Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's shocking revelation

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

At least he's not dismissing it as "locker room talk" and threatening to sue his accuser.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Taking responsibility >>>>>>>>>>>>>> deflecting
    Of course it is.

It's almost like being caught saying something offensive and being caught doing something offensive are different things. You can't deflect the accusation of forcing your tongue in someone's mouth as "locker room talk", nor a picture of you pretending to feel someone up while their asleep as "locker room talk". Franken's deflected a ton of offensive things he's said over the years. This is a completely different situation.

On the scales of what is worse than something else Actual rape >>>> pseudo fondling >>>>>>>>>>>> saying something offensive.

Actions are bigger than words, even in this pussy society. Comparing the response to wrong words to the response of wrong action is fucktarded. And I've defended Franken in this and can't stand Trump.

*> = worse.

All that being said Jake Browning sucks.
    Let's see, there's:

Al Franken ("actual rape", apology, submission to Ethics Committee and probable career over);

And... you've got Kevin Spacey ("actual rape") deflect - career over;

Louis C.K. (masturbating in front of women, apology - career over);

Harvey Weinstein ("actual rape" - deflect, career over and possible prosecution);

Roy Moore ("actual rape" - fondling a 14-year old, plying an underaged teenager with alcohol and forcibly coming onto another in a parking lot and dating numerous other teenage girls) - denial, still running for Senate in Alabama and will probably win;

Trump has gone well beyond words if you listen to his many, many accusers.

Besides admitting to touching "locker room talk," actual walking into dressing rooms of half-dressed teenage pageant hos... there was the Ivana Trump rape allegation in a deposition which she backed off from due to an NDA, an unwanted kiss ("actual rape") of Temple Taggart, Jill Harth - groping (actual rape?), Natasha Stoynoff, pushed against a wall and unwanted kiss ("actual rape"), Jessica Leeds - groped on plane (actual rape?), Summer Zervos, "actual rape" and then some - suing). And Trump has deflected, and his voters were willing to look the other way to keep Killary out of the White House.

Leaving aside some other names who have been caught up in this whole thing, like Oliver Stone, Roy Price, Ben Affleck, the US women's gymnastics team doctor, etc. - from the political standpoont the gap between Franken and Troomp/Moore seems pretty wide.

And I reckon this shit goes a lot further, what with the use of NDAs and settlements to cover things up. And if worse comes to worse, you can just flee the country if you're popular with Euroartfags like Roman Polanski.

And the thing is - the people who actually apologize are opening themselves up to civil suit and possibly criminal prosecution depending on the circumstances. It's an incredibly dangerous thing to do that no lawyer would ever advise you to do, in terms of your own personal liability.

Let's see what the people in Alabama decide to do. I don't think the guy Moore's running against ever raped or harassed anyone, although I suppose we're probably going to find out as the oppo research machine gets into full gear.

Oh yeah, and Butbillclinton? Got his shit dragged through the mud in the 1990's. Not much came of it then when there was no incentive for a woman to hold back. But who knows, maybe more women will come forward now. If there was ever an opportune moment, this is it.

The locker room talk deflection was in response to the thing he said, not a thing he did. I'm not Trump apologist. I'm just ponting out that you're comparing apples and orange presidents.

The rest is TLDR
    Trump denied the rest, just like Moore.

also...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/al-franken-accuser-accepts-his-apology/article/2640931
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

At least he's not dismissing it as "locker room talk" and threatening to sue his accuser.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Of course it is.

It's almost like being caught saying something offensive and being caught doing something offensive are different things. You can't deflect the accusation of forcing your tongue in someone's mouth as "locker room talk", nor a picture of you pretending to feel someone up while their asleep as "locker room talk". Franken's deflected a ton of offensive things he's said over the years. This is a completely different situation.

On the scales of what is worse than something else Actual rape >>>> pseudo fondling >>>>>>>>>>>> saying something offensive.

Actions are bigger than words, even in this pussy society. Comparing the response to wrong words to the response of wrong action is fucktarded. And I've defended Franken in this and can't stand Trump.

*> = worse.

Let's see, there's:

Al Franken ("actual rape", apology, submission to Ethics Committee and probable career over);

Harvey Weinstein ("actual rape" - deflect, career over and possible prosecution);

Roy Moore ("actual rape" - fondling a 14-year old, plying an underaged teenager with alcohol and forcibly coming onto another in a parking lot and dating numerous other teenage girls) - denial, still running for Senate in Alabama and will probably win;

Besides admitting to touching "locker room talk," actual walking into dressing rooms of half-dressed teenage pageant hos... there was the Ivana Trump rape allegation in a deposition which she backed off from due to an NDA, an unwanted kiss ("actual rape") of Temple Taggart, Jill Harth - groping (actual rape?), Natasha Stoynoff, pushed against a wall and unwanted kiss ("actual rape"), Jessica Leeds - groped on plane (actual rape?), Summer Zervos, "actual rape" and then some - suing). And Trump has deflected, and his voters were willing to look the other way to keep Killary out of the White House.

