Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Willie Taggart

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Oregon is in some serious shit. They have a current crop of players who already have a history of quitting when faced with adversity.

They also have a recruiting class filled with "committed but i will still take all my visits" kids from the East coast who bought into this idea that Oregon was back, baby.

Then there's the coaching staff who looks like shit.

They needed to win this year.

You sound hopeful, but this is a bit dawgman. Even Kim-like.

A few data points:

They're not in fact quitting;
    Their defense is playing well, especially considering their offense can't stay on the field;
    Credit this to the new staff.

But that staff also inherited a team with one functional qb, who is now down, and they're light on receivers (bump creepy's poast about dismissing Carrington).

It's easy to say "just run the ball on every play" but that only works in your living room. Against good teams, and the the Cuogs are a good team, you have to be able to hurt a defense stacking the box. Oregon can't do that right now and has a kid who can't make easy reads because he's not ready for PAC 12 play. None of this spells " you fucked up with Taggart." We are well within LIPO.

I don't think their recruiting profile is exactly unique.

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Now 6-0 and coming off a pretend run at the title, and this is all anyone here cares about. Tell Willie his rent check is overdue.
    I love how you started by accusing me of sounding dawgman/ Kim-like and then proceed to explain-away a 4-score loss to the coogs at home
    Do you love it? What part did I get wrong?

Good post Grinolds.
    Everything
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The Cougs are not a good team. HTH.

Slightly better than the Canes
    You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

Miami looks good, probably a year away from contending.
    The point of the poast wasn't to argue that Oregon is a good team in disguise. It's the conclusion on the coaching staff.
    Sure, it's not entirely reasonable to dismiss UW 2014 and shit all over Taggert in year 1.

if I were a duck fan, I would would be nervous this staff is closer to Helton than Petersen. And I would be angry with the AD for shirking Row The Boat at this point as well.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Oregon is in some serious shit. They have a current crop of players who already have a history of quitting when faced with adversity.

They also have a recruiting class filled with "committed but i will still take all my visits" kids from the East coast who bought into this idea that Oregon was back, baby.

A few data points:

Their defense is playing well, especially considering their offense can't stay on the field;

But that staff also inherited a team with one functional qb, who is now down, and they're light on receivers (bump creepy's poast about dismissing Carrington).

It's easy to say "just run the ball on every play" but that only works in your living room. Against good teams, and the the Cuogs are a good team, you have to be able to hurt a defense stacking the box. Oregon can't do that right now and has a kid who can't make easy reads because he's not ready for PAC 12 play. None of this spells " you fucked up with Taggart." We are well within LIPO.

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Now 6-0 and coming off a pretend run at the title, and this is all anyone here cares about. Tell Willie his rent check is overdue.
    I love how you started by accusing me of sounding dawgman/ Kim-like and then proceed to explain-away a 4-score loss to the coogs at home

Good post Grinolds.
    Everything
    You mad?

I didnt explain away a loss Kris. I explained away how FS it is to conclude that Taggart is doomed based on that loss. I know reading isn't your strong suit.

And I don't know a single person who's been watching college football for more than a couple of years riding on the Peterman train and who isn't retarded who thinks that. Congratulations. You must be retarded.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A few data points:

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Good post Grinolds.
    Everything
    You mad?

I didnt explain away a loss Kris. I explained away how FS it is to conclude that Taggart is doomed based on that loss. I know reading isn't your strong suit.

And I don't know a single person who's been watching college football for more than a couple of years riding on the Peterman train and who isn't retarded who thinks that. Congratulations. You must be retarded.
    Nope. You seem upset though.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

Miami looks good, probably a year away from contending.
    The point of the poast wasn't to argue that Oregon is a good team in disguise. It's the conclusion on the coaching staff.
    Sure, it's not entirely reasonable to dismiss UW 2014 and shit all over Taggert in year 1.

if I were a duck fan, I would would be nervous this staff is closer to Helton than Petersen. And I would be angry with the AD for shirking Row The Boat at this point as well.
    You don't know until you know. Couple years ago, there were more than a few Sallys around here growing pretty impatient with Peterman. I remember who they were. 7-6.

As far as I can tell, Taggart has put together a good staff. Getting Levitt was huge. Cristobal is a very well respected young coach. 99% of the cffootball world thought FIU was retarded to let him go. And he recruits lights out. And he's a Cane.

The point, which has soared over the heads of my friends here, is that Grinold's post is more hopeful than it is reasonable. As people here should know all too well, it doesn't take long for a bad staff to make a big mess. Playing tough for a half, and then losing big to one of the better cuog teams in the last several years, isn't much on which to draw a firm conclusion.

It's pretty simple. Their D is playing well enough to keep them in games, but their offense can't stay on the field. They are thin at receiver, and now have a freshman who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing under center. For any coaching staff, those are bad facts.
  • Options

A few data points:

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Good post Grinolds.
    Everything
    You mad?

Nope. You seem upset though.
    Nope. Not at all. I live for this shit. Are you new here?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

A few data points:

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Disagree.
  • Options
    dflea said:

A few data points:

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Disagree.
    7-6
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    it's hard for me to hear about the year 1 excuse for faggart (which is fair) at the same time mosster and blitzkrieg talk about how amazing Oregon is right now
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

A few data points:

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Disagree.
    7-6
    Disagree.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,201
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like you took the bait
    No; it looks like I didn't. That we banter is axiomatic. I only check out when I check out. I'm not checked out. Don't flatter yourself white center.
    You seem upset
  • Options

Looks like you took the bait
    No; it looks like I didn't. That we banter is axiomatic. I only check out when I check out. I'm not checked out. Don't flatter yourself white center.
    You seem upset
    You took the bait. Your brown wife would be ashamed.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

it's hard for me to hear about the year 1 excuse for faggart (which is fair) at the same time mosster and blitzkrieg talk about how amazing Oregon is right now

Is it hard?

Well, OBK and Mosster are retarded. HTH

They have some damn good players at some positions, and their o line is solid - not world beaters but pretty good.

But there are holes. Qb and wr depth in particular, just from what we can see. What would happen if Dye or Jelks went down? No idea, but if it's like some positions then things could get worse.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't get what the identity of this Gulf Coast offense is. When we had to take our schematic shot in the first quarter to get to 10 points the game was over.

Last night had some real shades of Slingblade to them. Going for it on 4th down deep in our end to only punt the rest of the night in that situation. That's either what you do and who you are or it isn't. You can't half ass who you are.

I understand the roster is in shambles already and they are giving something like 13 true freshman starter minutes. I don't understand knowing where Wazzu was going to shift to on every play (it's super predictable) and running plays into the teeth of it.

The reality is the O-line is good, the D-line and secondary are good. The backs are good when they aren't overloaded and that applies to all backs. The WR's are beat up and bad. The LB's are super terrible outside of Dye. Herbert is an NFL QB, but can only do so much and is out for six weeks.

I don't see any recruits bailing because the infrastructure and everything else is still there and the ability to play right away is obviously there. Peterman did a ton of stupid shit as he made the transition to Power 5 football as well.

This year will be about getting the young guys better, actually getting strong for the first time in 30 years, and bringing in talent. Like every head coach you judge them in year three.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    GTFO of here with that "Herbert is an NFL QB" shit.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

6'6" and around 220lbs when he gets drafted with every throw in the book. Sorry sweetheart, that's an NFL QB. He might suck, but he will get his shot.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He'll sign a CONTRACT
  • Options
    dnc said:

He'll sign a CONTRACT
    Putting him in company with the great line of Husky signal callers.