Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who to hire at OC?

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    How is Tedford doing ?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,481 Founders Club
    I have a Fresno guy at the gym. Tedford is doing a great job. Pass it on
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Cal wasn't exactly great on offense this year, but Baldwin would be a good choice I think. He is a little pass heavy though, and I'd prefer an OC who is of the 65-35% run mindset

I don't think such a person exists anymore outside of service academics.
    I'm afraid this is excessive OCD combined with total geekery, but that isn't true.

Below are the FBS offenses that rushed the ball at least 63% of the time, sorted by Yards/Play, compared to UW's offense. I set a Mendoza line at 6 yds/play, which is shown with a dotted line.

The offenses that are actually good and run the ball a LOT (>63%) aren't limited to triple option offenses at all. They are a mix of spread, more traditional pro-style, and truly multiple offenses.
    @AIRWOLF where did Notre Dame finish on that list?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Cal wasn't exactly great on offense this year, but Baldwin would be a good choice I think. He is a little pass heavy though, and I'd prefer an OC who is of the 65-35% run mindset

I'm afraid this is excessive OCD combined with total geekery, but that isn't true.

Below are the FBS offenses that rushed the ball at least 63% of the time, sorted by Yards/Play, compared to UW's offense. I set a Mendoza line at 6 yds/play, which is shown with a dotted line.

The offenses that are actually good and run the ball a LOT (>63%) aren't limited to triple option offenses at all. They are a mix of spread, more traditional pro-style, and truly multiple offenses.
    They ran the ball just under 62% of the time and averaged 6.42 yards/play, so they would have been right in the thick of things if I hadn't cut off the Rush% at 63%. So another run-first offense that was pretty successful overall, basing out of the spread.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

They ran the ball just under 62% of the time and averaged 6.42 yards/play, so they would have been right in the thick of things if I hadn't cut off the Rush% at 63%. So another run-first offense that was pretty successful overall, basing out of the spread.
    I got a little moist fantasizing thinking about that system with #OurYankoff.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    edited November 2017

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Guys off the Briles coaching tree are killing it (or raping it, more likely) in this analysis. Kendall Briles is OC at Florida Atlantic, Sterlin Gilbert is OC at South Florida (he was with Strong at Texas last year), and Tulsa had a down year this year, but has been a really good offense in the recent past under Philip Montgomery (HC).

Lots of people think of the Briles system at Baylor as being pass-happy, but that isn't really the case.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,481 Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Guys off the Briles coaching tree are killing it (or raping it, more likely) in this analysis. Kendall Briles is OC at Florida Atlantic, Sterlin Gilbert is OC at South Florida (he was with Strong at Texas last year), and Tulsa had a down year this year, but has been a really good offense in the recent past under Philip Montgomery (HC).

Lots of people think of the Briles system at Baylor as being pass-happy, but that isn't really the case.
    Similar to Chip Kelly

All the spread and wide outs and pass looks is done to get numbers favorable to run on

don't I sound like a fucking color anal - ist
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Lubick will remain co OC/WR coach at the very least. If Helfrich wants to get back into coaching, u gotta think Petersen and Chip are battling it out for his services. Bringing Helfrich on as a co OC/QB coach is a no brainer. If no Helfrich, I'd guess Lubick gets promoted to full time OC/WR and we hire a QB coach no one is talking about.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    A horse kicked me in the head and now I can't do maff.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Fuck yes. Hire Helfrich. Or promote Lubuick. Or abundance.

DO IT