Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who to hire at OC?

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    My money is on Center
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Jack Swarthout

Jim Swarthout’s brother?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,521 Founders Club

Just adopt Wisconsin model. Bring over their 'OC' . Recruit 5ol a year and get down to business running ball. Chryst may call plays, but i want their OCINO who pulls those big strong fella's every play like they do We used to run that offense back in the day, i want it back.

Never should rely on the pass to win a game. Be able to...but dont ever do it.

Petersen is pass happy and 90% of college and pro football are too at this point
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Felix Sweetman
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Dennis Erickson
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Dennis Erickson

I'd be okay with him as a offensive quality control consultant.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Just adopt Wisconsin model. Bring over their 'OC' . Recruit 5ol a year and get down to business running ball. Chryst may call plays, but i want their OCINO who pulls those big strong fella's every play like they do We used to run that offense back in the day, i want it back.

Petersen is pass happy and 90% of college and pro football are too at this point
    Yeah just like Stanford, Georgia and Wisconsin. conference championship and possible playoff champ contenders (all power, i-formation).. Alabama the same , and a has a few trophy's to show for it. With Hurtz, they still run power, just with their QB now.
    Auburn, a power team, sits at #2. Run-1st teams, all of them.

Oklahoma is the exception...and they wont get past the 1st round. So I dispute your notion 90% are pass happy. They just run power out the gun now. And play good defense. (Oklahoma the exception)

Oh, 90% of NFL teams are still Run 1st. Green Bay and To a lesser extent New England have found a way to win dinking and dunking. Cant win in NFL without running ball 1st, and being good at it.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2017

That was washibgton football. Would love to see a run first approach and a pro style ball control QB
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

That was washibgton football. Would love to see a run first approach and a pro style ball control QB
    QB that can run power in today's game give you another dimension to your offense, it's hard to stop.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Hamdan was good at recruiting, but didn't he hate it? Once you get in the NFL it's sort of the golden ticket no? Look how many shitty coaches get hired, fired, hired, fired...he's young enough to play his way in to the old boys club.

Where did you get the idea he hated it?
    Who in their right mind wouldn't?
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    how bout Les Miles i mean they canned his ass at LSU because he ran to much
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

how bout Les Miles i mean they canned his ass at LSU because he ran to much

His passing game was anemic. The 2015 edition made this year's Jake Browning passing O look like the 2007 Patriots.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,238 Swaye's Wigwam
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'd like to see Hamden as QB coach, not sure if I want an OC who has been nothing but a position coach.

I could see this board throwing a party if he was named OC because we remember how great of a recruiter he was.

Fast forward 12 months and it's "Fucking Stupid Peterman fucked up the OC hire AGAIN by hiring a fucking terrorist with no play calling experience."

If that happens, it’s all on Pete and it’s his offense that sucks, not just the coordinator.

Right now, I think it’s been a little of both combined with a weak QB. His offense doesn’t suck, but I wouldn’t classify Pete as an offensive genius like he once was.

A great coach, program builder, and a keen talent/development eye... He has all of that. He also seems to be too analytical and stubborn with his offense, especially compared to our defense.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited November 2017
    Omarr Smith. He knew how to sling the rock when he was the head coach of the Los Angeles KISS.

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I'd like to see Hamden as QB coach, not sure if I want an OC who has been nothing but a position coach.

I could see this board throwing a party if he was named OC because we remember how great of a recruiter he was.

Fast forward 12 months and it's "Fucking Stupid Peterman fucked up the OC hire AGAIN by hiring a fucking terrorist with no play calling experience."

Why is this an unacceptable outcome?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    chuck said:

Yeah just like Stanford, Georgia and Wisconsin. conference championship and possible playoff champ contenders (all power, i-formation).. Alabama the same , and a has a few trophy's to show for it. With Hurtz, they still run power, just with their QB now.
    Auburn, a power team, sits at #2. Run-1st teams, all of them.

Oklahoma is the exception...and they wont get past the 1st round. So I dispute your notion 90% are pass happy. They just run power out the gun now. And play good defense. (Oklahoma the exception)

Oh, 90% of NFL teams are still Run 1st. Green Bay and To a lesser extent New England have found a way to win dinking and dunking. Cant win in NFL without running ball 1st, and being good at it.
    Pumpy where's the funny? Quit fucking with your meds. Almost anyone not named ballzdeep can come on here and make sense. We expect more from you. Actually we demand it.
    Point taken chucky