Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump foe ATT announces Employee Bonuses

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
and $1B additional US investment when Trump signs tax bill.

If signed before year end, 200,000 ATT ee''s will get the bonus before year end.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    ATT is smart. Pay the bonuses this year so they get to deduct from their tax return. While employees pay more taxes on it this year. And they were going to invest in 2018 anyway for 5G. So why not announce it as part of the tax package?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

ATT is smart. Pay the bonuses this year so they get to deduct from their tax return. While employees pay more taxes on it this year. And they were going to invest in 2018 anyway for 5G. So why not announce it as part of the tax package?

Like Pavlov's Dog

Why would AT & T want their employees to pay more taxes on their bonuses?
    Shareholders are more important than employees
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Like Pavlov's Dog

What does it matter to the shareholders what personal income taxes that the companies employees pay?

Just when you were starting to come around, you go #teamhondo again.
    I'm not saying they want the employees to pay more in taxes. I'm saying the effect of their decision for the company to pay less in taxes costs the employees more in taxes.

Read for comprehension.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    hondo looking to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory

Welcome to the 2018 campaign - yeah Trump gave a giant jolt to the economy but still some corporation benefited so it sucks

Or something. Wouldn't want to be on that campaign

Hondo was against the tax cut but is now crying like a bitch because employees get a bonus base on the tax rate he didn't want to change

good effort good job

Welcome to the 2018 campaign - yeah Trump gave a giant jolt to the economy but still some corporation benefited so it sucks

Hondo was against the tax cut but is now crying like a bitch because employees get a bonus base on the tax rate he didn't want to change

good effort good job

If you believe that ATT gave that bonus because of the tax cut, I have a burger stand in Montana to sell you.
    2001400ex said:

good effort good job

If you believe that ATT gave that bonus because of the tax cut, I have a burger stand in Montana to sell you.
    Sure hondo. Maybe talk a walk in a vat of acid and try to find some perspective over all this
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited December 2017
    Now that net neutrality is repealed, they know they are going to be able to rape their customers more efficiently. That gift from the government, combined with free money from Trump, will trickle down to their employees. Maybe most of them will get a $200 bonus if they're lucky, while the CEO will get a $30 million dollar a year raise every year for the next 5 years. I'm guessing a billion dollars is chump change to ATT. Most of the tax savings these swindlers will receive will be used for share buybacks.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2017
    doogie said:

If signed before year end, 200,000 ATT ee''s will get the bonus before year end.

The tax bill allows the full deduction for new equipment if it is used to expand the company. That creates jobs. In info thinks jobs are created by taking more money from the company in taxes creates more jobs at the company. HTH
    Sledog said:

doogie said:

The tax bill allows the full deduction for new equipment if it is used to expand the company. That creates jobs. In info thinks jobs are created by taking more money from the company in taxes creates more jobs at the company. HTH
    Engrish please.
    edited December 2017
    So now you support a $15 minimum wage?

That being said. What do you bet they pay the bonuses before year end?
    Bill doesn't go far enough to benefit individual investors. Capital gains taxes should have been eliminated entirely. Fuck the corporations. Give them a tax cut to spur growth, but not the lion's share of it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2017
    Phone posting sucks.
    Sledog said:

doogie said:

The tax bill allows the full deduction for new equipment if it is used to expand the company. That creates jobs. ObamaHondo thinks jobs are created by taking more money from the company in taxes creates more jobs at the company. HTH
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    There are reasons to be skeptical of it but if you're a trickle down truther this is a victory. Long way to go though. Stop acting like you've won.

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Like Pavlov's Dog

This will always be true. Always.

There are reasons to be skeptical of it but if you're a trickle down truther this is a victory. Long way to go though. Stop acting like you've won.

I'm in a small corporation and part of my income is based on the overall year so this is a win for me on that level and on the personal level since my taxes go down and the standard deduction doubled. No kids and no mortgage. Just California income tax

If the growth projections pan out the dems will have a lot of explaining to do

It could always be better but based on what he ran on its a win.

And if a corp can pay 15 dollars an hour minimum wage with out the feds telling them to that's a win as well.

I'm in a small corporation and part of my income is based on the overall year so this is a win for me on that level and on the personal level since my taxes go down and the standard deduction doubled. No kids and no mortgage. Just California income tax

If the growth projections pan out the dems will have a lot of explaining to do

It could always be better but based on what he ran on its a win.

And if a corp can pay 15 dollars an hour minimum wage with out the feds telling them to that's a win as well.
    If we go into a recession in 2 years. Will you accept that responsibility and please to be doing the explaining?