Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Big question now is how is his weight? Has he worked hard to get it down and is he working on his quickness and speed. Or is he like me and working from his kitchen table well within the reach of anything edible and tempting?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ektard has upgraded his dong to almost full mast with a 9 incher
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm 100% fine and excited about taking Latu if our recruiting ethos from the beginning had been "we are putting a fence around the state and prioritizing local guys" (as it should have been for this year.) However, after jerking around Simon and Alexander (who I'm sure we'll circle back to once Troy Franklin commits to Oregon next week), and holding off on Latu until now, this just feels like a desperation move on a rudderless ship.

The rudderless ship is a foregone conclusion at this point. I’m grateful the ship is pointing in a positive direction, if but for a moment.

And there’s always the possibility, slim as it may be, that Jimmy is figuring things out. I spoke out against the hire say one and surely haven’t seen anything to change my mind. However, he’s a first time first year head coach. The possibility exists for him to learn. This isn’t Ty Willingham at his third program (ISAFNRC!).

I’m not at all optimistic but I’m grateful for this specific move.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    I just hope that we get more guys with a CHIP on their shoulder. Hopefully losing most of his commitable offers will piss him off and get him in the weight room.

Lots of bitching about being soft, sitting out bowl games and the like. Give me a guy who doesn't quite have a position but plays with a grudge over a mid tier soft as Charmin 4* like Wellington.
  • Options

Bowman sucks. Please don’t compare either Will or Pete to Bowman. Thx.

2nd team Pac 12 last year. He’s been playing or starting since his freshman year. You have a great track record of evaluations, so I’ll take your word that he sucks.
    Please actually watch him especially against Oregon.
    You make the dumbest points. Our whole front 7 got bets against Oregon. Herbert wasn’t touched all game. I’ve watched him for three years.
    Ryan Bowman has been annointed as Exhibit A for the "proof that we arent serious about football" for the 2020 season by the podcasters. Past delegates included 4 year starter Nick Harris and Pac 12 defensive player of the year BBK
    In their? defense they? were right about Kyler Manu.

Bat .250 then popoff!
  • Options

dnc said:

2nd team Pac 12 last year. He’s been playing or starting since his freshman year. You have a great track record of evaluations, so I’ll take your word that he sucks.
    You make the dumbest points. Our whole front 7 got bets against Oregon. Herbert wasn’t touched all game. I’ve watched him for three years.
    Ryan Bowman has been annointed as Exhibit A for the "proof that we arent serious about football" for the 2020 season by the podcasters. Past delegates included 4 year starter Nick Harris and Pac 12 defensive player of the year BBK

Bat .250 then popoff!
    Manu hardly played at all before his senior year. All the other guys had played a lot and were productive yet still got random posts about them sucking.
    Agree. Nick Harris was my guy to defend. BBK was yours. We were both right.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

Bat .250 then popoff!
    Manu hardly played at all before his senior year. All the other guys had played a lot and were productive yet still got random posts about them sucking.
    Don’t disagree but WHYTF don’t we have better option than Manu? Gaines and Jaylon left but we still have Levi, Tuli, Taki, and the kids— Pama, Tui, Bandes, Nagalu, and DB.

At DB, we lose Murphy, Miller, and Rapp and in steps McDuffie, Williams, and Asa. Williams struggled but showed flashes. I don’t need to explain McDuffie.

Kyler Manu was our best option at LB and that’s ok?? 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Not really. Please watch the first 3 quarters. We gassed in the 4th. Levi, Tuli, Taki, Jo, and Joe was whipping em up front. https://youtu.be/asvUpksYYb0
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    They just attacked Manu with RPOs, screens, and in the run game. That’s basically how they won that game. DL was very very good even when gassed. LBs just wasn’t making plays.
  • Options
    Ballz_MomBallz_Mom Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Not a recruiting guru but still think he ends up being a better Ryan Bowman and I’m good with that. The one game I saw he looked like one of the few true football players it there.

You think he'll be better?

Huffman has been pissy with UW fans for the last few months but I've never seen him publicly shit talk a recruit more than this guy. His take on dawgman is essentially
    -he sucks
    -if he had any other commitable offers he'd be heading elsewhere
    -UW is in a position where they have to take him because their recruiting is going so poorly

Wonderful
    Huff was pissed because Ektard has been saying UW dropped Latu.

Huff posted on dawgman that UW was still recruiting. The DM loyalist tough talkers pushed against Huff.

I'd be pissed too if I am Huff. He may not have sources other than the kids and their parents but he doesnt make shit up like the dawgman goons.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ballz_Mom said:

Not a recruiting guru but still think he ends up being a better Ryan Bowman and I’m good with that. The one game I saw he looked like one of the few true football players it there.

Huffman has been pissy with UW fans for the last few months but I've never seen him publicly shit talk a recruit more than this guy. His take on dawgman is essentially
    -he sucks
    -UW is in a position where they have to take him because their recruiting is going so poorly

Wonderful

Huff posted on dawgman that UW was still recruiting. The DM loyalist tough talkers pushed against Huff.

I'd be pissed too if I am Huff. He may not have sources other than the kids and their parents but he doesnt make shit up like the dawgman goons.
    Tell him he’s welcome here, right @sonics1993
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ballz_Mom said:

-he sucks

Wonderful

UW is partially at fault for enabling this shit.

Kill that bullshit propaganda site now