Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We? have some talent backfill work to do there.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sawyer is going to be a LB. He's not a Pac 12 level WR unless he puts on 40lbs and becomes a TE.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I mentioned a bit ago how Ohio State also had a 5* #2WR in the country and 4* top 100 WR in the 2019 class. Gee is a big time Recruit, but he's like 5th on the totem pole with the guys he'll be competing with
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I mentioned a bit ago how Ohio State also had a 5* #2WR in the country and 4* top 100 WR in the 2019 class. Gee is a big time Recruit, but he's like 5th on the totem pole with the guys he'll be competing with

If he is afraid of competition he will end up sucking anyways. He thinks he is going to play and rightfully so. He should. He was offered early and they wanted him. Good for him.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I don't look at it quite that way myself. I think Gee can hold his own with a crop of elite WR recruits, but to me the intangible is that Gee will be a West Coast kid coming all the way across country and most of those kids will be from within driving distance of home and it just kind of has the potential to be a more difficult assimilation process for kids from further away.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

Doogles said:

I don't look at it quite that way myself. I think Gee can hold his own with a crop of elite WR recruits, but to me the intangible is that Gee will be a West Coast kid coming all the way across country and most of those kids will be from within driving distance of home and it just kind of has the potential to be a more difficult assimilation process for kids from further away.
    One of them's from Texas and one is from St Louis. None of them are from Ohio.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Yeah, but still...
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This kid is 5'8 and they'll probably use him like Curtis Samuel, probably has nothing to do with Gee.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Meek said:

Doogles said:

St. Louis to Columbus is about a 6 hour drive...that is nothing.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

Doogles said:

St. Louis to Columbus is about a 6 hour drive...that is nothing.
    I am sure location of the recruits hometown will factor into the depth chart when they determine playing time.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The table is set for Gee now that he has the Washington offer. Of course his initial response was to brush it off and oversell his undying love for the school he is committed to (tOSU).

Now, however, he has 5-7 months to think about it and possibly come up with a story for why he flips.

During that time he will likely stop by a few UW games or practices, 90% of the random people in his ear will likely be telling him how awesome it would be if he stayed home, and several of his teammates could commit to UW and start getting on him.

He will never say, "The UW offer meant a lot to me and it's where I wanted to go" but he could devise one of the following stories to corroborate a "respect my decision. No interviews" tweet.
    - tOSU wasnt showing him enough love, didnt prioritize him
    - desire to stay home/ be a hometown hero won out
    - made a great connection to Junior Adams

Of course, the major caveat here is whether he has enough time to go through all this. If Rome and Bunkley or Bryant commit, Pete would likely shut down WR recruiting altogether.

I imagine the board now will be either Scott or Rome and LV or Bryant. Just can't see Pete taking any committments before getting Rome and Bryant on visits. All speculation of course.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    animate said:

_ "coach adams" got to know me better and assured that the process was unnecessarily slow and they have prioritized me and my fsp boys ... Sam has been working me like mad lately..."

I feel like this is inevitable *IF* UW really wants him and is willing to wait for him to decommit.

I'm not sure that's the case though.

I could see UW shutting WR recruiting down by mid August or early September at the latest and if that's the case I'm not sure Scott will be in the boat yet.

If we take two more WR commits and Scott's still a Buckeye, I think it's over it.

This one could go either way IMO.