Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's wrong with the defense?

2»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

DT/NG: We have 2 future NFL guys in Virta and Gains and a bunch of other interior DL that actually look pretty good but I think some of these guys are playing too heavy, we have no pass rush and little edge contain because we are overly focused on just playing two gap standup defense even on pass plays.

DE: Bowman and Bartlett actually both look decent as pass rushers, potato and the rest look like they are on a weight and speed program to plug the middle and replace Vea and Gains.

LB: Who the fuck cut off the supply of Rino Cum (tm)? Azeem looked like shit all season, Bieria looks weak and got run over all game last night, everyone is small, Mcintosh should have been moved to LB a season ago, Beavers is forgotten, and BBK is our best LB

CB: all either midgets, injured, or injured midgets

S: Rapp eyes dawg is the only good player, the other safeties hit like hard mother fuckers but are nothing more than high functioning retards in coverage.

The biggest worry moving forward has got to be LB, we look small, unathletic, and slow with very few young guys ready to come in and compete or improve next year. Every other position can be fixed with a little bit of better coaching.

No pass rush:

We have a scheme. When our D linemen are doubled they do not attempt to break through on pass plays. they simply spy. I've mentioned this before. Tedford had Vita and Gaines doubled every play vs. Fresno because he knows this having worked at UW. I don't get it, I know they can't get to the QB all the time but to not try because the ball comes out quick seems silly. We usually rush 3 or 4 we need a few more blitzes to keep them honest and not using up 4 to block 2. Of course when singled both Gaines and Vea kick ass.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Houhusky said:

DT/NG: We have 2 future NFL guys in Virta and Gains and a bunch of other interior DL that actually look pretty good but I think some of these guys are playing too heavy, we have no pass rush and little edge contain because we are overly focused on just playing two gap standup defense even on pass plays.

DE: Bowman and Bartlett actually both look decent as pass rushers, potato and the rest look like they are on a weight and speed program to plug the middle and replace Vea and Gains.

LB: Who the fuck cut off the supply of Rino Cum (tm)? Azeem looked like shit all season, Bieria looks weak and got run over all game last night, everyone is small, Mcintosh should have been moved to LB a season ago, Beavers is forgotten, and BBK is our best LB

S: Rapp eyes dawg is the only good player, the other safeties hit like hard mother fuckers but are nothing more than high functioning retards in coverage.

The biggest worry moving forward has got to be LB, we look small, unathletic, and slow with very few young guys ready to come in and compete or improve next year. Every other position can be fixed with a little bit of better coaching.

beavers forgotten? he looks good
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

whuggy said:

Forgot to add that I think while Joyner is a very mediocre
    CB he could be one hell of an Earl Thomas free safety.
    Fast and hard hitting. You take a lot of his hitting game
    away from him at CB.

Yep. He would be a better nickel or safety. He’s good though.
    He is supposed to be playing nickel.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    It isn't complicated.

As others have noted, lack of edge rush is a real problem. The injury issue with the CBs is the other big problem.

A shitty offense doesn't help any either.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    CBs need to defend against the pass and not just run with the receiver and then try to tackle them after they catch it. Giving up way too many 3rd and long plays.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

this is correct.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

this is correct.

Myles Bryant in particular. He has no business playing defense. He's no NateRob.

Maybe they could fit him into the offense?!