Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wasting redshirts.

13»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    TTJ said:

...Cause I live a sad and miserable life I actually watched the UW-Cal game. They were discussing it how Sark told them he was thinking about burning his redshirt against Cal...

I will see your sad and miserable life and raise you a pathetic existence: I attended the Cal "game" and watched it live.
    LEAVE!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

wait... so the best players shouldn't be playing?

If I wanted to talk to people who couldn't understand the difference between best PLAYER and best 3RD STRINGER, I would just go to another website.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

wait... so the best players shouldn't be playing?

If I wanted to talk to people who couldn't understand the difference between best PLAYER and best 3RD STRINGER, I would just go to another website.
    I think it's in everybody's best interest here if you did go to a different website..
  • wait... so the best players shouldn't be playing?

I think it's in everybody's best interest here if you did go to a different website..
    Disagree.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2013

Well, I think that gets back to the quality of player being recruited, don't you?

I think it gets back to the fact there's plenty of talent on this team. Outside of the lines, we don't have a bunch of openings for true frosh. The problem is coaching.

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    Since the season is over and its officially offseason might as well talk football...

Blowing redshirts is fine for a) people who are contributing this year or b) people who look like they will be depended on (i.e. fighting for a starting spot) the following year.

I have no issues with Ross, Stringfellow, Walker, or King playing as Ross was contributing and the other 3 have a decent chance to start next year. Fucking stupid to burn the redshirt on Mathis, Farria, and Daniels. And there should be a fucking rule that if you are an OL and under 290 you are redshirted and have a year to put on weight before being shitcanned out (Brostek...talking about you).

• beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    Wow kevin king should be in weight room that dude is a pixie stick, that was worst burnt shirt
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    beelzebub said:

Wow kevin king should be in weight room that dude is a pixie stick, that was worst burnt shirt

Sadly, Kevin King played more than the other guys mentioned sans Ross