Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Vea

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
Preseason I said I thought Gaines was just slightly better than Vea because to me, last year, he distorted the pocket a bit more. Um, yeah. Gaines is a fucking beast, but Vea has elevated himself into a different level. The fact that we have 2 of our 5 best DL of the last 30 years on the same field, in their prime, at the same time, is so fucking bad ass I'll be hard the rest of the year.

1) Empterman
2) Vea
3) Triplett
4) Shelton
5) Gaines

That's my list. Go back another 5 years and you can add Ron Holmes, but I was a kid so not sure where'd I slot him.

So, here's some tits to celebrate our riches.

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Swaye said:

Preseason I said I thought Gaines was just slightly better than Vea because to me, last year, he distorted the pocket a bit more. Um, yeah. Gaines is a fucking beast, but Vea has elevated himself into a different level. The fact that we have 2 of our 5 best DL of the last 30 years on the same field, in their prime, at the same time, is so fucking bad ass I'll be hard the rest of the year.

1) Empterman
    2) Vea
    3) Triplett
    4) Shelton
    5) Gaines

That's my list. Go back another 5 years and you can add Ron Holmes, but I was a kid so not sure where'd I slot him.

I’d put Gaines above Shelton. I’d put Holmes #3 on the list above.

The most dominant lineman I remember was Reggie Rodgers. Empterman was more consistent for longer but Reggie Rodgers...Wow just wow
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Swaye said:

1) Empterman
    2) Vea
    3) Triplett
    4) Shelton
    5) Gaines

The most dominant lineman I remember was Reggie Rodgers. Empterman was more consistent for longer but Reggie Rodgers...Wow just wow
    I totally forgot Rogers. Though to be fair I said 30 years. Whcih is the year he left for the NFL and running over teenagers. Dude was legit.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Swaye said:

Baseman said:

Swaye said:

1) Empterman
    2) Vea
    3) Triplett
    4) Shelton
    5) Gaines

I totally forgot Rogers. Though to be fair I said 30 years. Whcih is the year he left for the NFL and running over teenagers. Dude was legit.
    I M old.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Ron Holmes is some where on that list.

Also Greg Gaines is >>>>>>Tripplett.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Holmes played DE. Very good player but Reggie Rogers is probably more fitting on your list since your list is of interior lineman. Reggie was also a basketball player, he used speed more so than power, kind of like a DE. Very fun to watch, but not nearly as impressive as watching Empterman completely destroy people with a combination of speed and power, taking their manhood from them in the process. That guy was a complete freak. Easily one of the greatest college defensive tackles of all time.

I agree with a lot of this post. But Holmes played more inside, Rogers outside. They were both phenomenal.

Very true. However, if I recall correctly Holmes was rostered as a DE, and Reggie a DT. Chinterestingly, both were first team All Americans as Defensive Ends, Holmes in 1984 and Rogers in 1986. Reggie was bigger and faster than Holmes, better outside, but IMO anyway, Holmes was more physical, better inside. Both phenomenal players though, totally agree.

But more importantly, back to this:

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam
    Cant believe you forgot to add Mike Lustyk. Empterman was only a 2 star.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited November 2017

Gong back to Dave Pear under Owens UW had a tradition of war daddies on the D line. At least one. We got way away from that until Petermen came along

I love the term War Daddy.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Love both the beasts. Vea has been playing more assignment sound this season. Gaines plying well but banged up, he's always assignment sound.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Swaye said:

Gong back to Dave Pear under Owens UW had a tradition of war daddies on the D line. At least one. We got way away from that until Petermen came along

Makes me hard.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Makes me hard.
    Pics?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Swaye said:

Makes me hard.
    Pics?
    I call him little jimmy.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited November 2017

Tank Johnson was underrated and inconsistent but had a pretty solid pro career

dude he was beast with da bears. granted he played next to tommy harris at his prime when he was the best 2 tech DT in the leauge. That bears DL was fucking money. It is shame that great defense like that was wasted on a shitty ass quarterback. reminds of uw