Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huard on Browning

Needs to elevate his game put this team on his back. Has yet to do so.

Needs to take the next step... time will tell.

Yankoff, can you get in here winter quarter? Please?

Comments

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Needs to elevate his game put this team on his back. Has yet to do so.

Needs to take the next step... time will tell.

Yankoff, can you get in here winter quarter? Please?

The time has been told, Huard. It's never going to happen.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club

Glad to see the Pupster back

Are we?

Well, as long as he makes vulgar posts about buttstuff on a regular basis.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Stop hating on Jake. Coaches fault for not focusing on the run attack and how to make Jake a good supplement to that game planning.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club

Focus on the coaches? Yeah duh.

I’ve been saying for years our fucking QB recruiting is awful and we need someone to push Jake you fuckbag.

Doesn’t mean Jake doesn’t pee himself constantly.

Would be nice if we had the “shit show” that is Skinny Eason right about now. Boy was he awful at UGA.

Might be nice to have Justin Herbert too. Oh well. Good thing we offered him a week after Oregon did in fucking October or whatever. Could’ve offered him in the spring off his junior film, but who does that?

I mean, every fucking moron dickwad around here was telling me we were set for the future at QB and wouldn’t need anyone else.

NEWSFLASH YOU SHIT FOR BRAINSES: YOU ALWAYS NEED TALENT.

People get injured, get worse (especially when there is no competition, weird right?!?) suck, leave early, etc.

I can’t remember whether it was here or dawgman (shows you how blind you idiots are about talent acquisition that I can’t remember) but someone was arguing with me that it was underestimating Jake to say that he’d need competition to push him. He’d never had it in HS and look at his HS numbers!!!

Can not understate the importance of having athletes compete for playing time, even at QB. Seem to remember there was like this one year where we had 2 pretty good QBs who had to compete again each other and we won a Natty or half of one. Something like that...

In my personal experience, I can remember a few guys on my teams at UW who were definitely good enough just on raw talent to be in the top boats, but the coach never made them actually have to "earn it" by exposing them to competition. End result was you had a few individuals who only had to put in 75% of the normal effort and still were assured a "pre ordained" spot.
    Not 81%?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

I’ve been saying for years our fucking QB recruiting is awful and we need someone to push Jake you fuckbag.

Would be nice if we had the “shit show” that is Skinny Eason right about now. Boy was he awful at UGA.

Might be nice to have Justin Herbert too. Oh well. Good thing we offered him a week after Oregon did in fucking October or whatever. Could’ve offered him in the spring off his junior film, but who does that?

I mean, every fucking moron dickwad around here was telling me we were set for the future at QB and wouldn’t need anyone else.

People get injured, get worse (especially when there is no competition, weird right?!?) suck, leave early, etc.

I can’t remember whether it was here or dawgman (shows you how blind you idiots are about talent acquisition that I can’t remember) but someone was arguing with me that it was underestimating Jake to say that he’d need competition to push him. He’d never had it in HS and look at his HS numbers!!!

Can not understate the importance of having athletes compete for playing time, even at QB. Seem to remember there was like this one year where we had 2 pretty good QBs who had to compete again each other and we won a Natty or half of one. Something like that...

In my personal experience, I can remember a few guys on my teams at UW who were definitely good enough just on raw talent to be in the top boats, but the coach never made them actually have to "earn it" by exposing them to competition. End result was you had a few individuals who only had to put in 75% of the normal effort and still were assured a "pre ordained" spot.
    Not 81%?
    Nope. 81% is football speak. Doesn't translate to row boat.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950

Not 81%?
    Nope. 81% is football speak. Doesn't translate to row boat.
    So, what you're saying is that rowing is a $75K sport?
    Baze, you would puke 30 seconds into row boat. So would I, but that's another discussion.