Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Could Ahmed be solution to struggling Husky offense?

2»

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    doogie said:

When you have a stifling defense and a proven RB, why not run boring shit against a moderate to shitty defense until you force them out of their gameplan?

b/c this staff will go to their graves thinking you MUST get chunk plays (which more come from pass than run) in order to be able to win games, and so they will force the pass even if the run is working, let alone if it's not.

Both Cal and ASU were dropping 8 late in the play clock and Jake either didn't recognize it, or thought the pass play called was the best option. For a staff that prides themselves and will tell you all day they "take what the defense gives them" at ASU why we had a pass/run ratio of 40-20 (including Jake's sacks and scrambles that were counted as runs when they were truly passes) is mind blowing.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    This staffs refusal to run the ball is honestly starting to kill my enjoyment of watching the games. The defense is badass. If this team had a defense that matched the offense we would be back to 7-6...maybe last year we go 9-4
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    godawgst said:

doogie said:

When you have a stifling defense and a proven RB, why not run boring shit against a moderate to shitty defense until you force them out of their gameplan?

b/c this staff will go to their graves thinking you MUST get chunk plays (which more come from pass than run) in order to be able to win games, and so they will force the pass even if the run is working, let alone if it's not.

Both Cal and ASU were dropping 8 late in the play clock and Jake either didn't recognize it, or thought the pass play called was the best option. For a staff that prides themselves and will tell you all day they "take what the defense gives them" at ASU why we had a pass/run ratio of 40-20 (including Jake's sacks and scrambles that were counted as runs when they were truly passes) is mind blowing.
    Sickening and inexcusable.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Gladstone said:

godawgst said:

doogie said:

Fan fucking tastic
    Fify

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
    Bread said:

Meek said:

LebamDawg said:

I hope not - I can't pronounce his name

I can pronounce it but I will confess that the first game where he played, I spent most of the time distracted because the announcers were calling him something other than what the letters suggested he should be called.

that was a frustrating game for me.

I'm drunk in my mom's basement going "Wait, what are you talking about...Ack? Ack? Seriously? Where's the K sound?"

"Wait, what did he say? Savon? The L the L motherfucker. It's Sal-von."

I don't think I even remembered who we were playing.
    Is pharmacy his real name or a nickname? either way how did you find out and who calls him that?
    Pharmacy is his middle name, dickbreath!
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

The problem is that our coaches care more about offensive identity than gameplanning and what actually fucking works.

I agreed heartily with the rest of your post, but I think this wrong. CP's offensive identity is to have no identity (some real Bruce Lee shit, actually). That's great when you have a huge talent advantage or you have the opponent on the ropes. But we? lack a real identity that we can lean on when shit is not coming so easily.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Pete don't care about running the ball in preseason
  • DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59
    The key to success on offense is giving play calling duties to Boner Popper.