Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaepernick to find out about systemic racism

phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-files-collusion-grievance-against-nfl/

Once the courts have taken all his money, The Man will come for his freedom.

Don't be surprised when Kaep is charged with possession, domestic violence or murder. Or abundance.

This country makes me sick.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why did Pete Carroll let this happen?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

Why did Pete Carroll let this happen?

He and Paul Allen could have easily taken one for the league.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We were talking about this today. The NFL will take this lawsuit to the fullest extent to show the players their piddly little contracts are table scraps compared to the financial might of the league office and owners. Kap will run out of money in the proceedings, lose the suit, and wind up in jail after.

You don't fuck with the 1%. They won't just take you out like the mob. They will fuck your entire existence along with everyone you hold dear and make you suffer through it long term.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    #nationalbossesday
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2017
    Karpernick would have eventually gotten a job. This year? Hell no. Training camp next year? No, but mid year next season?...maybe. It's not what Kaepernick stands for that makes him unemployable right now. It's that he's a distraction. The same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as well. It's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions asked your team are about one player.

Suing the NFL ends any chance he's got in the future. Last time I checked, employers don't like hiring past employees that sue them.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2017
    phineas said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-files-collusion-grievance-against-nfl/

Don't be surprised when Kaep is charged with possession, domestic violence or murder. Or abundance.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Karpernick would have eventually gotten a job. This year? Hell no. Training camp next year? No, but mid year next season?...maybe. It's not what Kaepernick stands for that makes him unemployable right now. It's that he's a distraction. The same reason Tim Tebow couldn't get a job as well. It's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions asked your team are about one player.

Suing the NFL ends any chance he's got in the future. Last time I checked, employers don't like hiring past employees that sue them.

Great analogy if you ignore how Tebow got chances with the Jets, Pats, and Eagles.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it collusion?

It couldn't be because he was shit as a quarterback last year, has had multiple surgeries and is a public relations nightmare, could it?

Naw.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    This is why Tebow couldn't get a job.

https://youtu.be/qUYftLla5vs
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dude61 said:

Is it collusion?

It couldn't be because he was shit as a quarterback last year, has had multiple surgeries and is a public relations nightmare, could it?

Naw.

Sam Bradford has a job.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

phineas said:

Lets just call a spade a spade, duck!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I hope he goes to jail on some fake charges.

Just because he's a faggot.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lol. Why? Why is it more difficult to manage a franchise when you get asked about a certain player more than other players? I realize all the simpletons that upvoted this think that sounds nice, people love things that feel intuitive, but you didn't and can't show that it's extremely difficult to manage a franchise when 90% of the questions are about one player.

The Patriots seem to be doing alright. I'm guessing they get a lot of Tom Brady questions. Sure Kaep's attention is from different from Tom's but you specifically stated it wasn't what Kaep stands for. The attention is the distraction. But there is former GQ cover model, married to a super model, Tom Brady doing ok. And if just Tom Brady existing isn't enough of a distraction we can throw in Aaron Hernandez murdering people, Gronk partying, deflategate, spygate and the qb and head coach supporting probably the most divisive president ever who's also a racist and the Patriots seem to have done ok. But it's so hard to manage a franchise with outside distractions.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lotta racists on this forum. Whoda thunk it
  • Options
    phineas said:

Lotta racists on this forum. Whoda thunk it

I'm just happy that you came out and joined the @Sledog club.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

jerry jones hired greg hardy, and now is threatening to bench players who won't stand.
    One example? sure. But I think it's proof that with many owners/teams it's more about the message and who's doing it, than it is about "distractions."