Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Baird not impressed

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    If Price's game isn't the deep throw, and we know he can't complete the intermediate throw, then what the fuck is his game?

Price's yardage total was because he was playing Cal, not because he was fucking sharp last night. A lot of his throws were late and/or under thrown - fortunately for him Cal's defense is THAT FUCKING BAD.
  • Tequilla said:

If Price's game isn't the deep throw, and we know he can't complete the intermediate throw, then what the fuck is his game?

Price's yardage total was because he was playing Cal, not because he was fucking sharp last night. A lot of his throws were late and/or under thrown - fortunately for him Cal's defense is THAT FUCKING BAD.

He's UW's all-time TD leader, passer rating, completion % and 2nd all-time in yards.

He's a good QB, wish some of you idiots would realize this.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Figured Hugh would find a way to rip on Price even though he threw for 376 yards the second most in his career.

More_Cock, Price was fucking awful until 3rd quarter, which was fucking GARBAGE TIME pitch-and-catch as CAL packed it in and quit. Price is Fucking GOO!

Erase 1st quarter yards (6-8 were behind or near LOS. Erase Garbage-time throws and Price was very average and UNDERTHREW Every receiver all night, badly. (1 pass in stride to Mickens.) We were playing one of the worst defenses in the country

You sound like a Doog, check that, you are a fucking doog!
    puppylove_sugarsteel has reached puppylove_sugarsteelfuckingstupid in this thread.

And that, boys and girls, is hard to do.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,738 Founders Club
    Price is better than Hundly. I stand by my statement
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Price is better than Hundly. I stand by my statement

I was disappointed in Hundley's choices yesterday - not necessarily the physical gifts.

Several times hesitated to pull it on read-options and stared down primary receivers which led to two interceptions (should have been 4).

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2013
    Price does not look like himself. He is really accurate normally but right now he is not. I think the hurt hand against Stanford is an issue and hopefully gets better after the bye and Colorado game.

Last night the numbers were inflated due to cal being that bad that being said he is a good but not great quarterback. People that wish him gone are in for a rude awakening. If miles could play we would have seen him.

Sark played price over a hurt locker but has not been willing to do that these past few weeks.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Tequilla said:

He's UW's all-time TD leader, passer rating, completion % and 2nd all-time in yards.

The game has changed. QB's in general put up bigger numbers than they did in the past. Comparing QB's from today to guys from the 80's and 90's is not accurate. Price is an average to slightly above average QB. He's not as good as many of you on here think he is, and he's not as bad as doogs and Hugh think he is.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Marvin Hall also dropped two deep bombs down the sideline.

But Keith Price sucks, everyone says so.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Tequilla said:

The game has changed. QB's in general put up bigger numbers than they did in the past. Comparing QB's from today to guys from the 80's and 90's is not accurate. Price is an average to slightly above average QB. He's not as good as many of you on here think he is, and he's not as bad as doogs and Hugh think he is.

Let's compare by season then :

2013 - Price is currently 28th nationally
    2012 - Price was 80th
    2011 - Price was 7th
    2010 - Lockner was 73rd
    2009 - Lockner was 55th
    2008 - Fouch was 107th
    2007 - Lockner was 112th
    2006 - Stanback was 49th
    2005 - Stanback was 54th
    2004 - Paus was 99th
    2003 - Pickett was 71st
    2002 - Pickett was 31st
    2001 - Pickett was 58th
    2000 - Tui was 66th
    1999 - Tui was 45th
    1998 - B. Huard was 75th
    1997 - B. Huard was 4th
    1996 - B. Huard was 32nd
    1995 - D. Huard was 16th
    1994 - D. Huard was 62nd
    1993 - D. Huard was 61st
    1992 - Brunell was 49th
    1991 - Hobert was 13th
    1990 - Brunell was 57th
    1989 - Conklin was 54th
    1988 - Conklin was 62nd

Price is clearly UW's best QB since Brock Huard. It's a tossup between those two. Everyone else in the last 25 years is a long way behind. Tui and Lockner were great runners but average passers at best.
    edited October 2013
    Boobs, what stat is that? Efficiency? And I don't care what the stats say, Tui was way better than Price. You've got to be fucking kidding me to say Price is better than Tui. Do you really think we wouldn't have more wins with Tui instead of Price?

Another factor: Tui's WR's were Stevens, Elstrom, Gerald Harris, Wilbur Hooks, and Justin Robbins. Price has had Kearse, Aguillar, Kasen, James Johnson, Kevin Smith, and ASJ. Kevin Smith or Aguillar would easily be the best WR on the 1999 and 2000 teams.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Boobs, what stat is that? Efficiency? And I don't care what the stats say, Tui was way better than Price. Do you really think we wouldn't have more wins with Tui instead of Price?

