Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reminder to the anti Price idiots

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    So what you are saying is that when the "facts" make you look like a fucking idiot (in this case, TequillaFS says that Emmert has nothing to do with the destruction of Husky Football) ... you change your fucking tune to a completely different discussion to fit your agenda?

I've never once said that Emmert doesn't have his share of blood on his hands for what happened to the UW program.

Now, if you want to change the discussion to "reading into the mind of Mark Emmert and his public comments," then let's change subjects. In your FS mind, anything that someone of Emmert's stature says you take at 100% face value even though his position includes a fair amount of politics behind it. My entire point in talking w/ Damone was simply that I didn't buy 100% of what came out of Emmert's mouth ... I take actions as being louder than words. We can debate 24/7 how much of the decision to hire Tyrone was Turner's vs. Emmert's. But the actions in December of 2007 clearly suggest that Emmert asked Turner to fire Tyrone and Turner refused.
  • Are you really arguing Emmert's role in hiring Ty still?! Christ you are fucking dumb.

As for Price, how come you didn't include completion% and rating in your stats. Why no mention that those teams all they do is throw while UW runs the ball as well?

Like I said defending Emmert, bashing on Price and excusing poor coaching is more Doogman. You belong over there.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tequilla said:

So what you are saying is that when the "facts" make you look like a fucking idiot (in this case, TequillaFS says that Emmert has nothing to do with the destruction of Husky Football) ... you change your fucking tune to a completely different discussion to fit your agenda?

I've never once said that Emmert doesn't have his share of blood on his hands for what happened to the UW program.

Now, if you want to change the discussion to "reading into the mind of Mark Emmert and his public comments," then let's change subjects. In your FS mind, anything that someone of Emmert's stature says you take at 100% face value even though his position includes a fair amount of politics behind it. My entire point in talking w/ Damone was simply that I didn't buy 100% of what came out of Emmert's mouth ... I take actions as being louder than words. We can debate 24/7 how much of the decision to hire Tyrone was Turner's vs. Emmert's. But the actions in December of 2007 clearly suggest that Emmert asked Turner to fire Tyrone and Turner refused.

Ummm...

You're wrong.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tequilla said:

NYBE.
    Arguing Emmert's role in hiring Ty? That's on you ... you brought that up by bringing Damone's discussion into the topic. The only reason any of that shit is relevant is because you keep bringing it up ...

Suggesting that I am an Emmert apologist is laughable ... it contradicts anything I say on the topic.

Completion % is a fucking worthless stat by itself that most stat geeks think somehow determines if you are worth a shit. Yes, Keith completes his passes at a high percentage. He's at about 64% for his career. For his career he averages somewhere in the neighborhood of 7.5 to 8 yards per attempt. That's not a horrible number.

Why do I say completion % is a fucking worthless stat? In his 3 full years as a starter against Oregon, Keith has managed to complete north of 60% in those games. In the 2011 and 2012 games he averaged under 5 yards per attempt and in this year's game he was just over 5 yards per attempt. But fuck it, he completed his passes.

What I care about in looking at a QB is can he win games, can he make the key throw when he needs it, and how does he respond when others would shit their pants. Completion % doesn't mean shit. QB rating is a nice metric but by itself it doesn't mean shit. Neither of those two stats makes a 3rd and 12 throw with 4 minutes left in a tie game.

If you want to cite the fact that we run the ball (which we do), it's also important to note that if you can run the ball successfully you should be able to be more efficient in the passing game than a team that can't run the ball.

Price is a decent QB. He's probably comparable to Cody Pickett in my mind. Both are good UW QBs. But they are far from our best. Just because they both have huge stats doesn't mean that they were necessarily great.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Arguing Emmert's role in hiring Ty? That's on you ... you brought that up by bringing Damone's discussion into the topic. The only reason any of that shit is relevant is because you keep bringing it up ...

Suggesting that I am an Emmert apologist is laughable ... it contradicts anything I say on the topic.

Completion % is a fucking worthless stat by itself that most stat geeks think somehow determines if you are worth a shit. Yes, Keith completes his passes at a high percentage. He's at about 64% for his career. For his career he averages somewhere in the neighborhood of 7.5 to 8 yards per attempt. That's not a horrible number.

Why do I say completion % is a fucking worthless stat? In his 3 full years as a starter against Oregon, Keith has managed to complete north of 60% in those games. In the 2011 and 2012 games he averaged under 5 yards per attempt and in this year's game he was just over 5 yards per attempt. But fuck it, he completed his passes.

What I care about in looking at a QB is can he win games, can he make the key throw when he needs it, and how does he respond when others would shit their pants. Completion % doesn't mean shit. QB rating is a nice metric but by itself it doesn't mean shit. Neither of those two stats makes a 3rd and 12 throw with 4 minutes left in a tie game.

If you want to cite the fact that we run the ball (which we do), it's also important to note that if you can run the ball successfully you should be able to be more efficient in the passing game than a team that can't run the ball.

Price is a decent QB. He's probably comparable to Cody Pickett in my mind. Both are good UW QBs. But they are far from our best. Just because they both have huge stats doesn't mean that they were necessarily great.

Keith Price doesn't play defense or special teams.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Tequilla said:

Pressing badly.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Keith Price doesn't play defense or special teams.
    Or offensive line.
  • You have an entire rant that shows you are an Emmert apologist.
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    Price is as overrated on this site as Lockner was on DM.

