Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reminder to the anti Price idiots

Comments

• Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170

Price is as overrated on this site as Lockner was on DM.

Price is rated based on the data of his performances on this site.
    The Ws and Ls don't support your assertion. That's the only data that matters.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

The entire team fails in "big games" against good teams.
  • Price is as overrated on this site as Lockner was on DM.

So in your dumb world I bet you think Dilfer is better than Marino.

Judging a QB based solely on W-L is fucking stupid.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

If you think Price is the problem, you are a fucking moron who doesn't deserve to live.

These kind of hilarious comments make me love you, lol.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

So is judging them solely on stats. #AndreWare

I was thinking about Price. Just going purely on the eye test And wins and losses ( which isn't totally fair but I don't care), I would put him on par with Pickett and Conklin. Tui and Billy Joe Weren't really any more talented, but they put the team on their backs a few times.

I'd put him in the Brock Huard, Chris Chandler and Mark Brunnell tier myself. He's above Conklin and Pickett who I'd put in the same tier as Locker.
    Chandler and Brunnell were both better. No way I'd trade either one of them for Price, and that's not a knock on Price. Those guys ultimately played in the same Pro Bowl (with Moon, who is easily the best QB Washington has ever had). Do you really see Price as a future NFL Pro Bowl quarterback?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Andre Ware went 9-2 his Heisman year for fucking Houston.

Great example as always.

Andre Ware went 9-2 his Heisman year for fucking Houston.

Great example as always.
    His stats were grossly padded by the level of competition he faced. He lost to an unranked Texas AM team 7-13 that year. This became beyond evident in the NFL. The same argument can be made for stat monkeys getting a boner in their sweat pants for Klingler.
    edited October 2013

I was thinking about Price. Just going purely on the eye test And wins and losses ( which isn't totally fair but I don't care), I would put him on par with Pickett and Conklin. Tui and Billy Joe Weren't really any more talented, but they put the team on their backs a few times.

I'd put him in the Brock Huard, Chris Chandler and Mark Brunnell tier myself. He's above Conklin and Pickett who I'd put in the same tier as Locker.
    Chandler and Brunnell were both better. No way I'd trade either one of them for Price, and that's not a knock on Price. Those guys ultimately played in the same Pro Bowl (with Moon, who is easily the best QB Washington has ever had). Do you really see Price as a future NFL Pro Bowl quarterback?
    I absolutely see Price as a Pro Bowler. The data is all there to suggest he'll be successful at the next level. The hardest part for him is going to be getting a job. He should have come out for the 2013 NFL draft.

Matt Cassel and Matt Schaub have both made the Pro Bowl recently.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I absolutely see Price as a Pro Bowler. The data is all there to suggest he'll be successful at the next level. The hardest part for him is going to be getting a job. He should have come out for the 2013 NFL draft.

Hopefully you are trolling. Never say never, because there are bad QB's in the NFL, but Price will never start a game. And if Price would have came out after last year, he wouldn't have been drafted. He's helped himself this season.

Hopefully you are trolling. Never say never, because there are bad QB's in the NFL, but Price will never start a game. And if Price would have came out after last year, he wouldn't have been drafted. He's helped himself this season.

The QB field in the 2013 draft was a #fuckingdreckfest. Jeff fucking Tuel has seen the field this year.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

The QB field in the 2013 draft was a #fuckingdreckfest. Jeff fucking Tuel has seen the field this year.
    Thread over
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Fair point, but that was a perfect storm that led him to getting playing time, which was corrected almost immediately. He will be out of the league by next year.

I think Price will get a chance as a free agent, but with his size and lack of mobility, very bad pocket presence (very important in the NFL), he would face the same outcome as Tuel if he gets a chance to play.

• I don't judge UW QB's by how they do in the pro's as the Tui, Hobert and Brock Huard would be behind Damon Huard which I know wasn't the case.

I don't think Price will be an nfl starter but he will start some games. So many shitty QB's in the league who have started/are starters.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I don't judge UW QB's by how they do in the pro's as the Tui, Hobert and Brock Huard would be behind Damon Huard which I know wasn't the case.

I don't think Price will be an nfl starter but he will start some games. So many shitty QB's in the league who have started/are starters.

Take Prices cock out of your mouth for 2 seconds and watch him take a snap under center
  • I don't judge UW QB's by how they do in the pro's as the Tui, Hobert and Brock Huard would be behind Damon Huard which I know wasn't the case.

Take Prices cock out of your mouth for 2 seconds and watch him take a snap under center
    Make an intelligent point for once. I was simply arguing the premise that SouthernDawg used NFL pro success as his argument. Meaning Hobert, Tui and Brock Huard would be below a Damon Huard when we all know that's not the case.

Also there were far shittier QB's who have started NFL games than Price.
  • To those who say Price won't ever play in the Pro Bowl you are probably right.

However, if someone told me Derek Anderson would be a pro bowler after what I saw of him at Oregon State I would thought you were a fucking idiot.
  • Let me repeat this guy

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/derek-anderson-1.html

Had a pro bowl season in the NFL. Beavers fan(all 40 of them) couldn't wait for Anderson to LEAVE!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited October 2013

I think Price has lower level Pro Bowl talent. He doesn't have anything close to Pro Bowl durability. If he ever becomes a starter in the NFL he won't last 5 games, let alone enough to make a Pro Bowel. He's always hurt in college, he'll be missing games in the NFL. Lots of them.
  • dnc said:

I think Price has lower level Pro Bowl talent. He doesn't have anything close to Pro Bowl durability. If he ever becomes a starter in the NFL he won't last 5 games, let alone enough to make a Pro Bowel. He's always hurt in college, he'll be missing games in the NFL. Lots of them.
    I think you are missing the point of how making a pro bowl is no longer a big achievement anymore.

Shit Vince Young made it one year with a 1:2 TD to INT ratio.