Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who to hire at OC?

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I'd like to see Hamden as QB coach, not sure if I want an OC who has been nothing but a position coach.

I could see this board throwing a party if he was named OC because we remember how great of a recruiter he was.

Fast forward 12 months and it's "Fucking Stupid Peterman fucked up the OC hire AGAIN by hiring a fucking terrorist with no play calling experience."

I'll die swinging with Bush if he's a bust.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Just adopt Wisconsin model. Bring over their 'OC' . Recruit 5ol a year and get down to business running ball. Chryst may call plays, but i want their OCINO who pulls those big strong fella's every play like they do We used to run that offense back in the day, i want it back.

Never should rely on the pass to win a game. Be able to...but dont ever do it.

That was washibgton football. Would love to see a run first approach and a pro style ball control QB
    We dont want a pocket qb like Sirmon. Jake is a great rush eluder. Keeps eyes downfield, stays behind LOS while WR's get open. He's awesome at it.. Just like Darnold. Difference? Jake doesn't have the arm or confidence to get the ball there so he throws out bounds or runs out bounds. If JB had a big arm he'd be going pro this year.

We need Yankoff in Pete's system. He would be dynamic, we wouldnt have lost to ASU. Stanford? Maybe. Yankoff . But in Pete's system wont run as much. But there will be read option and designed run. Told all ya'll, this spring is going to be the best in long time. Just gotta keep Chip off his hip. He's gonna hound him to commit
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    Bush is the choice..

Recruiting will be saved
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Baseman said:

Jack Swarthout

Jim Swarthout’s brother?
    No Jack Swarthout, of the Coney Island Swarthouts.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

how bout Les Miles i mean they canned his ass at LSU because he ran to much

Back Door Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    I would prefer an experienced oc that is not going to be taken to the woodshed by an experienced D.C.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,551 Standard Supporter

Just adopt Wisconsin model. Bring over their 'OC' . Recruit 5ol a year and get down to business running ball. Chryst may call plays, but i want their OCINO who pulls those big strong fella's every play like they do We used to run that offense back in the day, i want it back.

That was washibgton football. Would love to see a run first approach and a pro style ball control QB
    We dont want a pocket qb like Sirmon. Jake is a great rush eluder. Keeps eyes downfield, stays behind LOS while WR's get open. He's awesome at it.. Just like Darnold. Difference? Jake doesn't have the arm or confidence to get the ball there so he throws out bounds or runs out bounds. If JB had a big arm he'd be going pro this year.

We need Yankoff in Pete's system. He would be dynamic, we wouldnt have lost to ASU. Stanford? Maybe. Yankoff . But in Pete's system wont run as much. But there will be read option and designed run. Told all ya'll, this spring is going to be the best in long time. Just gotta keep Chip off his hip. He's gonna hound him to commit
    Yankoff would win the Heismann with Baldwin as OC. 3000 yds passing, 750 rushing. Baker mayfield who?

Best hope it is at UW.

Mark it Down in ink.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Yankoff would win the Heismann with Baldwin as OC. 3000 yds passing, 750 rushing. Baker mayfield who?

Best hope it is at UW.

Mark it Down in ink.
    Yankoff is so good. I love him.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam

Cal wasn't exactly great on offense this year, but Baldwin would be a good choice I think. He is a little pass heavy though, and I'd prefer an OC who is of the 65-35% run mindset

64 - 36 would be better
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam

Thank God you still live with your roommates ......such a dumb fuck
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Get Bush. Alabama is proof that as long as you recruit, even a total fucktard OC can't keep you from winning (except when they forget to run the ball).
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Get Bush. Alabama is proof that as long as you recruit, even a total fucktard OC can't keep you from winning (except when they forget to run the ball).

Well Sark is 0-1
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Our oc is pretty fucking shitty. Take him
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I would prefer an experienced oc that is not going to be taken to the woodshed by an experienced D.C.

BALDWIN
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Well Sark is 0-1
    What part of "except when they forget to run the ball" did you fail to understand?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited November 2017
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Getting a young up and coming guy

Smith was once a young up and coming guy... how did that work out? And whats wrong with old and white? Meyer and Saban are both old and white. So is Kawasaki.

No doubt the coach needs to play to the strengths of the players, but at the same time, the coach needs to recruit and develop the players to fit well in the team's overall philosophy.

Horton doesn't just run, but he runs a lot, and I like that. And he ran on Furd and ASU, in a year that we lost to both, and he probably did it with mostly 1 and 2 star recruits.

SDSU rushing: 3027 passing: 1895 (61% run yards 39% pass yards)

WASH rushing: 2278 passing: 2662 (46% run yards 54% pass yards)

Horton has also been a QB coach and knows the pass. I suspect he knows how to play to his player's strengths, but also knows how to develop the players to fit in the teams identity.

Hamden might be fine, I don't really know. He hasn't been an OC yet, and who knows if he wants to leave the NFL after 1 year.