Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fake News

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford should be punished for blowing a second chance at SC in a game that mattered more and losing to fucking Coog. MW loss as well.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

I don’t think this will happen but would be awesome if it did. I wouldn’t mind TCU in the Alamo Bowl as well. Couldn’t hurt our Texas recruiting if we could beat them in Texas.

Alamo bowl is the worst 2nd place bowl of every conference...AAC and MWC included. Its an embarrassment for the 2nd best top-bottom conference in america
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Off topic but did anyone else notice that stupid ESPN commercial about bowl games that starts with, “I’ve seen a Bowl of Cotton that was anything but soft...”

doesn’t have a single PAC-12 team highlight?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959

Chintresting because Furd would be punished for making it to said CCG and losing, and Washington would be rewarded for not making it at all and leapfrog the team that beat them. Only in cfb would such logic prevail, and it just might.

As for being skulled by Georgia ... Georgia ain't bama boy. Best get that straight. I think Washington could beat Georgia. It wouldn't be that big a surprise to me.

Unless USC completely blows the doors off Stanford (which won’t happen) the I highly doubt this scenario plays out even if TCU ends up losing too.
    The other thing is, with all the poor mouthing that this conference does, and some of it is in fact justified, I'm not sure Stanford gets to join in the whining. They don't get quite the pass that USC gets, but the country does give them a pass. Just as SC is the national brand for West coast 'traditional power', Stanford has developed a national brand as the West coast 'tuff' program. They are viewed as a Big 10-type 'blue collar' (I'm running out of cliches) program and they get national play because of that and because it is the single highest combo of academis and competitive D1 sports ... no school that matches them in that category. Not one.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

We would get skull fucked.

That’s a pussy way to think about things.
    See SmithFS vs. Bama.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club

Chintresting because Furd would be punished for making it to said CCG and losing, and Washington would be rewarded for not making it at all and leapfrog the team that beat them. Only in cfb would such logic prevail, and it just might.

As for being skulled by Georgia ... Georgia ain't bama boy. Best get that straight. I think Washington could beat Georgia. It wouldn't be that big a surprise to me.

Unless USC completely blows the doors off Stanford (which won’t happen) the I highly doubt this scenario plays out even if TCU ends up losing too.
    The other thing is, with all the poor mouthing that this conference does, and some of it is in fact justified, I'm not sure Stanford gets to join in the whining. They don't get quite the pass that USC gets, but the country does give them a pass. Just as SC is the national brand for West coast 'traditional power', Stanford has developed a national brand as the West coast 'tuff' program. They are viewed as a Big 10-type 'blue collar' (I'm running out of cliches) program and they get national play because of that and because it is the single highest combo of academis and competitive D1 sports ... no school that matches them in that category. Not one.
    Stanford has earned that brand. They are the premier program of the PAC 12 in its 7 years of existence. Shaw don't care if he blows an early game or 2. By November they are a physical monster of a team.

UW was able to use its speed but as the old coach said, fast players slow down, big players don't get small.

If you get out on them early and pile it on they tend to flounder. Let them stay around hitting you and you tend to lose
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    To get UW to move into top 10 and perhaps the Cotton Bowl - Ohio St, TCU, USC, and UCF need to lose. Stanford would jump UW but UW would move up 3 spots.
    Georgia, Miami, Auburn, Clemson, Oklahomo, Wisconsin losing will not affect UW – at most maybe come up one spot.

ACC and SEC playoff doesn’t impact UW but B1014 and B1210 do – root for Badgers and Homo to win.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Just need top 12
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    tOSU being "guaranteed" a spot while potentially being a 10-3 team with the worst loss of any of the top 12 is some horseshit. The Big Ten doesn't deserve a third team in the NY6 if that's the resume.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,577

I don’t think this will happen but would be awesome if it did. I wouldn’t mind TCU in the Alamo Bowl as well. Couldn’t hurt our Texas recruiting if we could beat them in Texas.

“Holy shit! A team I couldn’t care less about just beat another team I couldn’t care less about in a bowl game I didn’t even watch. WOOF!”

• BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658

You mean like USC and Colorado last year? ;)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club
    edited November 2017

“Holy shit! A team I couldn’t care less about just beat another team I couldn’t care less about in a bowl game I didn’t even watch. WOOF!”

I don't know. TCU has always been pretty entertaining in the Alamo Bowl
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

This is why you build a brand in college ball. This is why we said UW would have a long road back when they gave up football. Shit has consequences.

Just keep piling up the seasons and we are a brand again

Nonsense. Best 4 teams built off conference champions. Has zero to do with a fucking brand. Has to do with SEC being in bed with ESPN. It effects the dipshit poll voters who are swayed by espn, and faggy espn SOS metrics which are as arbitrary as SEC team rankings, falsehoods about the SEC's core conference strength etc..

usc has a better brand than any SEC team historically yet gets no respect with 2 losses. How is USC, Washington so far down with 2 losses? Auburn in playoffs with wins no more significant than USC's? Georgia is junk. Havent beaten anybody. Alabama hasnt beaten anybody. Yet beating them is seen as a movement of God's hand.

Gimmie 6-8 teams. I want it played on field. Enough of SEC. Clemson would lose to USC in a playoff. They wont get chance. I pray Wisconsin gets in. They can beat oklahoma on the ground alone. If 2 SEC teams get in you can kiss 4-team playoff goodbye. Give Pup chaos
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited November 2017
    Georgia is going to beat Auburn.

Stanford has earned that brand. They are the premier program of the PAC 12 in its 7 years of existence. Shaw don't care if he blows an early game or 2. By November they are a physical monster of a team.

UW was able to use its speed but as the old coach said, fast players slow down, big players don't get small.

If you get out on them early and pile it on they tend to flounder. Let them stay around hitting you and you tend to lose
    In the past 7 years, Oregon has been in the title game twice while Stanford has never had a sniff.
    LebamDawg said:

To get UW to move into top 10 and perhaps the Cotton Bowl - Ohio St, TCU, USC, and UCF need to lose. Stanford would jump UW but UW would move up 3 spots.
    Georgia, Miami, Auburn, Clemson, Oklahomo, Wisconsin losing will not affect UW – at most maybe come up one spot.

ACC and SEC playoff doesn’t impact UW but B1014 and B1210 do – root for Badgers and Homo to win.

Ohio State and TCU are the only two that matter. Memphis/UCF winner and Stanford/USC winner are in.

This is why you build a brand in college ball. This is why we said UW would have a long road back when they gave up football. Shit has consequences.

Just keep piling up the seasons and we are a brand again

Nonsense. Best 4 teams built off conference champions. Has zero to do with a fucking brand. Has to do with SEC being in bed with ESPN. It effects the dipshit poll voters who are swayed by espn, and faggy espn SOS metrics which are as arbitrary as SEC team rankings, falsehoods about the SEC's core conference strength etc..

usc has a better brand than any SEC team historically yet gets no respect with 2 losses. How is USC, Washington so far down with 2 losses? Auburn in playoffs with wins no more significant than USC's? Georgia is junk. Havent beaten anybody. Alabama hasnt beaten anybody. Yet beating them is seen as a movement of God's hand.

Gimmie 6-8 teams. I want it played on field. Enough of SEC. Clemson would lose to USC in a playoff. They wont get chance. I pray Wisconsin gets in. They can beat oklahoma on the ground alone. If 2 SEC teams get in you can kiss 4-team playoff goodbye. Give Pup chaos
    If you had the top 8 teams this year, there would be 3 SEC teams and no Pac-12 teams.