Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fake News

13»

Comments

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,577

I don’t think this will happen but would be awesome if it did. I wouldn’t mind TCU in the Alamo Bowl as well. Couldn’t hurt our Texas recruiting if we could beat them in Texas.

“Holy shit! A team I couldn’t care less about just beat another team I couldn’t care less about in a bowl game I didn’t even watch. WOOF!”

I don't know. TCU has always been pretty entertaining in the Alamo Bowl
    We’ve lost two national championship games, bro. You think I give a single fuck about that Alamo Boal?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

We would get skull fucked.

That’s a pussy way to think about things.
    See Browning vs. Bama.
    Everyone on this board wanted to play in the CFP this year and now you are afraid of Georgia? Ok!
    I wanted to be in the CFP not afraid of Georgia at all. But, Browning is so bad, I don't see how we are able to move the ball if they stop the run. Whatever, I'm being a pussy.
    Great self recognition.

And you can only use skull fucked when referencing Kenny Lawler.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited November 2017
    2001400ex said:

See Browning vs. Bama.
    Everyone on this board wanted to play in the CFP this year and now you are afraid of Georgia? Ok!
    I wanted to be in the CFP not afraid of Georgia at all. But, Browning is so bad, I don't see how we are able to move the ball if they stop the run. Whatever, I'm being a pussy.
    Great self recognition.

Hey look who's on the football bored Hondo!!1!!!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited November 2017

2001400ex said:

See Browning vs. Bama.
    Great self recognition.

Hey HondoFS you really want to get in a pissing match?

You had to edit that? The first response was better.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

See Browning vs. Bama.
    Great self recognition.

Hey HondoFS you really want to get in a pissing match?

You had to edit that? The first response was better.
    #IStandWithHer fuck off.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club

Chintresting because Furd would be punished for making it to said CCG and losing, and Washington would be rewarded for not making it at all and leapfrog the team that beat them. Only in cfb would such logic prevail, and it just might.

As for being skulled by Georgia ... Georgia ain't bama boy. Best get that straight. I think Washington could beat Georgia. It wouldn't be that big a surprise to me.

Unless USC completely blows the doors off Stanford (which won’t happen) the I highly doubt this scenario plays out even if TCU ends up losing too.
    The other thing is, with all the poor mouthing that this conference does, and some of it is in fact justified, I'm not sure Stanford gets to join in the whining. They don't get quite the pass that USC gets, but the country does give them a pass. Just as SC is the national brand for West coast 'traditional power', Stanford has developed a national brand as the West coast 'tuff' program. They are viewed as a Big 10-type 'blue collar' (I'm running out of cliches) program and they get national play because of that and because it is the single highest combo of academis and competitive D1 sports ... no school that matches them in that category. Not one.
    Stanford has earned that brand. They are the premier program of the PAC 12 in its 7 years of existence. Shaw don't care if he blows an early game or 2. By November they are a physical monster of a team.

UW was able to use its speed but as the old coach said, fast players slow down, big players don't get small.

If you get out on them early and pile it on they tend to flounder. Let them stay around hitting you and you tend to lose
    In the past 7 years, Oregon has been in the title game twice while Stanford has never had a sniff.
    So? Who has the most league titles?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Chintresting because Furd would be punished for making it to said CCG and losing, and Washington would be rewarded for not making it at all and leapfrog the team that beat them. Only in cfb would such logic prevail, and it just might.

As for being skulled by Georgia ... Georgia ain't bama boy. Best get that straight. I think Washington could beat Georgia. It wouldn't be that big a surprise to me.

Unless USC completely blows the doors off Stanford (which won’t happen) the I highly doubt this scenario plays out even if TCU ends up losing too.
    The other thing is, with all the poor mouthing that this conference does, and some of it is in fact justified, I'm not sure Stanford gets to join in the whining. They don't get quite the pass that USC gets, but the country does give them a pass. Just as SC is the national brand for West coast 'traditional power', Stanford has developed a national brand as the West coast 'tuff' program. They are viewed as a Big 10-type 'blue collar' (I'm running out of cliches) program and they get national play because of that and because it is the single highest combo of academis and competitive D1 sports ... no school that matches them in that category. Not one.
    Stanford has earned that brand. They are the premier program of the PAC 12 in its 7 years of existence. Shaw don't care if he blows an early game or 2. By November they are a physical monster of a team.

UW was able to use its speed but as the old coach said, fast players slow down, big players don't get small.

If you get out on them early and pile it on they tend to flounder. Let them stay around hitting you and you tend to lose
    In the past 7 years, Oregon has been in the title game twice while Stanford has never had a sniff.
    So? Who has the most league titles?

You care about conference titles now?

Since the discussion is about who is the best conference team....uh...yes

Since the discussion is about who is the best conference team....uh...yes

The discussion was about premier program.

I'll take 2 conference titles + 2 national games over 3 titles and jack shit, bbut it it's close.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    I'm hoping to play bama in the cotton bowl. If we win we can still claim the ESPN national championship!
    USC is always the premier program but the pac12 is only 7 years old.

49-7. Oregon who?

USC is always the premier program but the pac12 is only 7 years old.

49-7. Oregon who?

It's funny how USC and the LOADED South haven't win the conference since expansion.
    I expect that trend to continue this year
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

I don’t think this will happen but would be awesome if it did. I wouldn’t mind TCU in the Alamo Bowl as well. Couldn’t hurt our Texas recruiting if we could beat them in Texas.

The only thing you can recruit in San Antonio is fat Mexican chicks. Hard pass.
    Let he who has never gone gordita-hogging cast the first stone I always say.