Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Murao, 2020 OL, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (COMMITTED 😳)

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Best OL we have recruited in decades imo.

This century
  • Options
    This is kid should be 5 start
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Please redshirt him. He might be great this year but playing early on the lines usually has negative long term effects. Just one year off Rhino Cum is all I ask.

This makes no sense. If he’s ready, he’s ready.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    People here have always beat the drum about redshirting lineman for health reasons, particularly shoulder issues. Now we're saying to play him because he's ready. This kid could be that one freak who actually is ready, but I don't understand the big shift in philosophy among posters here.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

People here have always beat the drum about redshirting lineman for health reasons, particularly shoulder issues. Now we're saying to play him because he's ready. This kid could be that one freak who actually is ready, but I don't understand the big shift in philosophy among posters here.

Part of it has to do with OL coming in in the fall and only having a couple months to develop before playing. Since he's here in the winter, he's essentially getting a full offseason to get ready.

Generally speaking, it's a small sample size, what with Colin Porter and Trey Adams coming to mind, and given that they play more, it's likely we pay more attention to their injuries than other OL.

If he is one of our best OL and gives us the best chance to win now, I say play him.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

ALPHA DOG

OL Myles Murao- Murao just landed on Wednesday and today was his first workout of the week after early enrolling at Washington. It didn’t take long at all for Murao to show why he’s one of the nation’s top linemen as he went undefeated in one on one action and wining most of his reps in dominant fashion. Murao has played solely at tackle during high school but will slide inside and play guard or center in college and has a great chance to see extended playing time as a true freshman. He’s one of the most technically sound lineman we have ever seen and is arguably the best lineman Mater Dei has produced in the last decade.

He just showed up today (missed the first 2 days) and hes already the top performer

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Please redshirt him. He might be great this year but playing early on the lines usually has negative long term effects. Just one year off Rhino Cum is all I ask.

No need to redshirt him. You’re probably only redshirting him for the NFL if you do.
    Trey was hurt after his true sophomore year. Never the same. I’d rather get redshirt freshman/sophomore years than true freshman/sophomore, maybe healthy junior year. He’s also coming off a knee injury. Get him fully healthy and let him go. Shit, get him fully healthy and then play him the last four games this year. He’s not Orlando Pace but He’s too good to break because you want to play with your new toy. If He turns out to be so good they can’t keep him off the field then so be it. It just never seems to work out well for UW.
  • Options

No need to redshirt him. You’re probably only redshirting him for the NFL if you do.
    Trey was hurt after his true sophomore year. Never the same. I’d rather get redshirt freshman/sophomore years than true freshman/sophomore, maybe healthy junior year. He’s also coming off a knee injury. Get him fully healthy and let him go. Shit, get him fully healthy and then play him the last four games this year. He’s not Orlando Pace but He’s too good to break because you want to play with your new toy. If He turns out to be so good they can’t keep him off the field then so be it. It just never seems to work out well for UW.
    Trey always has back problems
  • Options
    As long as he can snap properly - play him, if there are issues then redshirt him
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t know. They can still get hurt if they redshirt. It’s like anywhere else really. If they are good enough you play them. We always want to win now.