Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When you’ve lost FishDuck you’ve lost Quook Nation

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
http://fishduck.com/2017/11/get-realistic-oregon-is-not-elite-and-wont-be-again/

LOL

Now back to my regularly scheduled division titled-contending programming...

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Writing this sort of stuff is no way to stay unblocked on the @UOduckgirl Twitter feed
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Duck fans are ridiculous. Nothing matters in football except for the people. Chip and his 2010 roster could play out of a shed in North Dakota and they would have smashed people.

I kind of get it because most Duck fans weren't alive the last time they fired a coach or don't remember Rich Brooks' first 17 years of shit so they think the world is ending. The AD has always stressed infrastructure over people as well which is a bad idea.

Sling let the players get a soft mindset, didn't make them lift, and was a super lazy recruiter. UW wasn't a better program, Seattle wasn't a better city, and they didn't have a better coach the previous 25 years. They hired a recruiter, then hired a coach. The talent level is quickly settling back down at UW but they will play good football for the foreseeable future.

Oregon fired the pussy and replaced him with a tough recruiter. It will take three or four years to be good again regardless of what Doogs or Quooks think. Top 10 recruiting classes in the Pac-10 means you will fall down backwards into 9 win seasons if you can't coach. USC has been proving this forever.

LIPO. Big time athletes that lift and don't play like pussies will cure all. It might not make you elite, but you can punch with anyone.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Oregon is a track school–always has been and always will be. Oregon hit the radar in football for a few good years, but it appears that it was a wonderful blip.

You might not like it, but corrupt, sullied or not in its achievement, Washington has one Two more football national championship (sic) than Oregon, and if I was a betting man, I would wager on them getting another before Oregon ever has a chance.

You thinking that 1960 banner you awarded yourself in 2007 is real?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Last Saturday night, I watched Oregon get schooled and smoked in every aspect of a football game and thought, “Geez, if only WE could have gotten Chris Petersen a few years back.” But we couldn’t have, because Washington is a better program, Seattle is a better city and UW is closer to being elite than Oregon.

@oregonblitzkrieg

acceptance is the first step
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Baseman said:

Oregon is a track school–always has been and always will be. Oregon hit the radar in football for a few good years, but it appears that it was a wonderful blip.

You might not like it, but corrupt, sullied or not in its achievement, Washington has one Two more football national championship (sic) than Oregon, and if I was a betting man, I would wager on them getting another before Oregon ever has a chance.

I must admit that it was a desperate move by Douchehelmet Turner and garnered many eyerolls and shaking of the head from yours truly. DH was trying to generate excitement without emphasizing winning on the field and hanging onto Lionel's rotting corpse on the sideline.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    from the comments section:

real fans who know the game will not write off this team until Taggart gets his guys in there and the roster is full of a 2 deep that can play

this coaching staff came from all over the darn country - they cant be expected to gel the first season - especially since their first recruiting class was mostly Helfrich's guys that didn't bail

Oregon football has excellent opportunities to become an ELITE program in the next few years with the current coaching staff

god i fucking love the internet
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Duck fans are ridiculous. Nothing matters in football except for the people. Chip and his 2010 roster could play out of a shed in North Dakota and they would have smashed people.

I kind of get it because most Duck fans weren't alive the last time they fired a coach or don't remember Rich Brooks' first 17 years of shit so they think the world is ending. The AD has always stressed infrastructure over people as well which is a bad idea.

Sling let the players get a soft mindset, didn't make them lift, and was a super lazy recruiter. UW wasn't a better program, Seattle wasn't a better city, and they didn't have a better coach the previous 25 years. They hired a recruiter, then hired a coach. The talent level is quickly settling back down at UW but they will play good football for the foreseeable future.

Oregon fired the pussy and replaced him with a tough recruiter. It will take three or four years to be good again regardless of what Doogs or Quooks think. Top 10 recruiting classes in the Pac-10 means you will fall down backwards into 9 win seasons if you can't coach. USC has been proving this forever.

LIPO. Big time athletes that lift and don't play like pussies will cure all. It might not make you elite, but you can punch with anyone.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/42101/willie-taggart/p1
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Michigan State is a traditional power?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mosster47 said:

Baseman said:

I must admit that it was a desperate move by Douchehelmet Turner and garnered many eyerolls and shaking of the head from yours truly. DH was trying to generate excitement without emphasizing winning on the field and hanging onto Lionel's rotting corpse on the sideline.
    And yet, Doogs loved that shit revisionist history then and love it even more now.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Michigan State is a traditional power?

Compared to Oregon
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fact is: Helfrich did a very up and down job as head coach -- he got the 2014 team to play well, but players got hurt and Carrington missed the natty, and the inside LBs stunk up the joint and let Ezekial run unmolested all day long -- tough luck - it happens
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

monster never ceases to amaze
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

1960 was a real title at the time. As real as many of Bama's

The revision was to eliminate it. I have contemporary documents proving that

Self loathing doogs hate facts

When did UW first claim it?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    I had this argument with Duck fans in the mid 2000s. They were tired of winning 6-9 games with Bellotti. I told them to be happy with what you have since you were worthless trash prior to 1994 and you're not, nor will you ever be anything near a blueblood. Turns out I was wrong for a few years, but they've crashed and burned like I knew they would, and no real coach wants to go there. All the hype and nonsense doesn't matter now. Best case scenario: They get back to 2010-2013 levels by 2021 or so and I seriously doubt that happens. It would take another diamond in the rough find like Chimp and those are rare.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 was a real title at the time. As real as many of Bama's

The revision was to eliminate it. I have contemporary documents proving that

Self loathing doogs hate facts

When did UW first claim it?
    After the Rose Bowl Helms voted them champs. It's in contemporary press guides