Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wasting redshirts.

Comments

• Meek said:

freshmen get dinged up because they're too small and weak. where the fuck are Dixon from the SEC and Brandon Beaver?

They play in garbage time. Dixon has the dreads and Beaver wears #9 and often looks lost when he does get in there.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Oh, did you see how well king played before he got dinged up? Did you see the depth at safety? Bend over and kiss your hairless asshole that we have quality redshirts to burn.

Is having a hairless asshole an insult?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    dnc said:

the best player plays. Always. IF you've done your job, that player helps you win regardless of position.

If he's good enough to help you win as a freshman, he would not be around for a 5th year anyway... and that's a good thing.

Which of them besides Ross is helping us win?
    Well, I think that gets back to the quality of player being recruited, don't you?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

the best player plays. Always. IF you've done your job, that player helps you win regardless of position.

If he's good enough to help you win as a freshman, he would not be around for a 5th year anyway... and that's a good thing.

You're fucking stupid. So, you're saying that players that play well as true frosh don't play their senior years?

You should be shot. That's the fucking doogiest piece of shit I've read. No wonder our fans belong in a fucking home for Mongoloids. This is the level we 'think' on?

Kasen was a good player as a true frosh, no way was he leaving this year. Same for James Johnson, Sean Parker, John Timu, Erik Kohler, Desmond Trufant, Kevin Smith, Jesse Callier, Princeton Fuimaono and everyone else you fuckhead.

JUST. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Unless I'm being wooshed, your fingers should be cut off with rusty scissors and while Sark is shitting on your face.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

You're fucking stupid. So, you're saying that players that play well as true frosh don't play their senior years?

You should be shot. That's the fucking doogiest piece of shit I've read. No wonder our fans belong in a fucking home for Mongoloids. This is the level we 'think' on?

Kasen was a good player as a true frosh, no way was he leaving this year. Same for James Johnson, Sean Parker, John Timu, Erik Kohler, Desmond Trufant, Kevin Smith, Jesse Callier, Princeton Fuimaono and everyone else you fuckhead.

JUST. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Unless I'm being wooshed, your fingers should be cut off with rusty scissors and while Sark is shitting on your face.
    Defending Sark burning redshirts with, "They probably won't be here a 5th year anyways" is straight out of the doog playbook.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    On the other hand players get worse the longer they are here. We should spread out the first game of the true freshmen across the season so we can get their best games. Yes it would normally be stupid to say playing early is better than a 5th year player but not at Worshington. They usually are suddenly seniored or medical drop outs long before then
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    How else can Sark's Husky roster remain forever young and inexperienced if a significant number of high schoolers aren't playing prematurely and unready for the bigtime each and every year? And who says the Husky varsity is so overloaded with veteran talent that there isn't room for fresh meat on Saturday night under the lights? Redshirts are for burning........ so fuck that.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    This mantra of 'the best players should play' is dumb. Sure, if a true frosh is the best guy we have at a position, OF COURSE HE SHOULD PLAY.

But, it's like saying if you have $500 today and are kind of horny, then you should just spend that money on a prostitute any time you have $500 and are kind of horny.

OR--YOU COULD FUCKING CONTROL YOURSELF and save your money, then use it for something important down the line.

It's not that complicated... there's an easy cost/benefit on this stuff, but Sark is too fucking dumb to do it and Doogs are too fucking dumb to question anything Sark says or does.
    wait... so the best players shouldn't be playing?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    edited October 2013

...Looking at the Kevin Smith example, it's very similar to Ty wasting Cesar Rayford's sophomore season. Was Rayford ever going to be an All PAC 10 player? Probably not but fuck, give the guy an extra season in the weight room and a chance to add 20 pounds and he might've done something at UW...

This is no joke. Rayford, now 267 pounds, has appeared in 5 games for the Dallas Cowboys this season. The guy was a mega talent, and TW never scratched the surface (a la Hemphill, Chambers, Reece).
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club
    Fucking running off Hemphill was a damn crime.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

This mantra of 'the best players should play' is dumb. Sure, if a true frosh is the best guy we have at a position, OF COURSE HE SHOULD PLAY.

But, it's like saying if you have $500 today and are kind of horny, then you should just spend that money on a prostitute any time you have $500 and are kind of horny.

OR--YOU COULD FUCKING CONTROL YOURSELF and save your money, then use it for something important down the line.

It's not that complicated... there's an easy cost/benefit on this stuff, but Sark is too fucking dumb to do it and Doogs are too fucking dumb to question anything Sark says or does.

Like hookers AND blow?
    edited October 2013

...Sick of you new fish popping off all the time and without a clue. You have zero idea why any one particular RS is burned. Both parties decide to burn a shirt, unless you're Ty, or an emergency (see Reggie Reser ) But you wouldn't know anything about that as you just received your student tickets for the 1st year. Learn a little about the game. Try dawgman, get your little feet wet and head on back...

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    What exactly have the following players done to contribute this year that would be worth throwing away even a 25% chance of them returning for a 5th year

String fellow
    Mathis
    King
    Walker
    farria
    Brostek

Oh, and below is a list of guys who played for Sark or Willingham as true freshmen and left early for the NFL

Chris Polk

What exactly have the following players done to contribute this year that would be worth throwing away even a 25% chance of them returning for a 5th year

String fellow
    Mathis
    King
    Walker
    farria
    Brostek

Oh, and below is a list of guys who played for Sark or Willingham as true freshmen and left early for the NFL

Chris Polk

the question is: when they played as freshmen, were they the best option at their respective position, on the field, at the time?

If yes: they play

If no: they don't play

how fucking hard is this for some of you people?

• Only Ross should have had his RS burned, the rest was fucking stupid.

I can't believe Sark is thinking about burning Jernaine Kelly's red shirt.

...I can't believe Sark is thinking about burning Jernaine Kelly's red shirt...

Link?
  • TTJ said:

...I can't believe Sark is thinking about burning Jernaine Kelly's red shirt...

Link?
    Cause I live a sad and miserable life I actually watched the UW-Cal game. They were discussing it how Sark told them he was thinking about burning his redshirt against Cal.

...Cause I live a sad and miserable life I actually watched the UW-Cal game. They were discussing it how Sark told them he was thinking about burning his redshirt against Cal...

I will see your sad and miserable life and raise you a pathetic existence: I attended the Cal "game" and watched it live.