It's passing efficiency nationally by year. It's not a perfect stat, but it's by far the best single metric you can use to compare quarterbacks.

Here are some more numbers for those two side by side:
    YPA: Price 7.4, Tui 7.2 - EVEN
    TD/INT: Price 70/28 (in 1,094 passes), Tui 31/28 (in 761 passes) - HUGE edge for PRICE
    Rushing: Price is a career zero, Tui was worth about 400 yards per year. - SMALL edge for TUI

If you switched Tui and Price, I think UW could still have won the 2001 Rose Bowl with Price and I know Sark goes 7-6 with Tui every year. Price is underrated because he plays for a shitty coach with a mediocre defense and bad special teams.

If you like Tui over Price, you're a fan of the stupid "signature wins" argument. Quarterbacks are important in college, by they can't lead teams to Rose Bowls by themselves. Just ask yourself what would have happened if Price and Mariota switched jerseys a few weeks ago.

Boobs, what stat is that? Efficiency? And I don't care what the stats say, Tui was way better than Price. Do you really think we wouldn't have more wins with Tui instead of Price?

It's passing efficiency nationally by year. It's not a perfect stat, but it's by far the best single metric you can use to compare quarterbacks.

TD/INT: Price 70/28 (in 1,094 passes), Tui 31/28 (in 761 passes) - HUGE edge for PRICE
    Rushing: Price is a career zero, Tui was worth about 400 yards per year. - SMALL edge for TUI

If you switched Tui and Price, I think UW could still have won the 2001 Rose Bowl with Price and I know Sark goes 7-6 with Tui every year. Price is underrated because he plays for a shitty coach with a mediocre defense and bad special teams.

If you like Tui over Price, you're a fan of the stupid "signature wins" argument. Quarterbacks are important in college, by they can't lead teams to Rose Bowls by themselves. Just ask yourself what would have happened if Price and Mariota switched jerseys a few weeks ago.
    I don't think Price is the problem. Sark is the problem, followed by the lines. I will say, there's no way Price takes the 2000 team to the Rose Bowl.

Here's why I think Price is an above average QB. If you switched him with Taylor Kelly or Kevin Hogan, I don't think we would be any worse, and those guys are average to above average QB's. With great teams around them, they can win, but they aren't anything special.

• Tequilla said:

You have really been dooging it up lately with your Price bashing and Wilcox dick sucking.
  • Boobs, what stat is that? Efficiency? And I don't care what the stats say, Tui was way better than Price. Do you really think we wouldn't have more wins with Tui instead of Price?

I don't think Price is the problem. Sark is the problem, followed by the lines. I will say, there's no way Price takes the 2000 team to the Rose Bowl.

Here's why I think Price is an above average QB. If you switched him with Taylor Kelly or Kevin Hogan, I don't think we would be any worse, and those guys are average to above average QB's. With great teams around them, they can win, but they aren't anything special.

Completely disagree. If he was Stanford a team where he would actually have a pocket he would do well.

When has Price ever made a bad throw or bad play when he actually has time? Guy is always running for his life.

Also his WR's have been nothing special compared to other UW WR's. I would take Stevens over anyone that Price has ever played with. Stevens despite his drunken behavior and raping Co-Eds was an actual great pass catching TE unlike ASJ.

Huard also had a better WR in Pathon/Coleman. Pickett had Reggie/Frederick. Price had one year of Kearse, basically only one year of Kasen.

His stats speak for themselves. He's not average or "slightly" above average at all.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Vince Young says ... Hook'em.
  • topdawgnc said:

Vince Young was terrific but those recruiting classes were ranked in the top 5 every year leading up to that. It's fucking Texas, they have talent every year.

topdawgnc said:

Vince Young was terrific but those recruiting classes were ranked in the top 5 every year leading up to that. It's fucking Texas, they have talent every year.
    And have done what since he left?
  • topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mack Brown isn't a good coach. Although with Colt McCoy they were pretty good too.

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mack Brown isn't a good coach. Although with Colt McCoy they were pretty good too.
    Mack Brown is a good coach, he is not great.

He is the Peyton Manning of coaches.

And yes ... Colt was good. I contend ... without Vince Young ... Texas is not playing in that Rose Bowl ...
    edited October 2013

Tequilla said:

You have really been dooging it up lately with your Price bashing and Wilcox dick sucking.
    Wilcox's D has fallen off some, but I think it has more to do with Seven than Wilcox. He's a good (not great yet) DC. Price played bad against Oregon and even worse against ASU. Once again, he's not the problem, but it is what it is. I think he's the 4th through 6th best QB in the league, which is an above average QB. That's not really bashing.

It's not dooging. I hate Sark just as much as you guys. I just don't buy that Keith Price is a great QB. Sark is a fucking idiot AND our lines suck AND Price is not a great QB. Abundance mothafucka.