Leaving aside some other names who have been caught up in this whole thing, like Oliver Stone, Roy Price, Ben Affleck, the US women's gymnastics team doctor, etc. - from the political standpoont the gap between Franken and Troomp/Moore seems pretty wide.

And I reckon this shit goes a lot further, what with the use of NDAs and settlements to cover things up. And if worse comes to worse, you can just flee the country if you're popular with Euroartfags like Roman Polanski.

And the thing is - the people who actually apologize are opening themselves up to civil suit and possibly criminal prosecution depending on the circumstances. It's an incredibly dangerous thing to do that no lawyer would ever advise you to do, in terms of your own personal liability.

Let's see what the people in Alabama decide to do. I don't think the guy Moore's running against ever raped or harassed anyone, although I suppose we're probably going to find out as the oppo research machine gets into full gear.

Oh yeah, and Butbillclinton? Got his shit dragged through the mud in the 1990's. Not much came of it then when there was no incentive for a woman to hold back. But who knows, maybe more women will come forward now. If there was ever an opportune moment, this is it.

The locker room talk deflection was in response to the thing he said, not a thing he did. I'm not Trump apologist. I'm just ponting out that you're comparing apples and orange presidents.

The rest is TLDR

also...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/al-franken-accuser-accepts-his-apology/article/2640931
    "Locker room talk" is still just a red herring here regarding Franken's apology and is completely irrelevant.

That is all.
    edited November 2017
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Of course it is.

*> = worse.

Let's see, there's:

The rest is TLDR

also...

"Locker room talk" is still just a red herring here regarding Franken's apology and is completely irrelevant.

That is all.
    Disafuckingree. When a public figure brags on the radio about sexually assaulting people and there are multiple people who credibly claim that that public figure sexually assaulted them - it sounds a lot like Moore, and worse than Franken (unless something worse comes out, which, you know, probably will).
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    It's not assault if they want to bang
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

And you don't get laid 100% of the time you don't ask.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    2001400ex said:

Ask??
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2017
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Of course it is.

*> = worse.

Let's see, there's:

The rest is TLDR

also...

That is all.
    Disafuckingree. When a public figure brags on the radio about sexually assaulting people and there are multiple people who credibly claim that that public figure sexually assaulted them - it sounds a lot like Moore, and worse than Franken (unless something worse comes out, which, you know, probably will).
    Funny how all of Trump's accusers magically appeared when Clinton became his opponent and then vanished after he won. It's almost like she paid them. Trump is president fag. No amount of crying and fake news from your side is going to change that.

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Of course it is.

*> = worse.

Let's see, there's:

The rest is TLDR

also...

That is all.
    Funny how all of Trump's accusers magically appeared when Clinton became his opponent and then vanished after he won. It's almost like she paid them.
    lawsuit's still pending

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Of course it is.

*> = worse.

Let's see, there's:

The rest is TLDR

also...

That is all.
    Funny how all of Trump's accusers magically appeared when Clinton became his opponent and then vanished after he won. It's almost like she paid them. Trump is president fag. No amount of crying and fake news from your side is going to change that.
    That's what happens when an accuser gets death threats. But clearly woman are liars and Trump is not capable of ever forcing himself on a woman.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rape-sexual-assault-minor-wife-business-victims-roy-moore-713531
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    This thread is a bad look for lots of you.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,228 Standard Supporter
    He should resign immediately and a special election should be scheduled!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

You hate Trump more than I do.

Sledog said:

Franken. A woman has accused him. No evidence needed by Democrat rules. He should resign yesterday.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Franken. A woman has accused him. No evidence needed by Democrat rules. He should resign yesterday.
    Your hypocrisy makes it hard to tell who you're talking about.
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Your hypocrisy makes it hard to tell who you're talking about.
    Just applying the left's rules for republicans to their own. Odd you think it's wrong but I'm the hypocrite?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

Yikes.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,073 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Frankenpology:

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t. I shouldn’t have done it.”
    Hope this doesn't take him down because he's one of my favorite people in politics.

This won't be a popular opinion ... and I'm not saying I agree with his political conclusions, so don't twist. But I actually think Franken is one of the few in office doing the job for the right reason*. I love watching him make Sessions squirm.

*unlike the polar opposite paid shill on this bored that's #still here
    edited November 2017
    pawz said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology:

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t. I shouldn’t have done it.”
    Hope this doesn't take him down because he's one of my favorite people in politics.

This won't be a popular opinion ... and I'm not saying I agree with his political conclusions, so don't twist. But I actually think Franken is one of the few in office doing the job for the right reason*. I love watching him make Sessions squirm.

*unlike the polar opposite paid shill on this bored that's #still here
    Your obsession is noted.