Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's wrong with the defense?

Don't give up 30 points for 2 years and then give that up in back to back games.

I mean, they got bailed out by Browning and Vizcaino.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    They had a couple of bad weeks. Twats track record says they will be fine and get back to normal.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Well, we* better get it fixed before Game Marks comes to town
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford figured out we don't cover the inside slant with our bend-don't-break zone defense, and we didn't care enough to fix that for Utah.

Difference is Stanford would catch those passes and Utah receivers had a number of drops
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Murphy was clearly still hobbling and other other cb's are awful
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    DT/NG: We have 2 future NFL guys in Virta and Gains and a bunch of other interior DL that actually look pretty good but I think some of these guys are playing too heavy, we have no pass rush and little edge contain because we are overly focused on just playing two gap standup defense even on pass plays.

DE: Bowman and Bartlett actually both look decent as pass rushers, potato and the rest look like they are on a weight and speed program to plug the middle and replace Vea and Gains.

LB: Who the fuck cut off the supply of Rino Cum (tm)? Azeem looked like shit all season, Bieria looks weak and got run over all game last night, everyone is small, Mcintosh should have been moved to LB a season ago, Beavers is forgotten, and BBK is our best LB

CB: all either midgets, injured, or injured midgets

S: Rapp eyes dawg is the only good player, the other safeties hit like hard mother fuckers but are nothing more than high functioning retards in coverage.

The biggest worry moving forward has got to be LB, we look small, unathletic, and slow with very few young guys ready to come in and compete or improve next year. Every other position can be fixed with a little bit of better coaching.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    I'd like to see Joyner get a little bigger and play LB. I think biggest problem is the corners. Good thing is that WSU QBs throw picks and throw to a lot of midgets. What will happen in apple cup is they will catch some passes early and then get alligator arms as the game rolls on. Same thing happened to Utah.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    DBs have been extremely bad the last 2 weeks.

The 3rd and long conversions have really killed us and that's the biggest difference between Stanford/Utah and the rest of the year. We were giving up 8 yard draw plays to Rutgers as well. We were just stopping them when we needed to. When you keep lettingbteams off the hook on 3rd and 8+, you're defense is going to look like shit.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    Houhusky said:

S: Rapp eyes dawg is the only good player, the other safeties hit like hard mother fuckers but are nothing more than high functioning retards in coverage.

The biggest worry moving forward has got to be LB, we look small, unathletic, and slow with very few young guys ready to come in and compete or improve next year. Every other position can be fixed with a little bit of better coaching.

So much this, though to be fair Wellington flashed a bit to me last night. He might be a gamer.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

So much this, though to be fair Wellington flashed a bit to me last night. He might be a gamer.
    I will be so happy if Ngata, Beavers, Wellington, and Eifler surpass BBGAY