Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Murao, 2020 OL, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (COMMITTED 😳)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Remember when idiots ranked Korey Foreman ahead of JTT?

Yeah, I'm bitter.
    The disrespect is unreal.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Holy shit that was beautiful. And this guy is going to play Center!?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Holy shit that was beautiful. And this guy is going to play Center!?

Yeah, he said in an interview that he was playing left tackle and guard because of team need but he's being recruited as a Nick Harris replacement.

He's about 6'1"-6'2" but uber athletic and quick feet and powerful. He's Nick Harris 2.5
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    This dudes hands are thick as bricks lmao

Assuming that he can make the transition to snapping and other nuances I wouldn't know about as a former skill position player, he will be starting year one.

That's one fucking game of blocking, what a beast
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,318
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

This dudes hands are thick as bricks lmao

Assuming that he can make the transition to snapping and other nuances I wouldn't know about as a former skill position player, he will be starting year one.

That's one fucking game of blocking, what a beast
    I'm not a film rat, so it's by far the best OL film I've ever seen, especially considering the competition.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Trigger warning @dnc

Biggins:

On his current ranking and why he isn’t higher

“He's going to play great, no doubt about it, he's a great HS player. Remember, rankings are based on the NFL Draft and his profile- a 300+ lineman who projects as a center, doesn't fit what you see in the 1st or 2nd round of the Draft. His ranking right now reflects being drafted in 3rd-4th round, which is pretty dang good. I think he could move up and I still love the kid, I'm his biggest fan but just not sure he projects as a top of the draft guy. Similar with Ethan Garbers, he'll throw for a million yards this year but we're going off projection more then sheer numbers. Hope that makes some sense.”

On how he is so calm and well spoken off the field but nasty on it.

“Classic kid who can flip a switch. One of the angriest lineman I've seen, doesn't matter the setting and I mean that as a compliment.”

On how it’s dumb that the rankings are based on pro potential for @dnc.

“I've said that exact same thing, lets not skip college and aren't our recruiting team rankings based on who we feel should compete for college playoffs in a few years? So I'm with you, but the counter was using college success is subjective, the NFL Draft is the easiest way to measure if you hit or miss and the reality is, most, not all, but the majority of the great college players will be drafted higher then guys who didn't perform as well in college.”

On why Tate Martell sucks ass.

I was with Scout at the time Tate came up and we actually had him as a 5-star because our rankings were based on college accomplishment, not pro potential. Size was always a concern with Tate but you have to understand, you can make a case he had the best career of any HS QB ever, he never lost a game against high level competition. It was his class that we started to say, 'lets discount size a bit, there are plenty of NFL QBs in the 6-0 range that are showing they can play and this kid is really special.' Unfortunately for Tate, it hasn't happened for him yet. I know a lot of people who like to take shots at the rankings will say Tate not performing well proves 'stars don't matter' but the guys who have beaten him out- Dwayne Hawkins, Jarren Williams and even throw in Justin Fields, were all rated higher then Tate coming out of HS.”

On why high ranked kids bust.

“It's definitely the off the field stuff. When a five star kid busts, it's rarely if ever something physical. Sometimes it's a player who doesn't really love the game so it when it gets hard, he taps out. Or his work ethic is bad or he lacks toughness, that's a big one and hard to see. I think with lineman, that's where you miss a lot because it's hard to gauge toughness when you can physically overwhelm every kid in HS because you're so much bigger. Then you get to college and get punched in the mouth for the first time by a player as big as you and many have no idea how to react. Then there's factors beyond your control like injuries, talent around you, coaching, scheme fit, etc.”

I was right.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Trigger warning @dnc

Biggins:

On his current ranking and why he isn’t higher

“He's going to play great, no doubt about it, he's a great HS player. Remember, rankings are based on the NFL Draft and his profile- a 300+ lineman who projects as a center, doesn't fit what you see in the 1st or 2nd round of the Draft. His ranking right now reflects being drafted in 3rd-4th round, which is pretty dang good. I think he could move up and I still love the kid, I'm his biggest fan but just not sure he projects as a top of the draft guy. Similar with Ethan Garbers, he'll throw for a million yards this year but we're going off projection more then sheer numbers. Hope that makes some sense.”

On how he is so calm and well spoken off the field but nasty on it.

“Classic kid who can flip a switch. One of the angriest lineman I've seen, doesn't matter the setting and I mean that as a compliment.”

On how it’s dumb that the rankings are based on pro potential for @dnc.

“I've said that exact same thing, lets not skip college and aren't our recruiting team rankings based on who we feel should compete for college playoffs in a few years? So I'm with you, but the counter was using college success is subjective, the NFL Draft is the easiest way to measure if you hit or miss and the reality is, most, not all, but the majority of the great college players will be drafted higher then guys who didn't perform as well in college.”

On why Tate Martell sucks ass.

I was with Scout at the time Tate came up and we actually had him as a 5-star because our rankings were based on college accomplishment, not pro potential. Size was always a concern with Tate but you have to understand, you can make a case he had the best career of any HS QB ever, he never lost a game against high level competition. It was his class that we started to say, 'lets discount size a bit, there are plenty of NFL QBs in the 6-0 range that are showing they can play and this kid is really special.' Unfortunately for Tate, it hasn't happened for him yet. I know a lot of people who like to take shots at the rankings will say Tate not performing well proves 'stars don't matter' but the guys who have beaten him out- Dwayne Hawkins, Jarren Williams and even throw in Justin Fields, were all rated higher then Tate coming out of HS.”

On why high ranked kids bust.

“It's definitely the off the field stuff. When a five star kid busts, it's rarely if ever something physical. Sometimes it's a player who doesn't really love the game so it when it gets hard, he taps out. Or his work ethic is bad or he lacks toughness, that's a big one and hard to see. I think with lineman, that's where you miss a lot because it's hard to gauge toughness when you can physically overwhelm every kid in HS because you're so much bigger. Then you get to college and get punched in the mouth for the first time by a player as big as you and many have no idea how to react. Then there's factors beyond your control like injuries, talent around you, coaching, scheme fit, etc.”

I was right.
    Was is pretty close to am.