Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Where did his brother end up? Academic non-qualifier? In that terrible game against Kennedy Catholic, he looked like a monster. If this ends up being a twofer, I like the odds of at least one good player out of the family.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Where did his brother end up? Academic non-qualifier? In that terrible game against Kennedy Catholic, he looked like a monster. If this ends up being a twofer, I like the odds of at least one good player out of the family.

Snow College in Utah
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Latu is incredibly athletic when he’s at a good weight. He’s not been at a good weight lately so his athleticism has naturally dropped.

He’s the kind of kid who is high risk/high reward. He could never get into good shape and be totally worthless or get back into shape and be a stud.

Considering the dumpster fire of UW recruiting I think he’s very worth the risk.

Also gives UW the inside track on Pete if he can make it through JUCO and that guys a total baller.

Bump

This is a good get
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    In today's covid times ... I welcome any positive news not named Trump's orange skin.

Welcome to Washington Will. Please recruit your ass off as if Bobby G is in a coma ... Oh wait ....
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Have Tracy Ford and Hee Scott weighed in yet on Twitter? They are usually very quick to congratulate and commend FSP kids on their college choices

They are all about supporting the local FB community, great point.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He looked like he was at a funeral.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Baseman said:

Beno4Life said:

I'll never understand why Lake/K/Gregory took Ngata out of that MLB role he played in the first half to sub in lead-footed fatsos with all the eye-black in the world in Manure and Beef Wellington.

Even though Ngata made plays, he didn't play "disciplined" while Manu was a regular in the film room, when asked knew all the assignments, and never missed a practice. Actually.

Wellington looked worse than he was trying to cover for Manu, who was historically bad.

Knowing the assignments in practice is not the same as executing them in games. Manu had all the answers for the coaches until the lights came on. He cheated, overshooting gaps, trying to overcome his physical limitations and left Wellington alone trying to clean up the mess.

I can't express enough how bad Gregory is and the mindset that permeated the team. Overachieving upperclassman know the playbook and know what the coaches want to hear and see in practice. It's why they kept running Fuller and Baciella together, series after series, It's why in fall camp Haener "duked it out" with Eason and it's why Gregory stuck with Manu for so long.

Players make plays. In games. Pretenders live in the film roam and study coach speak.

Funny how Puka made an instant impact when he finally saw the field then returned to the bench until he could grasp more of the playbook.

This mindset is the El Oh El of the conference. The joke is on us.
    I can't chincredible this enough

This is the type of behavior that you see from coaches or executives or whoever is in a position of influence that forgets what the fundamentals are to being great and transitions to we're great because of my genius or culture or whatever.

First order of business is that there are core traits that are requirements to being successful. In sports, you have to have a core level of athletic ability. You can know everything (like Manu) but if you can't physically do the job it doesn't matter. IF there is ANYTHING that should be taken away from last year by EVERY single coach on staff it is that if you can't do the job athletically then you can't do the job. That's a full stop.

I get trying to instill a culture that stresses how important it is to do all of the details correctly. The reality is that it is important. Once you get the athletic ability at the right level, the next level of differentiators comes down to the little details. But the little details can't be your culture.

What 2019 really showed was that the staff didn't value winning as the outcome of their culture ... they viewed their culture as being more important than winning. And the reality is that your culture is only worth a damn if you deliver results. If you aren't delivering results, I don't give two shits about what your culture is because it's not one that I want to emulate.
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The worst and saddest commit video since 1998! Good god

And injury to insult....
    He had only one real hat to choose from! Jesus!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Kid looks at least 260 in that video
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

The worst and saddest commit video since 1998! Good god

And injury to insult....
    He had only one real hat to choose from! Jesus!

Thanks for watching!
    Just hope JTs video is better! Don’t want a Ducks hat in that low quality of video!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    He picked the only school that wanted him
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He picked the only school that wanted him

Dude will be an all conference DT at the rate he is going. I don’t mind that