You have an entire rant that shows you are an Emmert apologist.

And you continue to show that your reading comprehension is at about the same level as Sark's is as a head coach ...

So you have that going for you ...
  • Tequilla said:

You have an entire rant that shows you are an Emmert apologist.

And you continue to show that your reading comprehension is at about the same level as Sark's is as a head coach ...

So you have that going for you ...
    TL;DR, Disagree
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Price is rated based on the data of his performances on this site.
    That's definitely one way to look at it.

My experience would suggest that in a situation like this that if Emmert wanted Tyrone fired, he'd have asked Turner to do so first. However, what about Turner at that point? Would he have been fired after the fact? Is it possible that another reason why what happened happened was because Turner saw the writing on the wall and put out his own power play?

No matter how you slice it, the decision to bring Tyrone back for 2008 was done to placate those crying foul and that the firing would have been racially motivated. For whatever reason, the decision to fire Tyrone (with merit) was something that Emmert didn't have the courage to do and let the facts back him up.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Price is rated based on the data of his performances on this site.
    The problem is, the only thing you are using is his stats. Like I said in a previous post, is Taylor Kelly a great QB? His stats are just as good as Keith Price's and after next year, he will almost certainly have better career numbers than Price. Boobs, you had a post that actually said Price was better than Tui which is truly Section14AFS. Taylor Kelly has better stats than Jake Plummer. Is he better than Plummer?.

My question to using a QB's stats as the end all be all would be how do you explain Colt Brennan, and some of the Texas Tech QB's? While these guys were good college QB's, they are nowhere near being some of the best QB's like their stats would suggest. So, while it is stupid to entirely discount stats, and they are important, they don't always tell the whole story.

Price does many things well. He is pretty accurate in the short to intermediate game and he makes good decisions for the most part throwing the ball. He is not accurate throwing the ball down field, which has been very evident the past few weeks. I don't know if his injuries are contributing to it, but he has missed multiple downfield throws. He doesn't make too many stupid throws, so he avoids throwing too many INT's. I have not seen it as much this year, but last year, it was evident how late he was anticipating some throws. He also has quite possibly, the worst pocket presence I have ever seen the past two years. I understand he is not fast, but he really lacks awareness feeling the rush. The Arizona State game was especially bad and it was evident to many of us in the game thread. I was not the only one to comment on it. I guarantee his passing rating will go down the rest of the season. He will have a big game against Colorado and play average or poorly the last three weeks.

He's got some skills, and had a great 2011 season. I do think shitty OL's have contributed to him developing some very bad habits, and as a result he's regressed since 2011. Once again, he is nowhere near the problem with this program, that is a stupid doog cop out, but I just don't see a great QB when I watch the games. Like the rest of our program, he beats up on the shitty teams, and shits the bed against the good ones (Stanford game this year he was incredible). He might be an honorable mention All Pac 12 guy this season as a senior, but if you read this board you would think he was a superstar. Like I've said, he's better than doogs and Millen think he is, and he is not as good as many on this board think he is.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

On the year now Price is 169-263(64.3%) for 2,169 yards(8.2 YPA) with 16 TD's to 4 INT's for a QB rating of 150.6. He has also ran for 2 TD's.

Price isn't the problem. For stupid Quads to wish for him to be hurt and TequilaFS to suggest he played poorly last game is ridiculous.

The numbers don't lie. Price is having a good year. If you want Price benched or to get hurt seriously go die in a fucking fire. The world would be better without you.

Stupid Quad? fuck is that all you can come up with? Price is detrimental to this offense. Look where his "qbr" (only nerdy little guys who know zip about. football reference that figure) came from, and who against. Stanford was Price's only quality game cuntcake.

Cal is fucking terrible! Awful! PRICE SHOULD throw for 350 and 2 tds dipshit. He hurts this team BADLY vs. good competition 90% of the time. He has ZERO escapability, ZERO arm strength and doesn't see the field. THIS IS FACT FUCK! Watch a game or two before you argue with me you novice little cunt
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332

On the year now Price is 169-263(64.3%) for 2,169 yards(8.2 YPA) with 16 TD's to 4 INT's for a QB rating of 150.6. He has also ran for 2 TD's.

Price isn't the problem. For stupid Quads to wish for him to be hurt and TequilaFS to suggest he played poorly last game is ridiculous.

The numbers don't lie. Price is having a good year. If you want Price benched or to get hurt seriously go die in a fucking fire. The world would be better without you.

Stupid Quad? fuck is that all you can come up with? Price is detrimental to this offense. Look where his "qbr" (only nerdy little guys who know zip about. football reference that figure) came from, and who against. Stanford was Price's only quality game cuntcake.

Cal is fucking terrible! Awful! PRICE SHOULD throw for 350 and 2 tds dipshit. He hurts this team BADLY vs. good competition 90% of the time. He has ZERO escapability, ZERO arm strength and doesn't see the field. THIS IS FACT FUCK! Watch a game or two before you argue with me you novice little cunt
    I disagree with you wholeheartedly, but I give you an awesome because of one word in that rant. Oregon played for a National Championship and won a Rose Bowl with Darron Thomas. Darron Thomas makes Keith Price look like DAT when it comes to elusiveness. Eventually, you have to blame the OL for being really bad at pass blocking. Keith Price shouldn't have to run for his life in order to make plays.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

Front page! Front page!