Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Times have sure changed. I was a slacker in high school that only got my grades up senior year because I had plans to graduate early and get the fuck out of there and the vice principle said not with the 1.9 GPA I pulled first semester as a junior. So I got a 4.0 and stayed anyway

Got into UW rather easily. No extra curricular stuff or achievements. Just pay the 180$ a quarter and show up.

And walked 5 miles miles each way uphill to get there and was THANKFUL to do so before I dropped out

The good ole days when you could skip a quarter and use the tuition funds as seed money for a down payment on house.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hehe, bought my first home early 2000's and watched my equity go up 10x ... Went for a rebuild and watched my property tax go up enough to buy a small car.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,321
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Hehe, bought my first home early 2000's and watched my equity go up 10x ... Went for a rebuild and watched my property tax go up enough to buy a small car.

Fuck you...
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    So do we got a shot with this guy?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,290
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I got into UW on an affirmative action quota enrollment, did poorly while there, then got into an even better Grad School, did poorly there as well, and have been failing upwards due to my minority status ever since. VICTORY!

Orkin has a robust minority hiring program huh?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,583
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most of my high school friends applied to both Western and UW. Some only got accepted to UW, some only got accepted to Western, some to both or neither. It wasn't so cut and dry back then which had the higher standards. Anyway, I was fucking retarded and thought I was going to marry my high school girlfriend (and that this would actually be a good thing anyway), so I didn't want to move too far away. Only applied to Western. She dumped me first quarter of freshman year.

Fuuuuuuck me. Thankfully there's an Orkin franchise in Bellingham (figuratively speaking), otherwise I'd be one of those guys selling flowers from the Meridian offramp. There is a certain subset of people who roll their eyes at the concept of "white privilege," but, goddamn, I've done exactly the opposite of the "right thing" at every single major decision in life* and yet have managed to somehow fail my way to the very comfortable middle and want for pretty much nothing. My success is certainly a product of a broken system!...

*Fun example: Most of my friends bought their first homes either in the ~2005 time frame or ~2010 time frame and immediately watched their equity balloon. Me? Hell no. What could possibly go wrong with mortgaging yourself to the hilt in May of 2008?

Are you me? 2008 is when I mortgaged myself to the hilt as well. I stumbled into a grocery job that pays my mortgage, feeds my two kids, two dogs and allows me to upkeep my acre of land while still having enough extra to have an actual saving account. I also lucked into my companies old retirement plan before they switched to the more cost effective 401K. Being a 5'10" HWP white guy has been pretty good to me in spite of my being a clueless moron.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I only applied to UW for undergrad ... was never worried
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,165
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Times have sure changed. I was a slacker in high school that only got my grades up senior year because I had plans to graduate early and get the fuck out of there and the vice principle said not with the 1.9 GPA I pulled first semester as a junior. So I got a 4.0 and stayed anyway

Got into UW rather easily. No extra curricular stuff or achievements. Just pay the 180$ a quarter and show up.

And walked 5 miles miles each way uphill to get there and was THANKFUL to do so before I dropped out

Maybe you would have finished if you just got a horse to ride there like everyone else did at that time
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

sure TCU mba superiority guy
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Ok!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yep
    FirePete said:

Tequilla said:

sure TCU mba superiority guy
    Why would you question that?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I got into UW on an affirmative action quota enrollment, did poorly while there, then got into an even better Grad School, did poorly there as well, and have been failing upwards due to my minority status ever since. VICTORY!

The system works!
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I got a degree from the University of Washington without ever stepping foot on campus.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I got a degree from the University of Washington without ever stepping foot on campus.

That was court ordered, nothing to brag about
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,983
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

My wife wants this back when you’re done wearing it.