next year its only 21%. Then downside is, the employee pays higher tax on it if done before the end of the year.

What part of that basic concept is lost on you?
    What would they pay if they didn't pay a bonus at all?

Not that I'm surprised. But the point is lost on you. That's great they are paying a bonus. True courage would be paying it after year end so the employees pay less taxes on it.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,073 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Paid shills have no interest in the truth.

I explained it. Does this mean you will light yourself on fire LEAVE!?
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Argue how I'm wrong. If you put together a valid argument that I'm wrong, then I'll leave.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

most Trump voters won't live until 2025
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter

They're looking at the end game, while you're celebrating a 1st down like a fucking Coog.
    You're?

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,073 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Argue how I'm wrong. If you put together a valid argument that I'm wrong, then I'll leave.
    Your if-then proposition is another, continuing farce. For the countless fucking times you've been asked to explain yourself - we're still waiting.

Everybody except Boobs knows who is the fucking fraud. Your explanation is the one we deserve. How much do they pay you to be here spewing this propaganda bullshit?

2001400ex said:

Not that I'm surprised. But the point is lost on you. That's great they are paying a bonus. True courage would be paying it after year end so the employees pay less taxes on it.
    You don't have a point. You're a butt hurt fag trying to explain why lower taxes and a bonus is bad thing

Good luck with that