Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaepernick to find out about systemic racism

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Chinteresting angle:

Owners contribute millions to Trump, who tells them not to employ people that kneel.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernicks-collusion-grievance-against-nfl-centered-on-trumps-influence/
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump wins again
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2017

Karpernick would have eventually gotten a job. This year? Hell no. Training camp next year? No, but mid year next season?...maybe. It's not what Kaepernick stands for that makes him unemployable right now. It's that he's a distraction. The same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as well. It's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions asked your team are about one player.

Suing the NFL ends any chance he's got in the future. Last time I checked, employers don't like hiring past employees that sue them.

Lol. Why? Why is it more difficult to manage a franchise when you get asked about a certain player more than other players? I realize all the simpletons that upvoted this think that sounds nice, people love things that feel intuitive, but you didn't and can't show that it's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions are about one player.

The Patriots seem to be doing alright. I'm guessing they get a lot of Tom Brady questions. Sure Kaep's attention is from different from Tom's but you specifically stated it wasn't what Kaep stands for. The attention is the distraction. But there is former GQ cover model, married to a super model, Tom Brady doing ok. And if just Tom Brady existing isn't enough of a distraction we can throw in Aaron Hernandez murdering people, Gronk partying, deflategate, spygate and the qb and head coach supporting probably the most divisive president ever who's also a racist and the Patriots seem to have done ok. But it's so hard to manage a franchise with outside distractions.
    Tom Brady is a franchise quarterback. If kaepernick was a franchise quarterback, he'd have a job. At best he's a below average quarterback with baggage. Not worth the trouble according to GMs and owners. You can be controversial if you are valuable. If you're dispensable, you better not be a distraction...hth
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

phineas said:

Lotta racists on this forum. Whoda thunk it

I'm just happy that you came out and joined the @Sledog club.
    Yeah I hate social justice warriors. Of course calling Sven a warrior conjures up an image of Napoleon Dynamite with a pies stained bed sheet for a cape.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2017

Karpernick would have eventually gotten a job. This year? Hell no. Training camp next year? No, but mid year next season?...maybe. It's not what Kaepernick stands for that makes him unemployable right now. It's that he's a distraction. The same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as well. It's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions asked your team are about one player.

Suing the NFL ends any chance he's got in the future. Last time I checked, employers don't like hiring past employees that sue them.

Lol. Why? Why is it more difficult to manage a franchise when you get asked about a certain player more than other players? I realize all the simpletons that upvoted this think that sounds nice, people love things that feel intuitive, but you didn't and can't show that it's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions are about one player.

The Patriots seem to be doing alright. I'm guessing they get a lot of Tom Brady questions. Sure Kaep's attention is from different from Tom's but you specifically stated it wasn't what Kaep stands for. The attention is the distraction. But there is former GQ cover model, married to a super model, Tom Brady doing ok. And if just Tom Brady existing isn't enough of a distraction we can throw in Aaron Hernandez murdering people, Gronk partying, deflategate, spygate and the qb and head coach supporting probably the most divisive president ever who's also a racist and the Patriots seem to have done ok. But it's so hard to manage a franchise with outside distractions.
    I like to use the example of the most stable, consistent, successful franchise in all of American professional sports in the 21st century to discount Kaepernicks off field distraction from the unknown franchise that would sign him. And I’ll use future HOF’ers as my main examples.

I also like to call a President rayciss that doesn’t agree.

Did you pull a Pumpy and think you were on Reddit when you posted this?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

I like to use the example of the most stable, consistent, successful franchise in all of American professional sports in the 21st century to discount Kaepernicks off field distraction from the unknown franchise that would sign him. And I’ll use future HOF’ers as my main examples.

The most stable and successful franchise is the one that's had by far the most distractions? That's weird because I'm hearing that distractions are a really big deal.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

The most stable and successful franchise is the one that's had by far the most distractions? That's weird because I'm hearing that distractions are a really big deal.
    Tic Tac To isn’t my game.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tom Brady is a franchise quarterback. If kaepernick was a franchise quarterback, he'd have a job. At best he's a below average quarterback with baggage. Not worth the trouble according to GMs and owners. You can be controversial if you are valuable. If you're dispensable, you better not be a distraction...hth
    This is different from your original point. You said it is extremely difficult to manage an organization when 90% of the questions you get are about one player. No mention of the player skill or talent level.

I would argue that distractions like Kaep or Brady have no impact on the field. That when players are practicing or watching film the questions they're going to get later from reporters have no impact. And if the people managing the team, the coach the gm and the owner, are having trouble managing because of reporters questions regarding a specific player maybe they shouldn't be in this line of work.

It seems really like an excuse. Teams with a great player aren't affected at all by distractions but teams with an ok player with distractions are destroyed by it? It really seems more likely that they have no impact. It's like bulletin board material. No one plays harder because someone from the other team said something. You don't want to win more. When you lose when the other team gave you bulletin board material no one mentions it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Apparently it's racist to not want to hire an annoying douchebag.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unarmed minorities getting killed by cops. Justified or systematic racism?

Just getting back on point
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2017
    Suppose for a moment you are an NFL owner. would YOU risk putting Kapernick in charge of your NFL franchise today?

(that's what I thought)
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

He can't be any worse than wilson

There are multiple Annoyances.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Whatevs.
    They are all gangbangers anyway that get shot.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

Suppose for a moment you are an NFL owner. would YOU risk putting Kapernick in charge of your NFL franchise today?

(that's what I thought)

I'd rather have him than Bortles.
  • Options

Hi there,

Lots of unarmed people got shot by the police. It's just not black people.

Can you pass me the syrup?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2017
    phineas said:

Lotta racists on this forum. Whoda thunk it

So now you can't criticize a half white guy without being racist. I need to update my rule book.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Hi there,

Lots of unarmed people got shot by the police. It's just not black people.

Can you pass me the syrup?
    This is the discussion that Kaep wanted