Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Huffman is one of the reasons why a lot of Washington state players are overranked. His player comparisons are hilarious.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Bowman sucks. Please don’t compare either Will or Pete to Bowman. Thx.

2nd team Pac 12 last year. He’s been playing or starting since his freshman year. You have a great track record of evaluations, so I’ll take your word that he sucks.
    Please actually watch him especially against Oregon.
    You make the dumbest points. Our whole front 7 got bets against Oregon. Herbert wasn’t touched all game. I’ve watched him for three years.
    Not really. Please watch the first 3 quarters. We gassed in the 4th. Levi, Tuli, Taki, Jo, and Joe was whipping em up front. https://youtu.be/asvUpksYYb0
    We didn’t have one sack, but okay. We barely could stop them in the 2nd half. I’m not going to rewatch that shit.
    Ok. We had a billion pressures in that game. They could hardly run the ball until we gassed because all of our DL depth was FR. You don’t want to rewatch because you’re wrong. Pete and Kyler Manu/Wellington was what lost us that game.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

dnc said:

2nd team Pac 12 last year. He’s been playing or starting since his freshman year. You have a great track record of evaluations, so I’ll take your word that he sucks.
    You make the dumbest points. Our whole front 7 got bets against Oregon. Herbert wasn’t touched all game. I’ve watched him for three years.
    Ryan Bowman has been annointed as Exhibit A for the "proof that we arent serious about football" for the 2020 season by the podcasters. Past delegates included 4 year starter Nick Harris and Pac 12 defensive player of the year BBK
    In their? defense they? were right about Kyler Manu.

Bat .250 then popoff!
    Manu hardly played at all before his senior year. All the other guys had played a lot and were productive yet still got random posts about them sucking.
    Don’t disagree but WHYTF don’t we have better option than Manu? Gaines and Jaylon left but we still have Levi, Tuli, Taki, and the kids— Pama, Tui, Bandes, Nagalu, and DB.

At DB, we lose Murphy, Miller, and Rapp and in steps McDuffie, Williams, and Asa. Williams struggled but showed flashes. I don’t need to explain McDuffie.

Kyler Manu was our best option at LB and that’s ok?? 😂😂😂😂😂
    He wasn’t the best option. We saw that once Ulo played.
    For 2/3's of the season Bob thought Manu was the best option.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Oregon’s offensive game plan = where was Kyler Manu and you a lesser degree Brandon Wellington

Fuck Bob Gregory

Literally what I just said...
  • Options
    Our DBs abuse their WRs. DL was very very good for 3 quarters and was getting off blocks. Even when they gassed they were holding up. it was bad reads by Manu/Welly. ExposeD Manu and Welly with screens and RPOs. That’s all they did.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020

Not really. Please watch the first 3 quarters. We gassed in the 4th. Levi, Tuli, Taki, Jo, and Joe was whipping em up front. https://youtu.be/asvUpksYYb0
    Agreed. Even in the 4th when our D Line was gassed they were doing enough to make a mess at the line of scrimmage and clog up holes. So. Many. Explosive. Plays. made against our linebackers that game. Manu was the main culprit but Wellington had a few misses as well. If our LBs have even a C level game we would have won.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'll never understand why Lake/K/Gregory took Ngata out of that MLB role he played in the first half to sub in lead-footed fatsos with all the eye-black in the world in Manure and Beef Wellington.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Beno4Life said:

I'll never understand why Lake/K/Gregory took Ngata out of that MLB role he played in the first half to sub in lead-footed fatsos with all the eye-black in the world in Manure and Beef Wellington.

Even though Ngata made plays, he didn't play "disciplined" while Manu was a regular in the film room, when asked knew all the assignments, and never missed a practice. Actually.

Wellington looked worse when he was trying to cover for Manu, who was historically bad.

Knowing the assignments in practice is not the same as executing them in games. Manu had all the answers for the coaches until the lights came on. He cheated, overshooting gaps, trying to overcome his physical limitations and left Wellington alone trying to clean up the mess.

I can't express enough how bad Gregory is and the mindset that permeated the team. Overachieving upperclassman know the playbook and know what the coaches want to hear and see in practice. It's why they kept running Fuller and Baciella together, series after series, It's why in fall camp Haener "duked it out" with Eason and it's why Gregory stuck with Manu for so long.

Players make plays. In games. Pretenders live in the film roam and study coach speak.

Funny how Puka made an instant impact when he finally saw the field then returned to the bench until he could grasp more of the playbook.

This mindset is the El Oh El of the conference. The joke is on us.
  • Options
    Edit feature not working. Behind the scenes, Vanilla has all the right reads, tho
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Well, he committed
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Linebacker Pride.

If only Bob Gregory had this much pride in his recruiting ability
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020
    Couldn't somebody at UW say, "no Will, you're not going to sit at a table all by yourself in your front yard for your commitment video. We'll make something for you."

His commitment interview on 247 was not very enthusiastic at all either. Was very "yeah, I think it's a good place for me. I've always liked UW".